Before and After Photoshop. Need opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Before and After Photoshop. Need opinion

Hey guys, let me just say that I know nothing about taking pictures or photoshop so these photos may be the worst you have ever seen. That said, all i really want to know is which picture looks better to you.

The first pic is before editing. The second is after i went to adjustments, photo filter, and used warm filter(85) at 25% density.

I dont have the best eye for these types of things so i need your help. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Before and After Photoshop. Need opinion-1-013-edited-small.jpg   Before and After Photoshop. Need opinion-g35-night-test-small.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edited one. this is of course all very subjective, but i like the more natural tones of the one after editing. good job on the photoshop. the silver is too yellowish in the original one. and also, the blue pops much nicer after the edit. my $0.02

Old 09-07-2009, 01:50 AM
NVM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After the edit. The higher contrast makes the car stand out a bit.
Try playing with some Options like "Contrast" and "Vibrance" under "Image > Adjust > Vibrance/Contrast"

Old 09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
thanks for the opnion and advice. ill try to play with it more. any idea why in the original it comes out so yellow? is it just because of the yellow light around the car? if so, is there any way to fix that when taking the picture instead of editing in photoshop? meaning should i have adjusted something in the camera before i took the pic? d40x

Old 09-09-2009, 08:25 PM
easy fix in PS just use the color balance to correct and pull the opposite way of yellow

Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by FuSiOn
easy fix in PS just use the color balance to correct and pull the opposite way of yellow
nice tip. Thanks!! no playing with all the different sliding bars it opens up a whole new ball game.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Is that picture from when you had your old DCR 3pc wheels or is that something new with a similar design? For some reason, from the angle of the shot, the centers do not look like the DCR wheels, but I could be wrong. I got excited for a second because I thought that they might be PIAA F301's, since I've been curious to see high res shots of them.

Also, yes, I like the 2nd pic better.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by visibiliti
Is that picture from when you had your old DCR 3pc wheels or is that something new with a similar design? For some reason, from the angle of the shot, the centers do not look like the DCR wheels, but I could be wrong. I got excited for a second because I thought that they might be PIAA F301's, since I've been curious to see high res shots of them.

Also, yes, I like the 2nd pic better.
nice eye but they are not my DCR wheels. I sold those here. These are new but similar to the DCR. The spokes are thicker and the offset is more aggressive on the front compared to the DCRs i had. Ill be putting up more pics later when i take better pics.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:59 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
yeah.. definitely feeling the edited since it's closer to the actual color of the car, rather than the incandescent street lights. White balance is more true to life. If you use color balance, and move the magenta and/or red slider (go to layers> New Adjustment Layer> Color Balance) you can actually correct your white balance if you're interested..

Old 10-23-2009, 01:27 AM
The edited one looks better, to me.