Notices

Clear corners with amber bulbs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Derzigster
The side markers do not flash so I am not sure of the point Gee Im Fast is trying to make.

GEE35X prooved the point I was making with his last few pictures. That is ok in CA since your signal IS Amber regardless of the reflector. And with the reflector being clear, it just means it won't be as potent as a yellow reflector.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i took my bulb out. I like it much better

Old 07-08-2005, 01:00 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Here ya go buddy

The day I got the car some 22 months ago... (car looks TOO stock LOL)

A more recent night shot (clear corner with amber bulb):

Old 07-08-2005, 01:03 PM
I used a LED 194A (for amber) in there. Nice and clean without being too bright or too dim. I tried using a white 194 in the clear corners on my GTP before and it looks to "milky" compared to everything else. Since the G's don't blink you don't have to worry about hyperflash either

Old 07-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Thats pretty darned bright! Why do you turn off your fog lights though? looks like you have a light out.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
If you get the JDM Clear Corners ($35), they come with amber bulbs. I replaced mine today, but opted to leave the original bulbs in for now since they match the clearance strips. I plan to replace the clears and the clearance strips with PIAA Extreme Whites....

Old 09-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
Here ya go buddy

The day I got the car some 22 months ago... (car looks TOO stock LOL)

A more recent night shot (clear corner with amber bulb):

Speed,

What bulb is that in your CC and where did you get it?

Old 09-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Derzigster is CORRECT. In California your sidemarkers must REFLECT amber. That means the lens MUST be amber to be legal. So a clear sidemarker with an amber bulb is still not legal.

That being said I have the clear corners with an amber bulb. When lit they look legal, when not they don't. The amber bulbs that came with the clear corners match the turn signal nicely. Also, when lit, the sidemarkers project a cool tiger stripe pattern on any nearby walls.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Derzigster is CORRECT. In California your sidemarkers must REFLECT amber. That means the lens MUST be amber to be legal. So a clear sidemarker with an amber bulb is still not legal.

Right on. THis is actually COUNTRY wide. It is DOT spec for USDM vechicles. So don't think you are being legal by using amber bulbs in clear corners. That being said I think the amber bulb supplied in the Nissan clear corner set is mediocre at best. Any "Drop in LED" is even worse (YES, even the Matrix led bulbs.). So do what I did. Make a set of custom LED arrays! Much brighter than any stock setup and it looks OEM.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Federal Lighting Equipment Location Requirements

A MPV is a car, SUV, van, or anything that isn't a motorcycle or commercial truck or bus. As has been said, even with an amber bulb, you still need an amber reflector for the front, red for the rear. This is so when the car is off and parked in the dark, people can see the front and rear corners reflect when their headlights shine on them. Regardless of bulb color, clear corners are always illegal because they don't have the amber reflector.

Old 09-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I use super bright amber LEDs with the clear corners. It's not to far off from the stock look.

I just think it looks better to use LED instead of the yellow ones that came with the clear corners.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:38 AM
what about these? has anyone tried getting these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...QQcmdZViewItem

u guys think it would look nice on a black car?

Old 09-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by aleok
what about these? has anyone tried getting these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...QQcmdZViewItem

u guys think it would look nice on a black car?
I wouldn't use them. They might look nice during the day but stick a regular bulb (Or worse an LED bulb) in there and you will hardly get any output. They have completely eliminated the reflector inside the light assembly.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
(Or worse an LED bulb) in there and you will hardly get any output. They have completely eliminated the reflector inside the light assembly.
Not true... well, the I have are super bright amber LEDs and at night it's really bright. I guess it's what people prefers to use.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
well i got the jdm (in the nissan box) clear corners and left in the amber bulbs it came with, but i'm not happy with them, they look much yellower at night than the amber circular bulbs on the inside bottom of the headlight housing (not quite sure the name for them). anybody know why? i dont have pics of it right now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear corners with amber bulbs.