Notices

LittoDeviL's 2006 G35 Coupe Headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 05:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking LittoDeviL's 2006 G35 Coupe Headlights

Hey guys.. so hmm... lets see.. the 2006 comes with projectors right? er... for the more lighting euthusist... it's more like crappy lighting output... but hey look at this 2006 coupe headlight!!! I'll post up more pics along the way.. but here you guys can enjoy this for now

Is this a special edition factory headlight?... hehe..

Best Regards,
Larry

Old 04-05-2006, 05:20 AM
hey larry....
for all of us who r not light enthusiast like u... can u elaborate on your pics? i know u do great work but i have no idea how to appreciate you pics....

Old 04-05-2006, 05:26 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by luongdmd
hey larry....
for all of us who r not light enthusiast like u... can u elaborate on your pics? i know u do great work but i have no idea how to appreciate you pics....
Sure, if you havn't seen what a normal g35 2006 coupe headlight looks like, or the beam output. it looks like this...

A lot of people love the sharper cut off line like a S2000, TSX, etc and the thick color band on the cut off line which gives other drivers the view of that.. "bluish purplish" look from the headlights.

Compared that stock pic to the ones above and you can see some difference.

Also the turn signal might not be as obvious but it's a led turn signal... and that fog light area isn't lit up by the fog light bulb nor that little city light bulb. I'm going to let others figure that one out

Best Regards,
Larry

Old 04-05-2006, 09:41 AM
LittoDevil is pretty infamous over on hidplanet.

I've always liked your work. So what did you do on this one? Lens swap? Shield bending? Washer extension? The projector looks like they fit too well to be anything else but stock projectors.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
TSX with washer mods? Nice!

Old 04-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
hahaha nice. nice...

knew u were gonna do something to the coupes...

how aobut us sedans?? anyone doing a cool retrofit???

Ed lin

Old 04-05-2006, 01:54 PM
subscribing just to see what you did. i want that same effect on my 06 350z if possible.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cooool ive been waiting for a better 06 headlight!

Old 04-05-2006, 02:43 PM
I think I know.

It's the stock projector with a clear lens swap and the front of the double shield cut off. I didn't know that our projectors had this "double" shield.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
so.... how can we do this ourselves? someone should definitely write up a tutorial or something.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
deviljon - I've been wanting to work on a brand new 350z I am almost certain that it is possible I just need a pair of headlights to play with however i'm leaving for my first vacation ever this weekend for about 4 days. Ah i've been working non stop for the paste year or so.. every weekend is work.. even winter break was work.. ahh... need to clear my mind up before i go insane so when i'm back i'll be a lot more fresher and.. more alive... lol

Ed Lin, i got a surprise for you i'll be posting up the progress of YOUR sedan headlights before I leave.... long story short? I brought back your M45 projectors from the DEAD.... lol jb welded bulbs into the projector? Ha.. i salvaged all your bulbs in one piece and saved the projectors too.. not just that I reengineered the rear of the M45 projector so you can now the bulbs can be attached and removed =P it's not as easy but it works and saved you from buying a brand new projector... but yea just hold on tight on tha tone

Espresso - heh not a tsx... good guess though

badtziscool - ah another fellow member that knows me from hidplanet hehe i feel so at home already here heh heh... they are stock projecftors however extensively reworked to output very similar to the s2k just more color as you can tell A lense swap? Yes.. defiently.. but not the same lense size at all, one that's similar to the S2k.

P.S. I didn't cut off the second shield, if you do that, you'll messed up the whole beam pattern.. the double shield acts just like ar egular shield except a regular shield has "thickness" and the double shield on the g35 projector is basically that, except without the middle "meat". A lot of machining and etc were done to create what I did. First.. if you even want to attempt this.... try getting the lense off first, it's semi permeantly pressed on. Have fun

Best Regards,
Larry

Old 04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
seriously though that cutoff line looks awesome. you gotta do that **** for my headlights...

Old 04-05-2006, 03:21 PM
ah awesome work! 06s with some color and sharp cutoff. Larry does top notch work!

Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Here's some machining work done on the projector... removing the foreground limitor accurately and cleanly

And here i'm taking some measurement of the stock projector edge to calculate for the new lenses and etc.

Dum di dum.. lets fast forward to the crazy 15 watt led turn signal... start of construction requires me to bore out a hole for the heat sink and led assembley... nice hole huh? hehe

Best Regards,
Larry

Last edited by LittoDeviL; 04-05-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:12 PM
damn..... way to techincal for me.... the pics look great, i have no idea what i am looking at but great pics larry......... *Sigh*
why can't everything be as easy as teeth?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LittoDeviL's 2006 G35 Coupe Headlights