Old 12-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights of a car

hyundai santro (7 years back purchased)
problem :Head lights stopped working after battery changed

Old 12-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by prasanth
hyundai santro (7 years back purchased)
problem :Head lights stopped working after battery changed
Why are you posting here?
Try posting on a Hyundai site.
Did you blow/break a fuse when replacing the battery?
Bad or missing ground connection?
Use your multi-meter

Telcoman

Old 12-06-2017, 08:16 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yep clean the battery terminals and make sure you hooked everything up properly, if that isn't it then start with the headlight fuse located in the engine bay fuse panel. Typically it's near the battery and will have a large plastic cover showing the layout of fuses, headlight will be labeled as something like "LAMP H.LAMP LHD/RHD" or something similar. If the fuse is ok and all other electrical systems in the vehicle work properly check the high beams to see if they work, if you have high beams but not low beams the low beam relay is likely bad, it's located in the same engine bay fuse panel and will be labeled as something like "LAMPRLY, HRLY/LRLY, HIBEAM/LOBEAM" or something similar. If you have neither high/low beams but the INDICATOR on the instrument cluster works for high beams you may have fried both ballasts (if HID lamps) or the lamps themselves (either HID or traditional halogen).

Can't be more help than that since I try to stay away from Korean vehicles, personally I'm not a fan of the engineering, if all else fails take it to a mechanic or the dealership rather than throwing parts at the car hoping to find what's broken. Typically cheaper.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you bro! I will check now! 😃

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
yep clean the battery terminals and make sure you hooked everything up properly, if that isn't it then start with the headlight fuse located in the engine bay fuse panel. Typically it's near the battery and will have a large plastic cover showing the layout of fuses, headlight will be labeled as something like "lamp h.lamp lhd/rhd" or something similar. If the fuse is ok and all other electrical systems in the vehicle work properly check the high beams to see if they work, if you have high beams but not low beams the low beam relay is likely bad, it's located in the same engine bay fuse panel and will be labeled as something like "lamprly, hrly/lrly, hibeam/lobeam" or something similar. If you have neither high/low beams but the indicator on the instrument cluster works for high beams you may have fried both ballasts (if hid lamps) or the lamps themselves (either hid or traditional halogen).

Can't be more help than that since i try to stay away from korean vehicles, personally i'm not a fan of the engineering, if all else fails take it to a mechanic or the dealership rather than throwing parts at the car hoping to find what's broken. Typically cheaper.