Semi DIY: 03-05 Dual ring taillights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
He explained how to wire it all together
right,but thats not what i asked lol, i said i want to do a different variation of my own.IE have the led strips on the inner side of the light,closer to middle of the trunk,light up brighter when the break is pressed,and turn when the signal is on.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by PlastiDippinG
right,but thats not what i asked lol, i said i want to do a different variation of my own.IE have the led strips on the inner side of the light,closer to middle of the trunk,light up brighter when the break is pressed,and turn when the signal is on.
That's totally different haha. You're talking about like led strips. He got oem lights and used them. You're taking about complete customization with the different placement of the lights. As for the different lighting. This is oem again haha. What you're asking sounds like complete customization.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
^^^
I think you're misunderstanding him. The G Coupe have two circles and three LED lines right next to the reverse light. He wants both circles to work as brake lights and then the three LED lines to act as turn signal. Doable, Just a simple rewiring

Old 11-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SAMzG35
^^^
I think you're misunderstanding him. The G Coupe have two circles and three LED lines right next to the reverse light. He wants both circles to work as brake lights and then the three LED lines to act as turn signal. Doable, Just a simple rewiring
^^^ my man thanks for explaining lol, i thought i was loosing my mind. i knew what i was typin made sense,just couldn't figure out why he wasn't understanding what i was saying.
Would you be able to explain that to me or?

Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
That's totally different haha. You're talking about like led strips. He got oem lights and used them. You're taking about complete customization with the different placement of the lights. As for the different lighting. This is oem again haha. What you're asking sounds like complete customization.
to 06g35coupe: im not adding anything, i have 06 tails on my 04, i simply was asking them how to wire the existing lights themselves to have different functions lol,make sense? sorry for the confusion i caused u

Old 11-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
do you know if the sedan larger ring diameter is the same as the larger ring diameter of the coupe? I think i would do both if I was to do it, just so they look uniform in spacing. think you can measure it for me?

Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
to 06g35coupe: im not adding anything, i have 06 tails on my 04, i simply was asking them how to wire the existing lights themselves to have different functions lol,make sense? sorry for the confusion i caused u [/QUOTE]

Lol oh those lines. Ok now I understand. You lost me at led stripes because I didnt know if you had different tails or not. I have the 06 tails also and would love to do that if its possible!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Banned
sorry if i came off sounding rude 06coupe, i was jus explainin myself

Old 11-10-2012, 12:25 AM
G35
Awee you gays are so cute when you apologize. :P

Originally Posted by .cakestar
do you know if the sedan larger ring diameter is the same as the larger ring diameter of the coupe? I think i would do both if I was to do it, just so they look uniform in spacing. think you can measure it for me?
I threw it in the garbage long time ago. I doubt you can because the larger circle LEDs are not mounted on a circuit board like the smaller one. They are wired totally different. Also diameter wise they look bigger IIRC. Don't quote me on that though.

I know the pictures show a huge difference in th spacing but its not like that when looking at it. Average person won't even know they were touched of dont properly.

The following users liked this post:
guido631 (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys (new to the G world LOL) I just picked up my car last week and I'm reading all kinds of DIY's and I'm glad I found this fourm! This is something I am going to do very soon . When I do I'll post a DIY also! I am very handy and love projects like this and who knows what else ill come up with! SAMzG35 just wanted to say thanks love the DIY.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM
G35
Originally Posted by guido631
Hey guys (new to the G world LOL) I just picked up my car last week and I'm reading all kinds of DIY's and I'm glad I found this fourm! This is something I am going to do very soon . When I do I'll post a DIY also! I am very handy and love projects like this and who knows what else ill come up with! SAMzG35 just wanted to say thanks love the DIY.
Anytime man. Hit me up if you need help with anything.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Good job. I've been working on mine for like 4 months now. I have the 06 tails though. I hope you don't mind if I throw out some help. Trimming out the red so the circuit board will fit, I didn't have to do that.... Not saying it does not have to be done though. Also, then you are adding the new inner ring, make sure you cut enough off of the coupe tail light so you have Clearance. Also, what he said about not cutting deep is critical, and extremely easy to do. A few more things don't turn on the dremel full it melts the surrounding plastic, and you will be left with gaps. I have been posting my tails on a different thread, but I'm waiting on some overlays to come in and mine are done. This is a time consuming project, and you must be delicate at times. It's not the hardest thing to do, but its also not a walk in the park.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by .cakestar
Here is a pic of the other ring from the Sedan, They are wired in differently, and you cant just pop out the ring.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
Here is a pic of the other ring from the Sedan, They are wired in differently, and you cant just pop out the ring.

do you know if the diameter is the same as the 06 coupe larger ring? id actually just try to fit the entire housing in. i know those leds are just clipped in.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm 90 percent sure they are the same size... But they won't swap in. The housing is totally different.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 AM
I just double checked the coupe tails are a half touch larger. There are also 12 led lights on the coupe tails, where the sedan ones pictured above have ten, so they won't jut swap in. Of course it can't be that easy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Semi DIY: 03-05 Dual ring taillights