Notices

06 headlight 8k vs. 6k

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
I'm using 10000K for both headlights and fogs and are fine for me (GP Thunder brand).

I don't wanna jack this thread, but cuz you guys are talking about head lights. So, I'm wondering if the new projectors on the G change colors when dipping (Maxima like)?

Old 02-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Headlights are overrated. They dont have to actually light up the road. I painted mine all black. Sometimes I even wear a blindfold just to up the difficulty. I am taking my brakes off next week.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Headlights are overrated. They dont have to actually light up the road. I painted mine all black. Sometimes I even wear a blindfold just to up the difficulty. I am taking my brakes off next week.

HAHAHAHAHA.........ROFLMAO

Yeah....who needs all that saftey equipment.....it just adds unneeded weight to the car.........Why see at night? we could easily evolve into a nocturnal vision species....right?

And I find it much easier to just swerve around someone rather than stop!

This thread is toooooo funny....

Bottom line....I think the opinion is stick with the friggin 6000 temp

Old 02-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
omg, how in the *** do u run 10000k? you can't see anything!

how are u gonna put "coolness" over safety at night? my gawd, just like all those honda civcs and shiet out there, that think they look cool with 20 million K headlights.....*shakes head*

Old 02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're going to go blue, go all the way. 30000K baby!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/30000...QQcmdZViewItem

In reality though, most bulbs above 8000K are just various shades of blue or purple. The manufacturing specs on those bulbs are not consistent.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by SeZkI
who cares about functionality 8k all the way man.. every single one of my friends has 8k and one has 6k, who cares if you can see more with 6k, 8k is more of a crystal blue color its sickk.

ps. my friend with 6k regrets it.

06 headlight 8k vs. 6k-redneck.jpg

Old 02-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperShick

how are u gonna put "coolness" over safety at night? my gawd, just like all those honda civcs and shiet out there, that think they look cool with 20 million K headlights.....*shakes head*
Thats a pretty big overgeneralization considering the number of honda retrofits out there with superior flicker and cutoff. If you went to HIDplanet and told them you wanted to use 6000k bulbs to get more color you would get laughed out of there. Superior optics +4300k beats ultinons any day of the week, at most a 5000k bulb should be used, but plenty of people are getting great output with stock bulbs

Old 02-16-2007, 01:09 PM
well i say honda civics because i remember this one guy at HIDplanet that was at the line with a civic and he had 10000K bulbs. The civic tried to race and pulled off but because he couldn't see anything ahead of him, he had to wait for the guy that he was trying to race to pull up next to him to use his headlights to see in front of him.

That story cracked me up and so i generalized. but i do understand that there are many, many superior retrofits on hondas, acuras, any imports. but still, i do think it's a good "generalization" that people out there put on the high 'K' output for coolness when they may very well be crashing into something that's oncoming purple in color =/

Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by SuperShick

Maybe you need to have ur eyes checked up. 10000k is fine with me, as far as I've experienced a lot of HID brands b4, dif. brand has a little dif. output. With my TP Thunder, it put out more brightness than another other cars with HID that I have sat in. And what's wrong with ppl choosing what color they want to be, you don't have to be an **** about that.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by vhtran
Maybe you need to have ur eyes checked up. 10000k is fine with me, as far as I've experienced a lot of HID brands b4, dif. brand has a little dif. output. With my TP Thunder, it put out more brightness than another other cars with HID that I have sat in. And what's wrong with ppl choosing what color they want to be, you don't have to be an **** about that.
Its impossible for your 10000k kit to put out more than a stock 4300k kit, you may think that because of the "cool" blue color, but you are at less than 50% of stock output. Its a FACT thats already been tested by alot of people more knowledgeable than you.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
lol....what claims they are

Old 02-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Its impossible for your 10000k kit to put out more than a stock 4300k kit, you may think that because of the "cool" blue color, but you are at less than 50% of stock output. Its a FACT thats already been tested by alot of people more knowledgeable than you.
Did I ever said that mine 10000k is the best? I said, its brighter than some of the others. Base on FACTS, I do agree that lower color temp output more brightness and also base on FACTs two of my other friends using 6000k (shiiiiety brand) on their Audis S4 and can't barely see the shiiiiets on road at night. They end up up using better brand with 8000k color (loving them) and of course more visibility than mine.

My knowledge may not be better than those ppl, but I know for sure that I didn't state that my 10000k is brightest. You should re-read my post b4 flaming on me buddy.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Did I ever said that mine 10000k is the best? I said, its brighter than some of the others. Base on FACTS, I do agree that lower color temp output more brightness and also base on FACTs two of my other friends using 6000k (shiiiiety brand) on their Audis S4 and can't barely see the shiiiiets on road at night. They end up up using better brand with 8000k color (loving them) and of course more visibility than mine.

My knowledge may not be better than those ppl, but I know for sure that I didn't state that my 10000k is brightest. You should re-read my post b4 flaming on me buddy.
Go read your post again. You said your 10000k bulbs are brighter than your friend's 6000k bulbs, IMPOSSIBLE! Even ****ty brand 6000k bulbs will have higher output than a 10000k setup. No way it can be brighter. Measuring with your eyes is deceptive, people see blue and think its brighter because of the constrast but it isn't. The correct way to measure light output is with a light meter which will give you output in lumens, and its already a FACT that ALL 10000k bulbs put out significantly less lumens than even a 6000k bulb, given that the ballasts and voltages applied are the same

Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Geeesh, ok mr. knows it all...Lets just make your day happy, YES YOU'RE RIGHT, hope you sleep better tonight then. Sorry can't prove you the ones on my friends cars, kinda gaaaaay tard keep arguing.

Wondering why so many un-friendly ppl in this G forum. Just sitting there waiting to flame on others when they just asking for help.

Last edited by vhtran; 02-16-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Geeesh, ok mr. knows it all...Lets just make your day happy, YES YOU'RE RIGHT, hope you sleep better tonight then. Sorry can't prove you the ones on my friends cars, kinda gaaaaay tard keep arguing.

Wondering why so many un-friendly ppl in this G forum. Just sitting there waiting to flame on others when they just asking for help.
I'm not flamming the people asking for help, I only have a problem with people giving bad advice and thinking they are right regardless of the facts. Why didn't your friends just get quality 6000k bulbs, would have been a better idea, shoddy ebay stuff is always a bad idea

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 06 headlight 8k vs. 6k