Notices

Dash Lights/Display Colors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2003 | 10:15 PM
|
Re: Dash Lights/Display Colors

I come from the mid nineties Nissan 240SX set. The white guages with the white lighting at night. It's all a matter of personal preference, really.

I am in no way a ricer and don't intend to modify the car to any degree mechanically. I have other cars to modify, but none with stickers.....But to alter the view of the dash by way of colors may not be that great of a feat, but would be a personal preference.

The amber color is livable, but not my first choice. I would take white/no color over the amber, but due to the fact that the lenses themselves may be colored, an alternate color may be made by way of changing either the bulbs or adding in a colored filter to alter the color.

The interior of the car is indeed nice, with few complaints. I love the seats, and the layout of the interior as far as controls and the view of everything is great.

Unfortunately, I have never taken notice of either the Hondas or the Volkswagons out there.

This was the first car to catch my eye in a very long time. It's easy to not see anything else.

Other toys.....
http://www.belowunderground.com/69camaro

<p>
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 05-07-2003 | 11:19 AM

Yah folks, I don't think anyone mentioned throwing Recarro seats in their G or adding racing harnesses - we're talking about changing the dash display to something more pleasing to the eyes. Personally, I can't stand the amber, and if I'm buying the G, then I'd like a replacement of the gauges and it's lighting scheme. Even something like : http://www.procarparts.com/store/dis...ory=Glo-Gauges would work for me...i know some of those are ricey, however I sincerely despise the amber color on the inside of my car - it hurts my eyes, it's ugly, and I'm not throwing down 30grand for a car that's got an ugly gauge cluster. :P

Someone please find something!

Old 05-07-2003 | 01:52 PM

Some of the gagues on that site look pretty nice..

the only reason I would hesitate is becuase i want all the lights matching! so unless I could get all my dash colors the same... i would be hesitant changing them out..

Old 05-07-2003 | 11:29 PM

EXACTLY, I personally hate Orange so bad and love Blue , but in the coupe with my orange/Graphite combo? It's perfect, and come on, this is a G35 COUPE we are talking about here, not those stupid Civic changing their dash in white or blue, and trust me, U get what U have, enjoy it and believe in those who spend tones of gold in designing the coupe ok...

[b][i]G35cp-5AT+PerformPk+Silverstone/graphite+AllTinted
See me? Light twice, honk once then smile

Old 05-10-2003 | 02:20 PM

I just think that when it comes to orange dash lights in the gauges, BMW has indeed one-uped infiniti....

same color, but their gauges are indented, so looks more classy than our flat, piece of plastic gauges....

as with the dash lights, since our displays are LED instead of dot-matrix, I'm not sure whether it'll look good with red or blue....

Old 05-16-2003 | 12:41 AM

I agree, there may be a clash - however a complete overhaul is out of the question for most of us (financially that's impossible for the avg person to handle).

I just want something a little easier on my eyes, and that's fashionable - doesn't need to be ricey.

Old 05-16-2003 | 03:07 AM

I have the black/graphite combo.... I believe it is is very nice like ryoken ... as it matches with the brembos too and the titanium console very nicely IMO

It looks pricey .. not ricey....classy ... not assy.

later

Old 05-20-2003 | 09:19 PM

ttt

Old 05-27-2003 | 11:18 AM

Bumpin for visibility - anyone find any gauges for the G?

Old 05-28-2003 | 01:15 AM

Nismo has gauges but not in America yet.

Old 05-28-2003 | 03:59 PM

any chance they can be purchased on the net?

Old 05-28-2003 | 06:27 PM

the Nismo gauges are white faced but still orange lit.

IMHO, changing the lights to blue would be completely F***ING gross. It would look horrible. I even have a CB coupe and would not want blue lights inside.

The orange looks much better in the G35.

As far as looking for aftermarket Glo-gauges... I seriously would not hold your breath. There isn't even any for the 350Z.

Old 05-29-2003 | 12:01 PM

After taking a 360 look at the interior on the Infiniti site, I gotta tell ya, redoing the color schema in the ride would be a beyotch, and probably void every warranty the car has...

Dam

Old 06-07-2003 | 12:43 AM

I don't have information on the G35 specifically, but changing orange LED displays to blue can be done. I currently own a 2002 Camry SE, and changed the orange LED interior to blue lighting. Granted it is not easy, but I thought it well worth it. I am here on this board because I am looking to buy a G35 coupe I hope as soon as I return from Iraq Pictures of the conversion are on page 6 of my webpage:

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/mach_y

Old 06-07-2003 | 11:59 AM

Niiiiice... i don't know that I would be able to take it as far as you have, but I do admire your work. The disassembly of a new car gives me chills - especially since i'm renowned for screwing things up :-/

Again, you do great work! What're you in Iraq for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dash Lights/Display Colors