Notices

Purple/Pink LED Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe
Purple/Pink LED Interior

This is my custom interior that I did. What do you think?

Last edited by Keith Poley; 10-20-2018 at 02:26 AM.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:32 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Post some pictures.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:27 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Post some pictures.
just figured out how to post them

Old 10-20-2018, 11:27 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Hrmm... it's really hard to tell from the shaky photos so I'll reserve judgement but now you've got me seriously considering adding it to my endgame plan for my G. Can you try to take some better photos, dim the lights a touch to reduce glare too, I want to see how it REALLY looks. The final modification on my long list of G things is to repaint the entire vehicle in Nissan midnight purple 3, one of the issues I figured would arise is how the interior orange lighting would clash and it never even crossed my mind to replace all the LED's with a more MP3 friendly color.

What LED brand did you use and how long did that project take?

Old 10-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Neat you went all out. I wonder if there is an RGB option we could do for solder on style ones.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Coupe
My camera doesnt take good photos of the gauges because theyre so bright at night! Notice the daytime photo of the gauge light is clear? Sorry about that. But they are extremely bright and vibrant... It couldnt be any better at all. I do LED work on the side for extra $. Id honestly rate the G35 as a 10/10 on difficulty scale. Simply because the gauge needles are non removable. One must de-solder the gauges from the circuit board and then CAREFULLY sand the stock yellow paint off the back of the gauges. All the while the gauge needles and stepper motors still attatched to the gauge faces! This permits the purple light from the LEDs to shine through the gauges... Otherwise its impossible to change the gauges color. Also, I sanded the yellow paint off the lenses on the LCD displays. For everything else in the car, I used a couple different types of LEDs. The whole dash is layered together and difficult to dismantle without specific instruction. It took me a week to complete. The gauges being the most time consuming... You REALLY have to take your time or you'll bust a stepper motor!

Old 10-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Neat you went all out. I wonder if there is an RGB option we could do for solder on style ones.
RGB everything would be extremely tedious as each LED has to be seperately wired to a controller for them all to work in synch. And then theres the issue of having the room to do it. Some of the spaces are so small you can barely fit the LED in there that goes there!

Old 10-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Coupe
Hrmm... it's really hard to tell from the shaky photos so I'll reserve judgement but now you've got me seriously considering adding it to my endgame plan for my G. Can you try to take some better photos, dim the lights a touch to reduce glare too, I want to see how it REALLY looks. The final modification on my long list of G things is to repaint the entire vehicle in Nissan midnight purple 3, one of the issues I figured would arise is how the interior orange lighting would clash and it never even crossed my mind to replace all the LED's with a more MP3 friendly color.

forgot to tag your measage with my reply but I replied. Also another thing that would look good foe your interior is some deep purple carbon fiber. Maybe even black and purple mixed carbon fiber.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:43 PM
Coupe
I'll post some more pictures of the process for those who are interested.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:01 PM
Coupe

As far as what LEDs I used...

For the Cluster, Clock, Seat heat switches, Key ring, and Cig lighter, I used some "maxgtrs" Pink T5 COB bulbs. Most I had to take out of the sockets and clip the legs shorter to retrofit in.

For the Shifter I used a segment of Pink 12V 5050 LED strip in there and soldered straight to the original wires.

For the Door/Window switches I used Pink .2w 2835 LEDs.

For the Climate controls I used Pink .2w 5730 LEDs

The window thats behind the clock, I couldmt change the LCD displays color and the plastic lense that they used wont allow any of the pink light through. I need to find someone that can mould a clear lense for me or figure something else out.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Coupe
For anyone that attempts this... DO NOT remove the gauge needles! Doing so without proper tools or knowledge will destroy the stepper motors and your gauges will not work! These stepper motors are very fragile and expensive to replace. This project takes special tools and a ton of experience.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:14 PM
Coupe

Let's see your G!

Old 10-20-2018, 05:26 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
There's a couple pics on my profile album, right now it's just a daily driver and won't get any cosmetic flashy stuff for a long while until it enters the retirement stage and get parked in the shop while it undergoes surgery (probably another 3-4 years or so). From that point on it will be a strictly fair weather weekend cruiser with a little bit of track fun.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:32 PM
Coupe
There's a couple pics on my profile album, right now it's just a daily driver and won't get any cosmetic flashy stuff for a long while until it enters the retirement stage and get parked in the shop while it undergoes surgery (probably another 3-4 years or so). From that point on it will be a strictly fair weather weekend cruiser with a little bit of track fun.
Gotcha haha. Well if you ever need help or a play by play let me know I can help. These cars can be a real PITA to mod.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:52 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Fortunately I'm no stranger to mods and electrical work is my wheelhouse but I'll definitely be looking up all the mountains of previous mods that were done when I dive into things like replacing LED's and such because I'll need to know things like which suppliers are the best to deal with, what brands have the best longevity, etc. Those sorts of little fine details aren't something I deal with regularly and the limited LED desolder/soldering I get to do is mostly just repairing broken kids toys and such.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Purple/Pink LED Interior