Notices

check these lights out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helldorado
I spent about $2500 on the headlamps between new '05 assemblies and the modification. I still have my original headlamps, but I keep those as spares in case there is every an accident or failure with my modified ones, so I'm not left without headlights. I'm going to do the same with the tails as well.
Wow, 2500 for just converting your clearance strips to LED. That is pretty pricey. I actually did an LED clearance strip conversion as well. However, I just didn't like the "hot spot" LED look it gave out so I scrubbed it for CCFL.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looks hott, but like everyone else said....its 2 expensive!

Old 12-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Thats cool, I like it when everybody does their own thing, but why not get the '06 lamps which already have projectors and no clearance strip than go through the hassle of doing it that way? Or are you doing it just so you can get the TSX projectors? I don't really think they're really that much better than whats on the '06 to justify the hassle, and even if you're going to paint the shroud, still probably quicker and easier to do it to an '06 instead of a modded '03-'05. The one thing I think the '06 lamps have an advantage over a modded '05 on, (aside from the bi-xenon HID) is that the shape of the enclosure around the projector is a bit longer and angled downward so you don't get any kind of glare from the light bouncing off the bottom of the low beam bezel. Some people have had issues if the projector isn't far enough forward, which can look like ***, as the light bounces off the inside of the bezel when you try to aim it properly.
do me a favor .....have an 06 g35 drive behind you and a tsx tell me which lights look the craziest and has the best cutoff and flicker.

Last edited by ratedxmarcel; 12-14-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by ratedxmarcel
do me a favor .....have an 06 g35 drive behind you and a tsx tell me which lights look the craziest and has the best cutoff and flicker.
Try a retroed G35 with TSX projector+Color mod. To be fair though I am sure the '06 lights would be pretty easy to mod. Someone needs to volunteer to have theirs opened.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I probably will here in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:44 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
If you want crazy flicker I think S2000, TSX modded, LS430 with clear lenses, and TLs with color mod/clear lenses are the way to go.

I got my clear lenses for the TLs, but I need to do some extensive modification to make everything work, because the lens won't fit into the TL's lens holder. But I've come up with a way to do it. The cutoff is even sharper than my TSX's with custom shields now, and those were already crazy sharp. The lenses are clearer than the TSX ones. Of course this is setting me back probably another 2-4 weeks worth of work to get everything done.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:59 PM
which lenses did you go with...does anyone know what clear lenses will fit on the 06 headlights?

Old 12-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Wow, 2500 for just converting your clearance strips to LED. That is pretty pricey. I actually did an LED clearance strip conversion as well. However, I just didn't like the "hot spot" LED look it gave out so I scrubbed it for CCFL.
I don't have any hot spot issues, the whole light strip is evenly and fully lit up so I've been very happy with the results. I think part of it, is the LEDs are a lined up with the diffuser blocks in the plastic strip and its a pretty tight packing of lights. I can picture what you're talking about with hot spots using a LED strip and understand why you weren't happy with it.

But the mod wasn't just a LED clearance light, it was also a color-matched bezel, replaced the turn signal amber plastic with clear, amber LED turn signal and did the wiring hookup so that the turn signals only come on when the turn signal is hit. They don't turn on with the parking lamps now. If it wasn't for the cost of a brand new set of headlights, it would've been about $950 which is pretty fair because the work is extremely clean.

Having Mike do the work is best for me. My work schedule is pretty crazy and I travel non-stop. If I didn't work as much, I'd have more free time and less cash, so I'd definitely be trying some of this stuff out myself. But I work a lot, have the cash in hand and I'd rather spend the time enjoying the car then trying to rush mod jobs on my weekends. But thats me and how I have to go about business to mod my car. It might cost me more, but I'm happy with it and its within my budget so thats all that really matters to me. I wouldn't encourage anybody to spend the money if they couldn't afford it, going into debt over modding is just bad news!

Oh, and I've seen TSX projecters on the TSX. My buddy has one. They're OK, and I've seen the '06 projectors, they're not so bad either. So I'm going to go with '06 lamps for myself only because I don't care much for excessive flicker or having too many illegal items on my car. There's a couple special things Mike and I are working on for them, then we can hear about how expensive that is too, blah blah blah...

Old 12-18-2005, 09:48 PM
what lights are you using for your clear corners? and where can I get them?

Old 12-19-2005, 03:10 AM
I got my headlights done in the summer, I am very happy with them. I would recommend clearcorners.com to anyone. Mike stands by his work. Just waiting for the tax return so I can get the tails!!!

Here are some shots of mine. Mine are painted black, with yellow star H4’s for the fogs.
To me, it’s worth the money. The LED clearance strip is a real eye catcher. Everyone tells me they look like diamonds. Plus the Led, super-freaking bright, Orange turn signals, AWESOME! The best thing to do is when your driving early in the morning and the sun isn’t out fully, but its still kind of dark, is to ride with just the clearance strips on.

Yellow Star H4 Fogs

Led Turns

Stealth Mode!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:22 PM
^ I Dont like it... but if you do thats all that matters.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, your setup looks AMAZING, i would never spend that much to do the same though, 5k+ on lighting mods isn't worth it IMO, but don't get me wrong those look badass. post pictures of the taillights when you get them!

Old 01-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Holy bananas Thats alot of money.....

Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey, guys sorry I don't check this forum often as I should. The Clearance Strip, for those who PMed me, are LED's. I believe they are wide angle leds, but clearcorners.com did them.

-cheers

Old 02-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Talking

By NHTSA guidelines, they're illegal and run a huge liability for clearcorners.com as a business if they were provided as a product. Because the '06 lamps are factory projectors, there is no liability in doing conversions like painting the shroud or LED auxilliary lighting, but you can't modify the HID lighting source and keep it legal.
Actually just until recently, SEMA had some agreement with NHTSA and now as long as the light output is the same as DOT requirements, then alternation or etc to the headlight is fine. As long as the light is as bright as required, and with the required beam pattern then it's legal. So retrofits on headlights are legal as long as it's built to the same standard.

Larry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: check these lights out