Notices

White turn signal bulbs + fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White turn signal bulbs + fog lights

Hey guys.. do you have some recommendation for turn lights G35 '06? I bought some leds from VLED but after installation my turn signal lights are flashing way too fast like they are burned out :/
PS. What fog lights (White/blue) would you recommend?
Thx

Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do you want HID's in them ?

Old 09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
yup but I really would need some white/blue turn signal bulbs which would work for sure.. someone told me that in current ones voltage is too low and that's why they are flashing too fast :/

Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM
For the turn signals you will need to get a set of the load resistors that they sell on vled. The resistors will up the overall current draw of the system to that of one with factory incandescent bulbs. That should take care of the hyper-blinking issue.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by caddyshack
For the turn signals you will need to get a set of the load resistors that they sell on vled. The resistors will up the overall current draw of the system to that of one with factory incandescent bulbs. That should take care of the hyper-blinking issue.

OK so I just bought those resistors.. installed them.. and got another issue lol
When I start the car my turn signals will flash once and then.. nothing. Like it's off or dead.. then when I switch it to off position and then turn it again same thing.. flashes once and then dead.. after 10 minutes of driving it works fine..
Any ideas?
I think that the problem may be that I bought bigger resistors for 4 LEDs so I should have LEDs in rear too but there's a stock bulb..

Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_10PL
OK so I just bought those resistors.. installed them.. and got another issue lol
When I start the car my turn signals will flash once and then.. nothing. Like it's off or dead.. then when I switch it to off position and then turn it again same thing.. flashes once and then dead.. after 10 minutes of driving it works fine..
Any ideas?
I think that the problem may be that I bought bigger resistors for 4 LEDs so I should have LEDs in rear too but there's a stock bulb..
Maybe, it might be seeing too much of a load? When you say it starts working after 10 minutes, is that based on the interior indicator blinking or by the led and rear bulb blinking?

Also, one thing to try with the larger resistors would be to pull the rear bulb. If the larger resistor really is the issue than the overall load should be correct with this bulb out...just a guess though... That or replace one of the rear bulbs with one of the LEDs from the front and see if that single side works...

Good Luck, post back what you find!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by caddyshack
Maybe, it might be seeing too much of a load? When you say it starts working after 10 minutes, is that based on the interior indicator blinking or by the led and rear bulb blinking?

Also, one thing to try with the larger resistors would be to pull the rear bulb. If the larger resistor really is the issue than the overall load should be correct with this bulb out...just a guess though... That or replace one of the rear bulbs with one of the LEDs from the front and see if that single side works...

Good Luck, post back what you find!

It's based on both interior indicator blinking and both bulbs.
I was thinking about 2 options.. get 2 new resistors (smaller ones) or replace the bulbs in rear for LED... but you know how complicated it is to take the rear bulb out and I installed resistors really deep so I need to take my wheels off so I decided ask here first
Thanx!