Notices

KNIGHT RIDER light / remote starter installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: KNIGHT RIDER light / remote starter installed!

Hello,
I've had my knighter rider light on order for over a month now and it just came in today. I remember seeing yours and got really anxious. I am not very adept with car electronics and such and was wondering how you did yours. I don't have the remote keyless ignition either. I order my light from kightlight.co.uk. the intructions they provide are for an old trans am and can already see i need to get some suggestions on installation. So if you can help i would greatly appreciate it. Don't worry either i live in indiana so you won't see mine and you can still be unique. Thanks

Old 08-05-2003, 07:11 PM

can you post a pic with the light on?

Old 08-05-2003, 07:14 PM

i don't have the light on yet. just need lots of help! afr0puff has it on his though

Old 08-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WIthout the remote start it should be pretty easy in theory, just a pain in the ***. Does it have a control unit? The wiring is cake walk to figure out. If you have a control unit, getting the wiring to the inside of the car is a major pain. Mine came with mounting brackets. I put mine behind the grill, not inside it. If you pop open the hood, look down behind the grill area. You will see a big metal beam. I screwed and mounted mine onto that. The wiring to the battery is pretty straight forward and should be in the instructions. To get the wires inside the car, just follow the trail of wires that leads to the fuse box. Since i was getting it with a remote starter, I didn't bother with that part and let the installers handle it. $40 bucks. That is what I recommend you do. Look for a "Strobe light" installer. They should do it without a problem for real cheap.

Old 08-06-2003, 04:19 AM

Thanks for your reply i greatly appreciate it. A lot! I do have the control which is just a switch . I think we might have the same one too. I do have one question though, when you say strobe light installer is that a spefic type of installer other than just alarm installers or audio installers? Thanks for your help again!

Old 08-06-2003, 09:06 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, it can be any installer, just someone that has experience with strobe lights. The install is pretty similar since some car strobe lights have control units as well.