Notices

Clear corners with amber bulbs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clear corners with amber bulbs.

For those with clear corners, I'm curious on how they look lit up with amber bulbs. I believe in my state (WA) you can have clears but must have the yellow bulb.

My question is, when you have your parking lights on, do the corners look funky? Right now the stocks produce a very clean and bright orange/yellow color just like the turn signal light in the front. I don't want them too far off from eachother but would like the clears when they are, in fact, turned off. If they do look strange, can anyone recommend a bulb that would produce the proper orange/yellow color through the clear corner lens?

Thanks.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I'd reccomend just leaving it with the stock clear bulb and clear corners. I tried the amber bulb in with the clear corners but it looks stupid IMO.. The stock clear corner bulb will match the clearance strip light, so it will look good. What you could even do, what I was thinking about, was taking out the bulb and just leaving the clear corners without light.

I think its extremely rare that any cop is even looking, let alone knows about the law that sidemarkers have to reflect amber.. If you get pulled over for having clear corners, let me know

Old 07-07-2005, 03:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I ran my Clears with the orange bulb and liked it. Kept it legal too.
My .02
C.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I agree with GSM. I run the clears with amber bulbs and at night it looks amber to me, and during the day they look clear, and no hassle with the law.
I will take a night shot late tonight if I can remember (I'm Over Fifty so I have been known to forget things).
Wayne

Last edited by GEE35FX; 07-08-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys.

Heeb, interesting option of leaving the bulb out. Intriguing.

Gsedanman and Gee35x, which bulb did you use? I'm concerned with turning my parking lights on and seeing a huge difference between the amber glow through the clears and the amber glow from the turn signal light in the front.

Thanks again guys.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will have a milky orange appearance when lit.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Lightbulb

What about aftermarket LED replacment bulbs, would they be brighter & cleaner?

For example: http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

I'm guessing here

Last edited by speedgeek; 07-07-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I kept the amber bulbs too.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
Gsedanman and Gee35x, which bulb did you use? I'm concerned with turning my parking lights on and seeing a huge difference between the amber glow through the clears and the amber glow from the turn signal light in the front.

Thanks again guys.
I used the amber bulb. It is a 194A bulb.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:57 PM
i'm in california, do i need to have the amber bulb on the clear corners to not get a ticket? or can i drive around with the white lights? please help...

Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by urnotrede
i'm in california, do i need to have the amber bulb on the clear corners to not get a ticket? or can i drive around with the white lights? please help...
California requires amber lights when signaling, so how ever you want to "conceal" that amber light, is up to you (i.e. clear corners w/ amber bulb)

Old 07-07-2005, 11:19 PM
The side markers do not flash so I am not sure of the point Gee Im Fast is trying to make. In CA the clearance lights are supposed to reflect red in the rear and amber in the front from the side with no lights on so technically the clear corners are illegal in CA.
With that said I have the clear corners (genuine Nissan) and they came with amber bulbs. I did put some PIAA super white LED's in them but they do not light up the whole light and just made a very bright circle in the middle of the light so I put the amber bulbs back in and used the LED's for the license plate lights (I already have the PIAA's in the unique front clearance light of the coupe and they look great there.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:27 AM
I said I might forget, but I remembered before going to bed so here is a night pic of the clears with the regular 194A amber bulb, and a pic I scraped up of the same clears during the day, excuse the dirty car . Like I said, I think they look good at night too (Fairly stock), the law won't nab you!!!
Wayne

Attached Thumbnails Clear corners with amber bulbs.-clears-night.jpg   Clear corners with amber bulbs.-clears-day.jpg  

Last edited by GEE35FX; 11-02-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:28 AM
like most of the people
clear with amber bulbs
i put in piaa extreme whites and didn't like the shade of white compared to the hids
left the amber ones in, keeps it legal and goes with the turn signal =)
now if i can get off my lazy *** and change the clearance bulbs

Old 07-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I am using the silver stealth bulb
Stealth Bulbs™ the ultimate bulbs for clear corners. These bulbs look SILVER but flash AMBER when lit making them the premiere choice for use in today's clear lenses. Stealth bulbs are silver coated and bright amber color illuminates when lit. Ideal for street use and professional show cars. Bulbs meet strict O.E.M. specification and they are completely legal.
LINKY
I found mine on ebay for about $20.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear corners with amber bulbs.