airbag llight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G35 6MT Coupe
Yea, this is old, I'm resurrecting it. My airbag light continues to do this even after being reset. The error code I get is 3sec on 2sec off (repeat), which from what I can tell means everything is AOK (or go to DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES 2 and 3... I dont have those). I read somewhere online that it could do with low battery voltage. Anyone else ever run into this problem? I'd hate to pay infiniti $100-$2000's to diagnose/fix something that isnt broken.

(I have a 2006 6MT Coupe with ~44k mi).

Old 04-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
My mechanic, who works at a Nissan dealership, told me that I can take my car to Infiniti and they will fix it by replacing the airbag sensor or something like that. Said it would be free because it was a recall item but I dont know for sure. Once I have some free time I will go to Infiniti and ask them about it.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by bchalks
My mechanic, who works at a Nissan dealership, told me that I can take my car to Infiniti and they will fix it by replacing the airbag sensor or something like that. Said it would be free because it was a recall item but I dont know for sure. Once I have some free time I will go to Infiniti and ask them about it.

The recall replaces a wiring harness under the passenger seat. It doesn't address any sensors.

If there is an issue with the clockspring in the steering column for example, the recall will not address this and the dealer won't fix it for free either.

Resetting the airbag light won't make it go away either.

If you haven't gotten the recall done, go have it done, but it is possible the airbag light is something different

Old 04-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G35 6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
The recall replaces a wiring harness under the passenger seat. It doesn't address any sensors.

If there is an issue with the clockspring in the steering column for example, the recall will not address this and the dealer won't fix it for free either.

If you haven't gotten the recall done, go have it done, but it is possible the airbag light is something different
When it first came on, I called and asked about the recall. I gave them my VIN and they said my car wasnt affected and didnt need the recall.

As an update, I read somewhere that it could be a dirty sensor near the differential (sounded weird to me) but it did start coming on when it snowed. The TC system was preventing me from spinning the tires (needed to do it to get out of the spot), so I turned off the VDC and spun the tires for a bit, kicking up lots of dirty snow. The light came on soon after that. Sometimes when I'd reset it, it would stay off for a few days, other times it could come on within a day.

More recently it rained and I drove through some puddles to see if that would "clean" the sensor. It seemed to work and the light stayed off for 3 days. Then yesterday, it just came back on.

To be honest, it could also just be a loose connection that gets jarred at some point, although bumps arent what sets it off from what I can tell. There are a few connection points, but I havent felt like taking my car apart to get to them. How would a dealership handle that? replace a module ($$$) or just fix the connection? I dont know which dealerships to trust with something that can cost $$$

Old 04-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the reset thing on the first page and it worked so far! I tried turning the key on and off 3 times first and that didn't work then I did it five times as someone suggested and it stopped blinking. So hopefully it stays that way. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

does the recall only cover cars under a certain # of miles?? i have yet to get it checked as my light has refused to turn off as well

Old 04-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I went in a couple months ago, the light turned on randomly, i tried to reset my self (didnt work), and i tried to look up the code and nothing would pop up threw the computer, so i reset it by computer anways still but it came back on a couple days later, i did the recall, it was totally free plus they check out anything else like belts fluids and tire tread exc., it took me about 2 hours, i have an 03 g35 coupe automatic, i went to infiniti dealership, problem is light turn on again so imma try to turn it off my self again, heard a story where one guy got it fixed but they didnt plug it in all the way so it loosened and the light popped up and he payed mad $$ to get if fixed, just check if everythig is plugged in well first!, oh and doesnt matter how many miles or nothing, if ur car qualifies for recal they will do it mandatory

Edit: tried diy fix, worked hopefully it stays off now

Last edited by Jeffreybonilla5; 04-09-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also tried the reset airbag procedure worked for a couple of days but it always came back on flashing.
The recall is legit. I brought my car into the Infiniti dealer today and they said good news its all covered for free

-04 g35x sedan

Old 05-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Fixed my airbag light completly now, infiniti said there's a 1 year warranty of that air bag recall, well they fixed it said it was loose wired, spent 5 hours though busy day -_-, well atleast they fix one of the chair buttons that wasnt working since when i bought it haha always nice to get a surprise thats good lmao, totally free again lol

Old 05-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Banned
you just roll in and they fixed it? what did you tell them? did you have to force them to do it?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Well i had a recall that i went in for 4 months ago, they fixed it but the light came back on 2 weeks ago, so i called made an appointment and i went in, they check to see if it has to do something with the recall if it does then they fix it for free, there a 1 year warranty on the recall, they fixed my chair button too unknown to them haha, well if it had nothing to do with the recall they would tell u the problem and cost, thank god it was there fault though for not putting the wires in tight the first time!

Last edited by Jeffreybonilla5; 05-15-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Banned
You completely lost me but well done at putting that all in one sentence. Damn.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Lmfaooo, imma shorten this up, i went in a while ago bc of a recall, they said they fixed but they didnt, the wires were loose so the light would turn on, i went back, told them the problem, they told me if it has to do somethibg with the work they did before then its all free, it turns out it was all free bc it was there fault, recall has one year warranty on it