Notices

What is the best bulb for clearance light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the best bulb for clearance light?

Hi,
i made ALOT of research here and also bought 2 HID WHITE 6 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2825 form V-LED but they do not match my headlights, the are too bluish for the xenonx. i think i have oem xenons (I bought the car used from a non-infiniti dealer but one xenon was burned and he replaced it but i don't know what bulb he bought. is there any way that i can figure that out?).
those vled bulbs are not bright enough. you cant see them during the day nor they fill the hole clearance light at night.
did anyone experience a great REAL WHITE, not blue, bulb which fills all the clearance light and match closely with the OEM xenons?
Thanks.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
go with something thats got really high lumins..i ordered a pair that are 60 luminins and we'll see how that goes.. they have some at 200 also.. look around in the 194/168/158 area of v-leds.com

Old 10-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
go with something thats got really high lumins..i ordered a pair that are 60 luminins and we'll see how that goes.. they have some at 200 also.. look around in the 194/168/158 area of v-leds.com
can you let me know how it looks after?
if it matches with the oem xenon?
or if it fills all clearance light and if its really white.
i would appriciated if you would even take pictures of it.
thank you

Old 10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
yah ill take some, i already know it wont match the oem lights thought because its i think 6500k so it will be a bit bluer but as soon i get them ill take pix as comparisons

Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 PM
thank you bro...will be waiting for the pix i hope they will be good

Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 AM
just took some picture tonight of the leds i have now + the clear corners, eh my cam is OK so ull have 2 take more of my word for it..

the city light is honestly a very nice blue towards purple color.. it looks really great.. so while i didnt match it with my projectors or wutvea they r called... the city lights hold their own.. pretty interesting wish the pictures could capture how nice they look imo

Old 10-23-2008, 01:05 AM
just took some picture tonight of the leds i have now + the clear corners, eh my cam is OK so ull have 2 take more of my word for it..

the city light is honestly a very nice blue towards purple color.. it looks really great.. so while i didnt match it with my projectors or wutvea they r called... the city lights hold their own.. pretty interesting wish the pictures could capture how nice they look imo
do they fill it well?
are u gonna post the pix?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:16 AM
this is the best picture i see that shows off how bright these leds are
not very.. lol but yet still a nice look imo

they look a little closer to purple in person

here is a picture with the projectors on.. pretty much all the lights on

again the picture shows that the leds are more blue, but they r not in person

here is a picture with the clear corners

seems like the clear corners are whiter in person.. haha

this is the led for the clear corners
http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481

these are leds that i have for my city lights

its weird that the led i use for my clear corners is rated at 8000-9000k which should be closer to purple... lol i ono they are crazy but theres the basic setup.. play around with them.. ill show you picture of the new ones i ordered once they come in

by the way the city lights.. you cant see them in the daytime.. just when night.. damn 20 lumins

Old 10-23-2008, 01:18 AM
i honestly think they fit them pretty well.. just because i said they are closer to purple, dont get turned off by that.. its somewere between blue and purple.. i like the look A LOT i just need them to be brighter, so this is what i ordered http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481

Old 10-23-2008, 01:27 AM
i honestly think they fit them pretty well.. just because i said they are closer to purple, dont get turned off by that.. its somewere between blue and purple.. i like the look A LOT i just need them to be brighter, so this is what i ordered http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481
thanks alot for the pictures and for your time taking the pictures and explaining here to me.
i am really curious about the ones u have ordered. Today i was looking at those ones too.
how long does it take for you to recieve stuff from vleds?
maybe you can post pictures with the new ones as well?
i hope they are alot more brighter.
i have leds in my clearance light that i got from vleds, they are not bright at all, you cannot see them during the day.
thanks again and waiting for the news from you again

Old 10-23-2008, 10:21 AM
yah no problem, its all good.. i know its hard to go searching for this, i did the same thing and it takes SOO long haha, so yah no problem.. hopefully the ones i got actually FIT into that area.. because its a snug fit.. oh boy haha, but def will be brighter.. the ones i have are 20 lumins, the ones i ordered are 60 lumins

Old 10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
yah no problem, its all good.. i know its hard to go searching for this, i did the same thing and it takes SOO long haha, so yah no problem.. hopefully the ones i got actually FIT into that area.. because its a snug fit.. oh boy haha, but def will be brighter.. the ones i have are 20 lumins, the ones i ordered are 60 lumins
hey man i was wondering if you have recieved your bulbs.
let me know how they are
thanks

Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
i got the bulbs.. pics dont do it justice.. the interior are ftw!
but i have to warn you, they are SOO bright at night haha

as for the high power leds, in the city lights.. it wusnt THAT big of an improvement...

just be careful when u take out the other leds.. they might fall into the headlight housing..haha but id would def suggest the dome lights.. those are a nice addition

Old 10-30-2008, 06:09 PM
i got the bulbs.. pics dont do it justice.. the interior are ftw!
but i have to warn you, they are SOO bright at night haha

as for the high power leds, in the city lights.. it wusnt THAT big of an improvement...

just be careful when u take out the other leds.. they might fall into the headlight housing..haha but id would def suggest the dome lights.. those are a nice addition

i was so hoping that the city light bulbs would be whiter and alot brighter with those and you say its not a big difference... dissapointing
well why cant they make real white leds i dont understand anything they say white is not white on the clearance strips and never fills the hole thing.
i will have to keep searching i guess..
thank you for the info.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds like yall should use 12" white ccfl in the clearance...that's what i used in my clear corners (only 4"), and they are MUCH whiter than leds

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is the best bulb for clearance light?