Notices

LED Replacement Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
take a screw driver, stick it in the inside wall of the plastic light cover (nearest the moonroof buttons) and push outwards towards your driverside/passenger side window a little bit and force the plastic down, so it pops off it's hinges

Old 07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hands down...polarg for all your lighting needs

Last edited by Jay.Diem; 07-21-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
woot 3 and 4th mod completed.

I took videos too!!

anyone even care though? it was pretty simple but hindsight is 20/20. Thanks elayman, without your advice i probably would still be in my car.

Heh the doors stumped me for a while. But i figured it out!

if anyone wants the videos i can youtube them.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jay.Diem
Hands down...polarg for all your lighting needs :
What's so great about your bulbs that I should pay 3 times the price of V-LEDs.com?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 PM
The 6 smt dome lights were way too bright for me personally though. Luckily i only order 1 set. I through them in my under doors and there are awesome. I tried them in the domes at first and i think i went blind looking at them. I put back the original nasty yellowish ones and i will order another set of maybe 3 smt or 1 larger size smt. The 6 is blinding and i only tried one. I cant imagine what 2 of them on would look like. I am gonna assume that you guys have your doors set to NOT turn on the lights when you open them? i think E.T. might show up by my car thinking it was a spaceship if i had both 6 smt's bangin.
Also my tint isnt super dark so it kinda looks ghey.

Anyone have a white g35 coupe and put in blue dome lights? im thinkin of doing that instead of the white. Dont want it ricey looking though. I got white doors and license plate.

LAST question. I am in canada, (alberta)

is it illegal to have white corners? I have clear corners right now but the bulb inside is that amber color(came with)

I am askin cause i have no idea how to search that up besides calling the police department and asking their opinion. My car is tinted fully but i havent gotten pulled over and i know that is illegal. *knock on wood* Think they will care about my corner colors?

Thx.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
What's so great about your bulbs that I should pay 3 times the price of V-LEDs.com?
I got my bulbs from here

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1pc-31mm-3022-3175-6-SMD-LED-White-Festoon-Bulb_W0QQitemZ200239207500QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33713QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262
They look identical to the VLEDS. There are a lot of cheap looking ones on ebay and im sure people have gotten ganked cause of it. BUT I paid 18 bucks in total for 2 of these. and 10 bucks for 2 license plate ones.

VLEDs wants 18 just for shipping

so i guess my question is there too Hopefully these dont die after 3 months but i highly doubt it, they look really well made and i dont see the diff between the VLED ones. They are the same price actually, but VLEDs deal gets killed cause of the shipping cost.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by rock35
VLEDs wants 18 just for shipping
Wat?

http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...d/0/SFV/32481#

$3.75 shipping +$0.50 for each additional item. Only $9.99/pair...

I've had mine for nearly 12 months and have had no problems whatsoever. Great bulbs.

EDIT: Gotcha you're in Canada...

Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh wow its only 4 bucks to send within the ♦US? I must have forgot. FOR SURE get them from Vleds then if you are american. Trusted source. I didnt have that luxury, being a redneck canadien and all. eh.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey guys i'm new to the whole LED lighting thing. Anyways i ordered LEDs from VLEDS.com...now i was wondering how do i change the rear license plate bulb... city lights... and the light under the door (i notice that it is always on...would it be safe to change it while the bulb is on?) Thanks for the help guys.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Okay.. so i tried to change my city lights (strip) and guess what??? i lost a bulb inside the headlight somewhere. First off, it took me a long time just to take off the plastic around the wheels and could bearly open it and had no room to work in. twisting off the bulb was a bit hard and the LED bulb seemed loose when i put it in the connector. i tried to put the bulb in the headlight and it fell off inside the strip... took me a long time again just to get it out then it just fell out somewhere lost in my headlight. another problem i was having was that i couldn't twist it back in. i basically had to work blind with just my hands and taking guesses on putting it in and twisting whichever way to make it fit. ahhhh this is so frustrating! now im driving with only 1 city light working. the other one has no bulb and i just left the connector hanging out.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:42 PM
you need to push the LED in the plug pretty hard until it feels stuck lol.. anyways i hope you can get it out. try pulling that plastic thing down below the strut or w/e that piece is and it should stay there while you can peak your head in near the wheel and use your hand to put it back together

Old 07-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so after reading this thread, I'm pretty convinced that I'm going to use v-leds.com as my source of lighting that I want to do for my city and dome lights..

Now, I want to use a white 194/168 LED for my city lights, prefereably ones that are omnidirectional and pretty bright. Which ones should I get??

I also want a white LED, but not extremely bright, for my dome lights... Which ones should I get?

Thanks guys...

Old 07-21-2008, 02:18 AM
get the 17smt 194 bulb found on the v-leds.com site for the driving light, they are plenty bright.. as for the dome get either the 6smt festoon or something with regular leds, the smts are brighter so it's really your choice. I don't have smts in my dome lights, but they aren't very bright

Old 07-21-2008, 12:10 PM
^^^
I actually disagree that the SMT's are brighter than the single forward-firing LED for applications like the driving or clearance strip, license plate and clear corner.

Another member, sfgr_415 (IIRC) experimented with all types and found that that was the case. The driving light might be an exception since it is in a reflective housing so a lot of little LEDs might look better than the one powerful foward-firing LED.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
so after reading through this whole thread, I'm going to order lights for my clear corners, map lights, and door lights... These should all be 168 right? I know I want brighter lights for the doors/clear corners, so what should I get? Plan to get them from VLeds so if you have any recommendations please let me know

I know I brought this thread back from the dead again... but its a good thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: LED Replacement Questions