Notices

G35 Coupe Demon Eyes... interest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So basically,

There's no point in having these when the xenons are on because you can't tell that the ring is there.
It would look really nice with the headlights off but that means I would have to use my parking lights all the time and just run with my parking lights on until I can't see at night anymore.
The BMWs you can still distinctly see the angel eyes even when the headlights are turned on...this isn't the case here.

Can I just get the clearance strip done without the demon eye rings?

Old 01-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sportcoupe35
So basically,

There's no point in having these when the xenons are on because you can't tell that the ring is there.
It would look really nice with the headlights off but that means I would have to use my parking lights all the time and just run with my parking lights on until I can't see at night anymore.
The BMWs you can still distinctly see the angel eyes even when the headlights are turned on...this isn't the case here.

Can I just get the clearance strip done without the demon eye rings?
No, you can 110% see both of the rings distinctly with the headlights on. This kit so far surpasses the BMW Angel Eyes they shouldnt even be compared. The BMWs use fiber optics which is a dull yellowish color and is hard to even see in direct sunlight. The ORACLE CCFL rings have 45000mcd brightness about 10 times more intense than the BMW rings.

Whats wrong with switching them on via the parking light switch? If you would rather them on all the time you can just wire them to a 12v acc lead from the underhood fuse box. I like the option to switch them on and off conviently from the OEM switch.

But to answer your question, yes you can just install the CCFL Clearence Strips without the Demon Eyes.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Or get hids in the lower grills so u dont need to turn on the upper lights and leave the parking lights on. like this

Old 01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I just don't think it would be wise to run the lights all the time...wouldn't they go out so much quicker.
The only pictures I've seen of a coupe with these demon eyes and the headlights on....you couldn't see the distinctiveness.
Anyone have better photos to show otherwise?

I wasn't questioning the quality of these...just comparing the clarity of the BMW angel eyes when the headlights are actually on versus the clarity of these demon when the hids are on...because from the picture I saw...it wasn't as clear.

Can you show a close up picture of a G coupe with the headlights on and the demon eyes on?

Here is a BMW with the angel eyes and xenons on...GRANTED...the earlier Gs don't have the projectors so it wouldn't be as clear...but still...can you provide a close up picture of the demon eyes with the HIDs (not the projectors from new models) so that I can see the clarity of the demon eyes while the headlights are on?

Could I attach a separate switch all together for the demon eye kit and use that to turn it off and on and leave the headlight system working as normal?

Old 01-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Sportcoupe35
I just don't think it would be wise to run the lights all the time...wouldn't they go out so much quicker.
The only pictures I've seen of a coupe with these demon eyes and the headlights on....you couldn't see the distinctiveness.
Anyone have better photos to show otherwise?

I wasn't questioning the quality of these...just comparing the clarity of the BMW angel eyes when the headlights are actually on versus the clarity of these demon when the hids are on...because from the picture I saw...it wasn't as clear.

Can you show a close up picture of a G coupe with the headlights on and the demon eyes on?

Here is a BMW with the angel eyes and xenons on...GRANTED...the earlier Gs don't have the projectors so it wouldn't be as clear...but still...can you provide a close up picture of the demon eyes with the HIDs (not the projectors from new models) so that I can see the clarity of the demon eyes while the headlights are on?

Could I attach a separate switch all together for the demon eye kit and use that to turn it off and on and leave the headlight system working as normal?
Well the Halos are good for 50,000 hours of continuous use so dont worry about burning them out.

You can of course wire these up to a seperate switch if you wanted to.

I don't have any pics of them with the lights on but I have seen them on with the HIDs and it looks really good.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Hmm...I'm going to have to wait and see what these look like up close with the HIDs on.
I'm sure someone that has installed it will be willing to take some close ups.
The only pictures I've seen of these with the Xenons are from someone that did a projector retrofit and 6000k.
I'm looking for a non projector retrofitted coupe...to show the 4500k demon eyes and the OEM HIDs up close.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I find it interesting that AAC's phone number seems to lead to a fax machine, and Justin's PM inbox is full. I've e-mailed the provided e-mail address for a refund for my demon eyes (which have not been shipped), however given the number of threads containing disatisfied buyers and the lack of response from Justin I will not be surprised if I'm forced to dispute the charge with Paypal and my credit card.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah LCA....what's up with you not pleasing customers??? don't have all these people send you headlights if you don't know what you are doing. what is going on?

Old 01-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
I find it interesting that AAC's phone number seems to lead to a fax machine, and Justin's PM inbox is full. I've e-mailed the provided e-mail address for a refund for my demon eyes (which have not been shipped), however given the number of threads containing disatisfied buyers and the lack of response from Justin I will not be surprised if I'm forced to dispute the charge with Paypal and my credit card.
Box cleared, refund processed.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
To Justin's credit my paypal request for funds was honored. It is nice to see refunds being given. It's a shame this whole demon eyes thing has gone downhill since it began. It seemed like a great mod/concept, but the execution doesn't seem to be going as planned. Cheers.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by LCA575
Box cleared, refund processed.
Why are you ignoring the people with problems? Maybe its time to ban this guy?

Old 01-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Why are you ignoring the people with problems? Maybe its time to ban this guy?
Who is PEOPLE? What? Because I refuse to post on one thread because it turned into a witch hunt? It is useless nobody is going to listen to my side because the thread was so escalated before I even noticed it. I am not IGNORING anyone, I am in contact with the person who is involved, that is all that matters. I would rather work out the issues with the customer than post and get flamed which is completely counterproductive to reaching a resolution with the one person involved.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by LCA575
Who is PEOPLE? What? Because I refuse to post on one thread because it turned into a witch hunt? It is useless nobody is going to listen to my side because the thread was so escalated before I even noticed it. I am not IGNORING anyone, I am in contact with the person who is involved, that is all that matters. I would rather work out the issues with the customer than post and get flamed which is completely counterproductive to reaching a resolution with the one person involved.
i agree..... let's not jump to conclusion, afterall, it's not us or me who is having problems.... things happen and i think what's most important is how it is resolved. can't please everyone all the time........... give the man some space before we all jump on the "let's whoop his a$$ wagon".....everyone deserve a chance.......reemember... we were all very excited when these demon eyes were purpose.... look at the list and the number of post so far..... LCA575 has provided us an opportunity or an alternative to making our cars better/worse whichever way you look at it... but a service WE wanted non the less.........again....let's stand down....unless these issues will not be resolve......

Old 01-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
well, if he does resolve this issue.. i will say it but it looks like i will not get a refund after all.. after 1k+ spent on the retrofit job....

What da.....

sigh

Ed Lin

Old 01-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Me and Ed were alot closer to resolving this before everyone started to go up in arms over it. Now its snowballed into a huge issue.

Ed, I would really like to talk without my every response being broadcasted over the forums. I don't think this is a unreasonable request. I wish we could have worked this out another way before it came to this and I WANT to work this out still.

I have been honest and available to you every request since this transaction started. I feel that you misrepresented me in your post to get everyone behind you then threw it in my face once you had the forums in an uproar. I don't like the way you went about this and I don't understand at what point I became the bad guy here. We were going to work this out and you dragged my name through the dirt in the meanwhile.

Hit me up in an email, you can even call me so we can just finish this thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe Demon Eyes... interest?