Installed Crawford V5 Plenum & Nismo CAI today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doesn't the ecu automatically learn/adapt?

Old 11-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gcoupe_toronto
doesn't the ecu automatically learn/adapt?

YEs it does,But the key is to do a reset when you put performance mods.The ECU will then adapt with the mods.Kinda of like now it senses that you have them.Somtimes it helps ....somtimes it doesnt do much of anything

Old 11-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
then how about getting a U-Tech. but I would wait until your are done with your N/A mods.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by DRG35R
then how about getting a U-Tech. but I would wait until your are done with your N/A mods.
Well a U-TEch is alot better for forced induction cars.I dont plan on going with taht for a long time.The Cobb Accesport is very good for N/A cars....not only that ,but say if you have a problem with your motor and what not and you have a warranty....You can just return to stock setting any disconnect it within 5 minutes.I may just do some exuast work and some minor other things to my car.So i dont plan on gaining all that much Hp from where I'm at now

Old 11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
had a U-Tech installed and tuned after all of my N/A mods. best mod done on my car by far. it may be "better" with an FI set up, but your N/A car will never realize its modded power gains with out it. not familiar with the Cobb, but U-Tech is plug and play and car can easily be returned to stock. I do not know much about "tuning" a car...let the pros handle that, I'll do the bolt ons, but this system was highly recommended for my N/A setup. all I can say is 260 RWHP, 240 TQ!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
had a U-Tech installed and tuned after all of my N/A mods. best mod done on my car by far. it may be "better" with an FI set up, but your N/A car will never realize its modded power gains with out it. not familiar with the Cobb, but U-Tech is plug and play and car can easily be returned to stock. I do not know much about "tuning" a car...let the pros handle that, I'll do the bolt ons, but this system was highly recommended for my N/A setup. all I can say is 260 RWHP, 240 TQ!
Yea theres a few different tuners out there now for our cars. i have a technosquare re-flash already,like i said earlier ,but after i year either i got used to it or the car adapted to many times and went back to more stock settings.when im ready i'll look into it.the Cobb btw is said you tune so well that you get even better numbers then 260hp

Old 11-13-2008, 03:55 PM
the numbers for HP and TQ depend heavily on the mods you have done to the car, not just the tuning device. do not expect these numbers from a stock motor. what is Cobb basing that statement on? makes no sense unless they are saying you can acheive these numbers with certain specific mods being done to the car.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
the numbers for HP and TQ depend heavily on the mods you have done to the car, not just the tuning device. do not expect these numbers from a stock motor. what is Cobb basing that statement on? makes no sense unless they are saying you can acheive these numbers with certain specific mods being done to the car.
No they dont state thats it for a stock set up...basically inatke ,exuast ,plenum set-up.With there stage 2 tune...Program comes with a stage one which is used with less modified set-up...basically i was saying they get better numbers with the mods the guy stated he had and the stage 2 set-up and ofcourse the preset stages can be tweaked and modifiled to change AFR from there as well.I dont own one ....so which one is better i cant say..I'll do more research when I'm ready to get a tuning tool