Japan 日本 Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Ginza, etc.

G35 to JDM land

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
G35 to JDM land

OK, so I'm taking my G35 to Japan. Anyone have any suggestions of what I need to do to get it legalized. I know that I'll have to change my headlights because signs are on the left in Japan. I'm not sure about the tail lights, my blinkers are red not yellow. Does anyone know if I will have to do anything for the emissions? Like the cat/tune.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Back in SD**

Is it just me or is there no one on G35driver from Japan. We have a lot of service members in Japan. Is G35Driver unknown out there, or is their another website that I should be checking out? How about the Nationals, are they going elsewhere as well? I'm flying into Japan on 02 July, would love to see some Skyline V35 enthusiasts. I know plenty of R32-4 enthusiasts their, but they say they haven't seen that Many V35's on the road.

Guess I might be the only one pimping out the G35/V35 in Japan?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
What Jdm Land

Old 05-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Back in SD**

That's funny. The first and only person to reply is my SDG brotha

Old 05-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe so.....Be prepared to get a lot of stares...

I wonder if people over there will think your car is as cool as we think about the RHD cars here.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Back in SD**

Originally Posted by TurK
I don't believe so.....Be prepared to get a lot of stares...
That's what I'm hoping for Although, I plan on tinting my front windows, so people may not even suspect that it is a US version. They might just think that I re-badged it. I'll have a completely unique front bumper though
I'll be the only Sedan in Japan with the KurumaZ front end
Originally Posted by TurK
I wonder if people over there will think your car is as cool as we think about the RHD cars here.
I know that before I left Japan in early 05; I would see V35 coupes with Infiniti badges. So, I think they might think it is cool.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
PM JuanG. He was deployed over there a few months ago.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why bother? Just sell it and buy a Skyline 350GT when you land.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Back in SD**

Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
PM JuanG. He was deployed over there a few months ago.
I'll do that. Did he take his car? If not, then I doubt he could help.

Originally Posted by Carlito
Why bother? Just sell it and buy a Skyline 350GT when you land.[/IMG]
ばか!
I'll lose too much money if I try to sell it and start all over again. I'm good with the route I'm taking. On top of that, when the Navy forces me to go back to the states, I'll have to sell yet another car. No thank you. I have a wife and 2 kids. I need to keep some things stable. Always buying and selling cars would put me in the poor house. The Navy is paying the shipping/importing costs. All I have to pay for is registration and whatever I have to change to meet emissions and safety requirements. Those fees really won't be all that different than if I bought a car in Japan and had to register it. (When I registered my R32 GT-R I had to pay ~1.5g's and that was a used car!)

Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 PM
JZ
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe KY0
Wow... Im interested in how this turns out... I wanted a JDM Honda Legend 91-95 and work in an import/export business and still could get anyone to help me out... Just watch out for customs. Ive heard that Japanese customs are a tad bit more strict than U.S customs

Old 05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Back in SD**

It is actually the other way around. The US is more strict.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Back in SD**

Update.
Somehow in shipping my bumper got messed up a little. Just under the side marker light it is cracked and chipped. Also the marker light is now missing a clip. It looks like they tried to steal it and when the clip fell out they got pissed. Now I have to deal with claims in Hawaii. First I have to get my car legalized though. I am driving it around with temp plates. On Monday I am heading to Tokyo near Yokota Air Force base and I have to do my emission tests.
It is a two day procedure and it will cost me about $2K. After that I have to go to yokohama and do something then I will have to mail off the paperwork that I have and pay a "Recycling" fee. Huh? I'm not recycling my car! It is my car and will be my car for a friggin' while )(@#*&%.

My insurance was ~$1800 for a 12 month policy of full coverage with a $500 deductible. This is for car insurance plus JCI (Japanese Compulsory Insurance). I honestly have no clue why that second one exists, but all cars have to pay it every 1 or 2 years.

It is funny, I have seen more V36 Skylines here than V35. Honestly, the Fuga (M35/45) is more popular than our car. At least it makes me pretty unique. I get stares everywhere I go. It helps that I"m driving on the wrong side of the car

Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Back in SD**

Here will be my parking space, if we can get this house. We'll know next week. It is a tight fit length wise. Obviously I can fit another car next to ours

Sucks that I will be introducing new scratches to the rear end of my car, but this is the price I have to pay. I'll ask the owner if we can trim these plants.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by psedog
Update.
Somehow in shipping my bumper got messed up a little. Just under the side marker light it is cracked and chipped. Also the marker light is now missing a clip. It looks like they tried to steal it and when the clip fell out they got pissed. Now I have to deal with claims in Hawaii. First I have to get my car legalized though. I am driving it around with temp plates. On Monday I am heading to Tokyo near Yokota Air Force base and I have to do my emission tests.
It is a two day procedure and it will cost me about $2K. After that I have to go to yokohama and do something then I will have to mail off the paperwork that I have and pay a "Recycling" fee. Huh? I'm not recycling my car! It is my car and will be my car for a friggin' while )(@#*&%.

My insurance was ~$1800 for a 12 month policy of full coverage with a $500 deductible. This is for car insurance plus JCI (Japanese Compulsory Insurance). I honestly have no clue why that second one exists, but all cars have to pay it every 1 or 2 years.

It is funny, I have seen more V36 Skylines here than V35. Honestly, the Fuga (M35/45) is more popular than our car. At least it makes me pretty unique. I get stares everywhere I go. It helps that I"m driving on the wrong side of the car
as I was reading, I thought you were gonna say wrong side of the road that would get lots of attention...

Sounds like a lot of poop you have to go through to get your car in order... good luck!

Old 07-19-2008, 05:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do they harass as much for the front plates?

Anyway, you are definitely the only one with Rookie's bumper there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 to JDM land