18" Flat Black Rota Grids w/Red TA Stripe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
I put my stock rear tires on the front, and bought 275/40's for the rear. So if the tires were taller than stock, it's because the dumbass woman who had the car before me put them on there. I just bought 275's that would match the height of the 245/45's
Sounds like the lady isn't the dumbass.....don't you know the stock tires are staggered in height?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Sounds like the lady isn't the dumbass.....don't you know the stock tires are staggered in height?
No, I only know they were staggered in width. And the woman who had the car before me really was a dumbass, but that's neither here nor there.

At this point.... doesn't matter much does it? I love the stance of the car as is.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:04 PM
You love that your front is higher than your rear and you have more gap in the rear than in the front? Whatever floats your boat I guess...Go with the correct 245/40/18 in the front next time.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:07 PM
You love that your front is higher than your rear and you have more gap in the rear than in the front? Whatever floats your boat I guess...Go with the correct 245/40/18 in the front next time.
I don't ever notice the gap, and why would I replace tires that have a TON of life left in them? My 245/45's are damn near brand new. If I was going to replace them, I probably would have went with 19's and all brand new tires, but that wasn't the amount of money I wanted to spend, and this is what I ended up with, and this is what I am happy with. You're the ONLY one to notice this so far as I'm aware.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts

I can take criticism, but in MY opinion, telling someone RIGHT after they've spent over a thousand dollars on rims, and another 600 on 2 tires, that they should have gotten 19's or lower profile tires, ISN'T exactly the way to go about it. It's just not constructive. Don't tell me what I SHOULD have done, tell me that it's not your taste, and you personally would have done it differently. Hell, tell me you fucking hate it, just don't tell me what I should have done better.
Ha ha, I am sorry but that is funny. You are really complaining about spending 1000 dollars on a set of rims? Yet that doesnt scare you?

You spent 250 dollars on a metal rim and 300 dollars on a rubber tire. Just read that sentence acouple times and think about it. Rims do not have to be expensive, but you get what you pay for. I can't wait until your next thread, installing your ebay turbo kit.

If you don't have to money to mod your car correctly, then don't do it half ass. Just save and wait until you can do it right.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Ha ha, I am sorry but that is funny. You are really complaining about spending 1000 dollars on a set of rims? Yet that doesnt scare you?

You spent 250 dollars on a metal rim and 300 dollars on a rubber tire. Just read that sentence acouple times and think about it. Rims do not have to be expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I can't wait until your next thread, installing your ebay turbo kit. If you don't have to money to mod your car correctly, then don't do it half ass. Just save and wait until you can do it right.
Wow... you done yet?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't ever notice the gap, and why would I replace tires that have a TON of life left in them? My 245/45's are damn near brand new. If I was going to replace them, I probably would have went with 19's and all brand new tires, but that wasn't the amount of money I wanted to spend, and this is what I ended up with, and this is what I am happy with. You're the ONLY one to notice this so far as I'm aware.
no one ever said you had to replace them. Why didn't you buy new FRONT tires though since your FRONT tires were the ones that were worn? Your logic doesn't make any sense

Old 08-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If you don't have to money to mod your car correctly, then don't do it half ass. Just save and wait until you can do it right.
+1000

As these cars get cheaper to buy used, more people overlook this fact. Stick with quality parts or stay OEM. Why pay to downgrade your car??

Also OP, not trying to knock your ride. Regardless of brand, tire fitment or whatever, I do like the way your wheels look on the car. Gives it a real auto-x/racer feel. Everyone has a different financial situation and what they're willing to put into their car, so I agree it's pointless when people say go buy $3-4k Volk/Work wheels like it's nothing. But the idea is just save up for a quality part, and if that's not in the cards for you, stick with OEM.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
+1000

As these cars get cheaper to buy used, more people overlook this fact. Stick with quality parts or stay OEM. Why pay to downgrade your car??

Also OP, not trying to knock your ride. Regardless of brand, tire fitment or whatever, I do like the way your wheels look on the car. Gives it a real auto-x/racer feel. Everyone has a different financial situation and what they're willing to put into their car, so I agree it's pointless when people say go buy $3-4k Volk/Work wheels like it's nothing. But the idea is just save up for a quality part, and if that's not in the cards for you, stick with OEM.
And as was stated before, I've done research about these rims, and I am NOT worried IN THE LEAST about the quality and/or safety of them. If I thought there was a serious chance that I would have some sort of failure with any of the rims I WOULD NOT have bought them. Once again guys, beating a dead horse. I don't feel as though I've downgraded anything. These look WAY better than the stock rims I had, and I don't feel they're any more likely to fail during a crash/accident.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:02 PM
no one ever said you had to replace them. Why didn't you buy new FRONT tires though since your FRONT tires were the ones that were worn? Your logic doesn't make any sense
You obviously didn't understand. It's possible I misrepresented this at some point but, this is what happened: My stock FRONT tires were beginning to be worn out. My stock REAR tires had a TON of tread left on them. I moved the stock REAR tires, to the front, and purchased brand new tires to put on the rear, make sense?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
People installing altezzas or ebay turbo kits do not believe they are down grading either.

I am not concerned about them failing during a crash/accident (that is semi normal). Rotas are more likely to fail just while daily driving.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Turbo G35 coupe single turbo with some goodies
wow...this is the nicest i've ever seen the grids look!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM
You obviously didn't understand. It's possible I misrepresented this at some point but, this is what happened: My stock FRONT tires were beginning to be worn out. My stock REAR tires had a TON of tread left on them. I moved the stock REAR tires, to the front, and purchased brand new tires to put on the rear, make sense?
You obviously didn't understand. The stock REAR tires are meant to be used on the REAR. The Diameter is DIFFERENT than the FRONT. If your FRONT tires were worn out, then you should have replaced your FRONT tires with the correct FRONT tire size, rather than sticking the incorrectly sized REAR tires on the FRONT.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM
You obviously didn't understand. The stock REAR tires are meant to be used on the REAR. The Diameter is DIFFERENT than the FRONT. If your FRONT tires were worn out, then you should have replaced your FRONT tires with the correct FRONT tire size, rather than sticking the incorrectly sized REAR tires on the FRONT.
Well we already came to the conclusion that I didn't know they were staggered in height didn't we? How could I have done what you just suggested when I didn't know the rears were taller than the fronts? Look, once again, this doesn't matter. You made your point. My rear sits MAYBE 1/4" lower than the front. I don't care. I didn't do things the "right" way. This makes me an ignorant moron who doesn't know shit about shit, and my car is going to spontaneously combust. Can we move on now?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM
People installing altezzas or ebay turbo kits do not believe they are down grading either.

I am not concerned about them failing during a crash/accident (that is semi normal). Rotas are more likely to fail just while daily driving.
Since I'm tired of arguing...

I'm glad that the expert on Rota's, and specifically Rota Grids is here to tell us all the inner workings and faults of said models. Thank you again for your words of wisdom.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 18" Flat Black Rota Grids w/Red TA Stripe