headlight housing boo-boos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^+1 lol same here... looks like some pro photography lingo

Old 09-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike, you need to fly down here and take some pics of my car bro. Beers are covered of course. lol

Edit: The only lines I see in the OP's pic are the refractors too so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Definitely take it back to get the scratches fixed though.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
that pic is clean mike!
but no im talking about the lines perpendicular to the refractors that are only about 1/2" each but there are roughly 10 of them
they are the only thing in the picture as bright as the LED, they really stand out. if you look at the picture it should be the first or second thing that catches your eye

Old 10-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same problem and here is a post I did about a month ago
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...t-housing.html
I called Infiniti consumer affair and put a complaint in because the manager just walked out and said it was due to the car being lowered. They advise me to bring the car back in and have them really look into why there would be cracks and what can be causing the cracks. Well I brought it back in for round 2 with the dealers and they had the car for about 3 hours because they were replacing my steering wheel for peeling, and there answer to why there were cracks was because the the lowering springs I installed causes more vibrations. No real or valid answer to why there is cracks on the housing, how do you test the vibration on a car from being stock and being lowered???
I'm going to give Infiniti consumer affair a call again tomorrow and see what they have to say.

with the headlights on, you can see the lines glow from the amber turn signals

Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
yup that is my same problem, hopefully those that were confused will be able to see it in your first picture [i cant even see them in the second one]
but wow thats just annoying the way they are trying to dodge you like that
they cant use that defense for me though, since i am on their stock sport suspension
i mean this car is under 4 years old, the headlights shouldnt be cracking and should be something they will cover

on a side note do you have a picture of your steering wheel before the replacement? because mine has gotten super worn and I might describe as peeling, but they didnt want to replace it because its "normal wear and tear"

Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
there answer to why there were cracks was because the the lowering springs I installed causes more vibrations.
rofl! This is the worst excuse i have ever heard form a dealer trying to avoid warranty work!

Old 10-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R3diK3r0u5
yup that is my same problem, hopefully those that were confused will be able to see it in your first picture [i cant even see them in the second one]
but wow thats just annoying the way they are trying to dodge you like that
they cant use that defense for me though, since i am on their stock sport suspension
i mean this car is under 4 years old, the headlights shouldnt be cracking and should be something they will cover

on a side note do you have a picture of your steering wheel before the replacement? because mine has gotten super worn and I might describe as peeling, but they didnt want to replace it because its "normal wear and tear"
sorry bro no pic's of my steering wheel before they replaced it

Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just discovered these same crack lines on my headlights yesterday after washing the car!

Old 12-20-2010, 03:34 PM
yeah you dont see them until you see them, and then you cant not see them.

im going in for oil change and alignment this week, going to try a new dealership and hopefully they will be replaced for me. im on drop springs now though so i hope they dont try to give me a hard time. or say that my LED parking lights caused it lmao

Old 12-20-2010, 04:47 PM
^ dont be suprised if they do tell you that your leds caused all the cracks. lol

Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
i have the same problem on mine, I know they are going to blame my painted housings even tho it seems to be a problem with guys that haven touched there headlights

Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same problem here.. i thot maybe it was from the heat of the oven used to open them for painting.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by SiK SedaN
same problem here.. i thot maybe it was from the heat of the oven used to open them for painting.
that might contribue because i think it is the heat from the sun that causes it

Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ dont be suprised if they do tell you that your leds caused all the cracks. lol
aaaaaahahaha I dare them to try and tell me some bs like that...whoa

Old 12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Guys after looking at the location of the cracks and thinking about it for a long time (I have these too), I honestly believe it's a design flaw. If your car sits still for too long, I believe the HID's are actually putting a lot of heat on that point of lens. It seems that everyone has the cracks in the same spot.

I haven't even tried asking Infiniti about mine, as I, too, painted my headlight housings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: headlight housing boo-boos