Notices

Disconnecting the fog light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I figured it out...
When I bought my car, it went in to get certified by the safety baord since it was purchased from the States...It is likely then that the lighting specifications were changed from their original US settings (that do not have daytime runners wired to function) to the Canadian wiring that includes daytime runners; with my FOGS fulfilling this function...(which sucks I might add with OEM bulbs... which I do not find very aesthetically appealing) so I guess I have two alternatives:
1) get someone to re-wire it to its original US configuration (or one that at least returns functionality to my fog light switch on the signal arm) OR;
2) replace the fog bulbs so that they dont look horrible...
I think I might just go with option 2).

On that note (after researching extensively on this website)...
I am thinking of using the PIAA Xtreme Whites @ 4300K. I want something that is relatively close in colour to the HID's and most people have gone this route. Although others have criticized PIAA for burning out too quickly (however that may have been the result of improper installation or touching the film of the bulb...)

If you guys have any suggestions or advice on a better alternative before I go out and buy them, your comments are welcomed? WHat Fog Bulbs have worked for you guys and what is the make and model that you would recommend I check out?

Thanks!
JD

Old 11-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Prophecy
On that note (after researching extensively on this website)...
I am thinking of using the PIAA Xtreme Whites @ 4300K. I want something that is relatively close in colour to the HID's and most people have gone this route. Although others have criticized PIAA for burning out too quickly (however that may have been the result of improper installation or touching the film of the bulb...)

If you guys have any suggestions or advice on a better alternative before I go out and buy them, your comments are welcomed? WHat Fog Bulbs have worked for you guys and what is the make and model that you would recommend I check out?

Thanks!
JD
I just bought whatever off-the-shelf superwhites I could find. I've used Euro-Lites, Sylvania Cool Blue, etc. They all work fine, and seem to last long enough. And even if they burn out (which they haven't), they cost <$20.

I think a lot of people that burn through PIAAs, also get the 85w ones, which run real hot. (Not to mention not good for the stock wiring)