My 360 Forged Personal Experience and Photoshoot Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 360 Forged Personal Experience and Photoshoot Thread

Figured I would jump on the "360 Forged" bandwagon and make a thread for my personal experience with 360. I am located out of Michigan, and am not affliated or being paid for this thread.

Since we got that out of the way, on with the thread.

On 04/28/2009 , I contacted Jon "Forged DIST" in regards to a set of wheels for the G37s through a sponsorship. After a few emails back and forth Jon agreed to it and we went ahead and placed the order in.

Wheel set-up was the following:

360 Forged Straight 5ive
20X9.0f
20X10.5r
Gloss black lips/inner barrel and Matte black face

Dispite all of the negative "360 Forged" threads, I went ahead, bit the bullet and placed a deposit on May 8, 2009 . Jon promised me a turn around time of 4-6 weeks and a promise date of 06/15/09. I knew the process of creating a wheel so the promise date was not bad at all, actually it would have been perfect since I had a car show to attend that weekend. Fresh wheels, fresh look. I was excited. I would touch base with Jon and he would as well, almost on a daily basis. If I ever needed anything (invoice) it would in my inbox within 24 hours. Also Jon called me a few times and left voicemails with constant updates on the wheels, which I very much appreciated. Again this was almost on a daily basis.

On May 19th, Jon called me and told me that wheels are out of machining and they would be ready in the next couple of days. I got even more excited. Mind you, the wheels were promised for 06/15/09 . Move ahead a few days, I basically get calls from Jon and Jordan telling me that my wheels would be ready by Thursday, May 28th.

On Tuesday of that week I began to search for difference shipping companies to overnight the wheels for a impromptu car show that I entered ( DUB show Detroit). FedEx quoted me $700, UPS $600 , USPS $580, ridiculous, I know, and I was willing to pay for it. I went ahead and called Forged DIST back and was advised by the receptionist that they have a less expensive way of shipping out the wheels over night. Sure as **** they deal with a company (DB Schnker - which I recommend) that would deliver the wheels to my door the next day for under $230 dollars, YES $230 OVER NIGHT, I agreed. I recieved the tracking number and began to count the hours. The shipping tracking site was awesome, it would update almost hourly.

Friday , May 29th comes around, I get a call from DB at 9:45am and they had given me a time frame of when the packages would arrive. Very nice people, and a very professional company. The driver got around here at 2:30, as promised and I signed away.

Cliff notes so far.

Order May 8, 2009
Recieved May 29, 2009
Three weeks to make and build

Ratings:

Customer Service = 10/10
Wheel quality = 10/10
Wheel finish = 10/10
Overall Experience with Forged DIST / 360 Forged = 10/10

I highly recommend Forged Dist / 360 Forged to any new customer, they are top notch and dispite what happened in the past they are fixing it all to make right.

Thanks to:

Jon, Jordan, ALL of the receptionist (sorry don't know your names), 360 Forged, Forged DIST, DB Schnker <--- Everyone needs to use this company, Grant (TegyAuto) from Xceedspeed.com for the photoshoot, my local discount tire they are amazing (Ford Rd in Canton ask for Chad).

Here are some pictures of when I received them:

All rivits are brand new, no "rust", fresh paint smell, packed nicely.

http://www.grantzphoto.com/

The bottom few pics were shot at the MCS building in Detroit (old train station)

Originally Posted by TegyAuto

Thanks for looking!
Originally Posted by theYlwPwrWrks

Old 06-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Well good for you. Enjoy your wheelz sir. That's only ONE + for them, still have too much neg.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
WoW~!!! awesome pics.. car looks great as well!!
Your rims compliment the car perfectly IMO.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by HipHopPro
Well good for you. Enjoy your wheelz sir. That's only ONE + for them, still have too much neg.
Thanks for the comment. The company does have a few negatives , but what company doesn't. All I know is that they are making everything right, and are fufilling old and new orders.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pfizzle
Thanks for the comment. The company does have a few negatives , but what company doesn't. All I know is that they are making everything right, and are fufilling old and new orders.
the question is, why are they filling new orders before fulfilling old orders

Old 06-01-2009, 01:46 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
+1

Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Very nice wheels

Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Why not? This is what I am assuming, and it sounds logical.

New management needs new money, therefore keeping the business alive and taking in new orders. They can't just close their doors because of poor management. This is how business goes. What they did was take what was wrong and make it right. Take in new orders, fufill old orders and being the cycle but this time making everything right. Again I do not work for them, so I could be wrong. If you guys follow the 6speed forums, they have a thread dedicated for old order updates with pictures.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Why not? This is what I am assuming, and it sounds logical.

New management needs new money, therefore keeping the business alive and taking in new orders. They can't just close their doors because of poor management. This is how business goes. What they did was take what was wrong and make it right. Take in new orders, fufill old orders and being the cycle but this time making everything right. Again I do not work for them, so I could be wrong. If you guys follow the 6speed forums, they have a thread dedicated for old order updates with pictures.
So basically their philosophy is once they get your money, screw you. You don't think the guys who paid 6 months ago deserve their wheels first? What kind of f'ed up logic is that?

Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
rims look good. i wish the G37 could handle a more aggressive offset

Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Where are these wheels made?

Old 06-01-2009, 02:25 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
nice wheels

Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
So basically their philosophy is once they get your money, screw you. You don't think the guys who paid 6 months ago deserve their wheels first? What kind of f'ed up logic is that?
Why is it so hard to grasp that logic?

A = Didn't manage their money correctly.
A = Is now overwhelmed , with order, and possibe financial struggles.
B = Takes over A with new help, and finances.
B = Continues business as normal and fufills old and new orders.

Is that understandable?

You could close your doors, and deal with lawsuits. But who would want that? Why not make something right before its to late. The folks at Forged Dist have beautiful wheels and are worth every penny. Hopefully the way my order was handled would be the same way with everyonelses.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that understandable?

You could close your doors, and deal with lawsuits. But who would want that? Why not make something right before its to late. The folks at Forged Dist have beautiful wheels and are worth every penny. Hopefully the way my order was handled would be the same way with everyonelses.

You have to be kidding me...read your last sentence. THAT precisely is what they ARE NOT doing for everyone, especially EXISTING PAID customers.

I'm glad you had a great experience with them, and no doubt your wheels look great BUT that's just it, YOU, a NEW customer was taken care of promptly.
OLD customers who have PAID, and waited, and waited, and waited, are being lied to and waiting more and being given the run around...while they take NEW customers orders, like yourself and fulfill them.

If you don't see how that is an absolutely horrid business policy then I don't know what to tell you. No kidding you are happy, you didn't deal with any of their BS. Now consider it from the perspective of someone who placed their order in November of 2008 and are still waiting and looking at stories of BRAND NEW customers receiving their wheels after a few weeks. Or customers who were promised a wheel at a date for a specific event and then hung out to dry when the date passed with no discount or any sort of apology...just the usual run around of another later date.

FORGED HAS THEIR MONEY ALREADY. They have violated contracts and "promised" dates to their existing customers and continue to do so...but have no problem taking care of new ones. Put yourself in someone elses shoes, think for a moment about what you are saying...

Currently unresolved example of this...https://g35driver.com/forums/4236510-post71.html
Long running thread with NO response from Forged despite them being in the Active Viewing List many times...they have time to promote and etc but no time to acknowledge a customer?

A million pretty pictures is never substitute for proper service and ethics.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 06-01-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM

Is that understandable?

Wow.... If you actually think that is okay...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 360 Forged Personal Experience and Photoshoot Thread