18" Flat Black Rota Grids w/Red TA Stripe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I guess it is just me but rims are one of the most important safety items on your car. Your metal rims should not cost less than your rubber disposable tires. Besides the small size, they actually do look good, but not good enough to compromise my safety.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I guess it is just me but rims are one of the most important safety items on your car. Your metal rims should not cost less than your rubber disposable tires. Besides the small size, they actually do look good, but not good enough to compromise my safety.
Well as I've stated uhhh, a few times... I'm not worried about the safety. Dude is there some reason you felt it necessary to say the same exact thing about the quality of my rims in more than one thread?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackGGG1986
^ Got to love it when a girl tells them how it is. Hawt

Looks great man
Should look better then stock.
I'm not contradicting myself. I still think they're nice looking wheels but they're still cheap as ****. I have heard horror stories about these wheels, do a search.

I already said to each there own and it doesn't matter what I think. You all are too sensitive.

I also did read mr. rapture that you are not specifically annoyed with me but if you speak your mind to me I will speak back .

Now can we stop thread jacking this guys thread.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
Well as I've stated uhhh, a few times... I'm not worried about the safety. Dude is there some reason you felt it necessary to say the same exact thing about the quality of my rims in more than one thread?
Safety isn't even an issues. Rims don't fall apart. If you hid a pot hole or a curb hard enough, any rim will get damaged. These rims are safe enough to drive on. The pics going around of the Rotas that cracked in half or whatever, it was from an accident.

Most rims would bend beyond repair in that type of accident.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Alright this doesn't need to turn into a thread all about the safety of Rota's and all that. This subforum is called "Check out my wheels" so hey, check em' out, like them or don't.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:36 PM
What size tires are you runnin'?

I like the set up.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by G35Dancer
What size tires are you runnin'?

I like the set up.
Fronts are 245/45 and the rears are 275/40's.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
where those TA sticker a 4 peice or a 1 giant circle?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
Your contradicting yourself.. just stop talking.

The type of wheels he got don't really come in 20's that I saw.. mainly smaller sizes like 15,16,17 etc
Like 4dgs said not everyone can afford volks for 4k. Plus theyre WAY better then stock so I think it was a good move.
just because he said it is cheap wheels and small doesnt mean they have to look terrible... i agree too. those wheels look nice, but imo they def should be bigger, been bought to be flush, and even though they look nice they are still cheap brand wheels.

nothing against the op, i cant afford new rims, thats why im rolling on my oem 19's, i just would have done it a different way.

and to the op, seriously why do you even post on a forum if you dont want to take some criticism or at least some advice on what others think you should do next??? dont come on a forum where people share their ideas about each others cars if you dont want to hear people's advice about possible ways to make your car look nicer.

damn i was just going to comment on how the wheels look pretty good but seeing the way you responded to someone who just said their opinion on your wheels pisses me off since you made the post to show them off

Old 08-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
just because he said it is cheap wheels and small doesnt mean they have to look terrible... i agree too. those wheels look nice, but imo they def should be bigger, been bought to be flush, and even though they look nice they are still cheap brand wheels.

nothing against the op, i cant afford new rims, thats why im rolling on my oem 19's, i just would have done it a different way.

and to the op, seriously why do you even post on a forum if you dont want to take some criticism or at least some advice on what others think you should do next??? dont come on a forum where people share their ideas about each others cars if you dont want to hear people's advice about possible ways to make your car look nicer.

damn i was just going to comment on how the wheels look pretty good but seeing the way you responded to someone who just said their opinion on your wheels pisses me off since you made the post to show them off
Thanks man, I never received such backlash for giving my opinion that a size bigger and a drop would look nice. The op doesn't have to follow my suggestions because its just a suggestion based on my opinion of what I would do if it was my car. and FYI I can't afford Volks or Works either but until I can I will not compromise my car with parts that I don't feel meet the standards of oem.

I still like how the wheels look and the theme you are going after

Old 08-24-2009, 01:35 AM
I reacted in that way as a general backlash, not necessarily at someone in this thread. Just seems ridiculous the things that people suggest sometimes. Maybe it's a class thing? If I had more money I wouldn't think "just get some bigger wheels or lower profile tires" was that big of a deal, yet I see it a lot on this forum. I NEVER see people post stuff like that on my sportbike forum. "Well maybe if you just got some magnesium wheels it would perform better", RIGHT after they got some different aftermarket rims, which, in a way, is kind of what I see some people suggest on here.

I can take criticism, but in MY opinion, telling someone RIGHT after they've spent over a thousand dollars on rims, and another 600 on 2 tires, that they should have gotten 19's or lower profile tires, ISN'T exactly the way to go about it. It's just not constructive. Don't tell me what I SHOULD have done, tell me that it's not your taste, and you personally would have done it differently. Hell, tell me you fucking hate it, just don't tell me what I should have done better.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Rock the **** out of them, car looks too damn clean...

Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
^for sure op, rock the hell out of them, they still look good. enjoy them, and if anyone asks just say its a track car and its for the extra performance

Old 08-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
Fronts are 245/45 and the rears are 275/40's.
Why are you running a tire that is an inch taller than stock in the front?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Why are you running a tire that is an inch taller than stock in the front?
I put my stock rear tires on the front, and bought 275/40's for the rear. So if the tires were taller than stock, it's because the dumbass woman who had the car before me put them on there. I just bought 275's that would match the height of the 245/45's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 18" Flat Black Rota Grids w/Red TA Stripe