Notices

Started my Quad Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been able to get much done. I did just finish wiring up the garage door opener and it works perfectly So I'll definitely be putting a DIY up soon. As for my quads, I've finished a few more things. I'll post all that and pics in an update tomorrow hopefully.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) see my sig or msg me if you come across any problems during your build, our projects are very similar

2) O M G lol i love the garage door opener attached to the high beam switch idea... that's just... really cool and smart. for some reason i can't get over how funny and cool i think that idea is, kudos.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Thumbs up

Yea man please do a DIY on this... Wanting to upgrade my 04 coupe asap

Old 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Any updates ?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Sorry it's been so long since the last update, I've been way too busy lately. The bulbs came in the other day so I have everything that I need now. Its funny, it always seems that these projects turn into bigger projects. At the start, I was planning on just doing the quads. Now its led to a partial wire tuck, the garage door opener, and probably some LED work lol. I still do plan on getting pics for the garage door opener DIY, hopefully I'll have some time this week.

I'm getting pretty close to being finished though. All that's left for the passenger HL is mounting the shroud, painting, and possibly some LED stuff. The driver HL needs abit more work than the passenger, mainly just mounting the projector. Just need to drill a couple more holes and it'll be ready to mount.

All 4 lens have been swapped out already too. I actually got some time to test the passenger HL and it works perfectly

visibiliti- I actually saw your thread, your setup looks awesome It's actually what partially made me want to use G35 projectors

Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by cc_brandon
Sorry it's been so long since the last update, I've been way too busy lately. The bulbs came in the other day so I have everything that I need now. Its funny, it always seems that these projects turn into bigger projects. At the start, I was planning on just doing the quads. Now its led to a partial wire tuck, the garage door opener, and probably some LED work lol. I still do plan on getting pics for the garage door opener DIY, hopefully I'll have some time this week.

I'm getting pretty close to being finished though. All that's left for the passenger HL is mounting the shroud, painting, and possibly some LED stuff. The driver HL needs abit more work than the passenger, mainly just mounting the projector. Just need to drill a couple more holes and it'll be ready to mount.

All 4 lens have been swapped out already too. I actually got some time to test the passenger HL and it works perfectly

visibiliti- I actually saw your thread, your setup looks awesome It's actually what partially made me want to use G35 projectors
Hey man what method did you use to open your headlights? I opened my original ones with a heatgun but I'm thinking about trying the OVEN method because I heard its easier and the headlights turn out better.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Locksmith
Hey man what method did you use to open your headlights? I opened my original ones with a heatgun but I'm thinking about trying the OVEN method because I heard its easier and the headlights turn out better.
I opened mine in the oven. I put a piece of cardboard down to keep it off the metal rack. Also, I set it to 220 and put them in for 14 minutes to start. 2 were good after 14 minutes and the other 2 needed about 3 more minutes.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 PM
So I'm almost there. All that's left is to mount the shrouds and seal them back up. I've decided to hold off on adding LEDs for now. I have to come up with a solution for how I want everything to work and that's turned out to be harder than I thought it would. I'll probably open them back up in the spring when my car goes in for paint.

I also decided to paint the headlights. I never really could decide if I liked the chrome headlights. Part of me likes it, but the other doesn't. I ended up using a chrome spray paint that gave me more of a satin finish. I think I like it but if I don't, I'll repaint them in the spring.

Anyways, I sealed one back up to check for clearance and decided that now would be a good time to take some pics. Here's before sealing, I'll post up sealed pics later tonight hopefully.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I think it looks great man nice job! How did you mount the projector on the bottom? Alot of rewiring at all?

Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Locksmith
I think it looks great man nice job! How did you mount the projector on the bottom? Alot of rewiring at all?
Thanks With G35 projectors, the top 2 mounting points line up with the screws that are already there for the lower reflector. I'm not sure if this is true for the 03-05 headlights. Big thanks to visbiliti for posting that info too

The lower mounting holes need some creativity. I had to cut some of the projector off to fit it in properly then extend that point to the OEM screw. It's mainly takes a trip to Home Depot to figure something out, at least for me lol. You also have to extend the screws abit. I couldn't find the correct threaded coupling nut so I had to make up some of my own.

As for the wiring, there really isn't that much. You have to tap into the solenoid if you want to use quad high beams. Other than that, its just a matter of putting together a harness with a relay for the lower projectors.

If you need any help, just send me a PM

Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow. that looks sickkk

Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 AM
cc_brandon, so happy that my thread was able to prove useful to someone! looks like your project came out exactly how you wanted it... any shots of the sealed up finished product? Did your shrouds end up fitting in right? I know mine looked like they fit at first but once i tried to seal up I realized they needed more modifications and had a bit more work to do before I got it right..

Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Still haven't finished them yet. I've decided to hold off on the LEDs for now. All thats left is to mount the shroud now. I'm pretty happy where it's sitting right now, I just need to figure out where I need to cut the good bezel. I'll probably seal them up one more time to make sure that everything clears. Hopefully I'll be able to have those mounted by tomorrow

Old 04-23-2010, 12:47 PM
So I've finally started working on these again. All that's left now is to mount the shrouds, paint, and seal. I accidentally stripped one of the plastic threads on the housing so I had to get some threaded inserts. I ended up replacing all OEM plastic threads with the new metal inserts. Size is M5 x 0.8, thanks to visbiliti for that I'm hoping that they'll be done on Monday or Tuesday.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Keep going!!! it's looking awesome! Great work

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Started my Quad Project