Notices

foot illumination kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foot illumination kit

I had a 2004 TSX before I traded it in on my G35 Coupe. The only thing I miss about the TSX is the great interior which had, among other things, subtle mood lighting. Japanparts.com is selling two different interior lighting kits which are Nissan accessories in Japan. One just illuminates the floor with amber light. The other (more expensive) changes between 6 colors and has three seperate modes. Here is the description from Japanparts.com:

Mode1: Whenever pushing a switch button, a color changes in following order. Orange, Yellow, Purple, Red, Light Blue, Blue, Green, Yellow green. Mode2: It changes to various colors, changing brightness slowly. Purple, Red, Pale blue, Blue, Yellow, White. Model3: It changes to various colors at random, blinking like a flash.

Does anyone here have experience with either of these kits? I'm leaning towards the color changing one, but I don't know if mode 1 will allow me to set one color all the time or if the color will change when I push any button in the car. Perhaps I am reading the description incorrectly. I also imagine the color changes could be distracting if the lights are too bright.

Just looking for opinions and feedback on either kit.

Multiple colors:
http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic083...el/118-056.htm

Amber only:
http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic083...el/118-057.JPG

Old 09-23-2005, 02:06 PM
i like how in the first pic the lights are in front of her legs, but in the second pic, the lights are behind. looks shady to me. try oznium. good stuff.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Good call. I guess that is why the amber only light kit is called the under seat light kit. I didn't really notice it. I think it looks better to have the light coming from the front. I thought about doing a custom install, but having a kit made by Nissan would make it much easier to install.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:11 PM
oznium sells cold cathode kits (good ones) for about $20 more or less. but not the ones that change color. i haven't found a good deal on those. if you do, please share.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Honestly, the one that changes colors sounds kinda ricey.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Doesen't belong in a G. Sorry.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Honestly, the one that changes colors sounds kinda ricey.
could you please explain... you make it sound like if you get one color it's ok, but the one that changes colors is ricey? so if i buy the multi-colored one, and don't change the color, am i ok?

the reason i like multi-color products, is that i'm not too far long in a 'color scheme' that it's not too late to change my mind, and if i get multi-colored, i can change it later, if i feel like it.

Old 09-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by jasperg35
could you please explain... you make it sound like if you get one color it's ok, but the one that changes colors is ricey? so if i buy the multi-colored one, and don't change the color, am i ok?

the reason i like multi-color products, is that i'm not too far long in a 'color scheme' that it's not too late to change my mind, and if i get multi-colored, i can change it later, if i feel like it.
It sounded like when the floor lights are on they change colors, like a Christmas tree or something. If that's the case I think that's tacky. If they just have a color selector and you set it on say blue and they remain one solid color, that doesn't seem as bad. Does that make sense?

Old 09-24-2005, 08:07 PM
yup... and i agree. i don't dig the "christmas tree" effect either.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Just remember, with multiple colors the effect might not be as good.

The reason I say this is because unless the color you choose is a primary color [blue, red, yellow, etc.] it will look distorted. Say you want, Purple; it will use red and blue LEDs [or bulbs] you will see a mix of red and blue on the carpet and floor. Same if you wanted plan white, you'd see hints and tints of pink and green on the pedals and floor where one color overpowers the others or do not mix completely with each other. Thats the only reason I dont like multiple color LED kits.
Good point.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:20 AM
i disagree... i've got a multi-colored led kit under my car, and there is no apparent 'mixing' technology has really come a long way. i was also worried about the led 'spotting' that was visible with cheap kits that came out. but i took the plunge and went with streetglow, and the tubes light up real nice and even, and brighter than the neon counterparts that i used to run on my 180sx. check out the link in my sig and go to page two. if you'd like i'll even take pics of the light bars themselves while they different colors, and you'll see that you only see one color, even when you look directly at the tube.

when the dealer smashed my tubes, they still worked although i was down a few led clusters on each side. i turned them on, and couldn't even tell they were broken unless i got underneath my car.

i'm assuming that a decent interior lighting system would benefit from the same effect.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:45 AM
not feeling it !
but nice legs tho

Old 09-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jasperg35
i disagree... i've got a multi-colored led kit under my car, and there is no apparent 'mixing' technology has really come a long way. i was also worried about the led 'spotting' that was visible with cheap kits that came out. but i took the plunge and went with streetglow, and the tubes light up real nice and even, and brighter than the neon counterparts that i used to run on my 180sx. check out the link in my sig and go to page two. if you'd like i'll even take pics of the light bars themselves while they different colors, and you'll see that you only see one color, even when you look directly at the tube.

when the dealer smashed my tubes, they still worked although i was down a few led clusters on each side. i turned them on, and couldn't even tell they were broken unless i got underneath my car.

i'm assuming that a decent interior lighting system would benefit from the same effect.
interesting underglow you got there. whered you get them from?

Old 09-26-2005, 09:06 AM
local shop installed the streetglow kit. it uses cat v connectors, so it's real easy to add extra bars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: foot illumination kit