G35 Coupe Demon Eyes... interest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mhschief806
how much for the kit without your install?
Yea I am in the same boat. I'd much rather just install the rings and save everyone the headache of down time. I even have a guy that is willing to do mine for free just so he can prototype his kit on my 05 headlights but it is going to take him about 10 days and I do not have that kind of time heck even 2 days is too long.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Foo_G
Yea I am in the same boat. I'd much rather just install the rings and save everyone the headache of down time. I even have a guy that is willing to do mine for free just so he can prototype his kit on my 05 headlights but it is going to take him about 10 days and I do not have that kind of time heck even 2 days is too long.
Check Post #19 of this thread, which you can find here https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=19

Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Thanks.... Does he mean just a day to make a kit if he has a light assy? I am curious why the mold... I do not want to get into intellectual propety rights here but I have seen thes things and they just clip on.

I had a set on my Lincoln LS did the install myself so the only measurement I see that needs to be made is the diameter of the halo and the clips. Maye he needs the light to make a good set of clips.

The driver, aka inverters, can be bought for 15 to 20 bux the big problem Ihave is finding where the darned ringscome in from. I am sure it is an asian supplier and I have tried searching google till my eye bled bt I be damned if I can find who is manufacturing these bloody things.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Stealth
ok can we see some pictures of these on a g coupe? before we have to actually buy? i had these on my m3 before i sold it for a g coupe. and i want another set but just don't know how it'll look. 199 seems like a great price since back in the day these lights were going for 300 a set but somehow dropped to 125-179 a set.

are you also the guy that used to retrofit projectors clear and blackout headlights?

Old 11-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
if i can install them i am good to go - cant have a daily driver with no headlights! great work!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys,

Justin is out of the office until Nov 5th. I will try to install the kit and take pictures for you by next week, so those that are in denial can finally make a decision!

Thanks,
Jimmy
SoCal HookUpz

Old 11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
if i can install them i am good to go - cant have a daily driver with no headlights! great work!
Yes, you can install these yourself. Having us do the install is just an option if you do not want to do it on your own.

I did get word that the rings have been shipped and will arrive at the new shop in New Orleans tomorrow.

Like gee said, I am out of town right now but as soon as I get in pics will be posted by me and gee.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:43 AM
so these rings will have an independent switch to turn off/on, or must they be connected to the headlights or parking lights?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by CarFanatic56
so these rings will have an independent switch to turn off/on, or must they be connected to the headlights or parking lights?

Most convinient way is to tap into your side marker's wires. That way they can come on along with the parking lights (side markers, amber and clearance strip) or when all the headlights are on, they will be on too. However, you can intercept the power line AFTER the tap point (on the way to the halos) and run a wire from your firewall, and have a toggle switch inside your interior.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 PM
sounds like you know what to do. . want to help me install them =) . im from so cal

Old 11-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by mrjonang
sounds like you know what to do. . want to help me install them =) . im from so cal
Yep, he is going to be offering "Drive Through" installation service for you SoCal customers

Old 11-05-2005, 11:11 AM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by LCA575
Yep, he is going to be offering "Drive Through" installation service for you SoCal customers
Hey, Im from Vegas. It would be no problem for me to run down there to have them installed also..

How long do you expect the installation time to be?

When the lights are reassembled will they still be dust/air/water tight? I had a seal go bad on my Toyota and the light filled with condensation.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by vegasG35sedan
Hey, Im from Vegas. It would be no problem for me to run down there to have them installed also..

How long do you expect the installation time to be?

When the lights are reassembled will they still be dust/air/water tight? I had a seal go bad on my Toyota and the light filled with condensation.

I can apply an extra automotive silicon seal to guarantee against any leaks or condensation. For local people, they drop it off on a saturday and pick it up on Sunday late after noon. For you, I would have to work on it and it would probably take about 5+ hours. So if you know anyone you can hang out with in SoCal or even crash the night, that would help. Make a trip out of it...bring someone and get a hotel Visit the Sunset strip, Bev Hills, etc...Lots to do out here.

For all interested on having them installed, I will only start taking appointments for Saturdays when and ONLY when kits are in your hands. I can't reserve appointments before hand for the obvious reasons. I will only be doing these during the weekends because it's a bit time consuming for me to do with my business during the week.

For those who have already PMed me, I thank you very much and stay in touch!

Old 11-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Ok, here are the pics of the final version kits:
I will take better pics with a tripod but I just wanted to post these for now:

Old 11-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Is it the camera angle that makes it look like the unlit portion of the ring in the top 2 pics thats bigger than the ones in the bottom?

How big is the unlit portion of the ring and can I control where it appears Top, bottom, etc?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe Demon Eyes... interest?