Transgo Shift Kit = Smile + Chirping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
where did you buy this? i want for my sedan

Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
bought it off a forum member (surprisingly as I've never really seen one for sale in the marketplace before) but you can get them here for ~250 shipped http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRG-RE5R05A-HD2

i posted a video before I installed the kit that I found so you can see the difference

Old 03-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by elayman
bought it off a forum member (surprisingly as I've never really seen one for sale in the marketplace before) but you can get them here for ~250 shipped http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRG-RE5R05A-HD2

i posted a video before I installed the kit that I found so you can see the difference
Is it on youtube?
Btw i posted a comment on youtube, maybe you can change the video title so it becomes easier to find when people search for it.

Edit: I see that you changed it, now it's easier to be found.

Last edited by G35s-Q8; 03-30-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
did you notice any difference in down-shifting when you come to a stop? Any jerking when shifting to 1st once you come to a complete stop?

Old 03-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
^^ I'd like to know as well.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by JOKER
did you notice any difference in down-shifting when you come to a stop? Any jerking when shifting to 1st once you come to a complete stop?
it does downshift a bit faster, but nothing jerky as the upshifts. It's just more crisp and falls into gear faster. You wouldn't notice it was different if you weren't looking for it. The only time you feel the difference is when you punch it.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
Any cons of doing this? Say transmission wise.
This is what I am worried about, I want to keep my car for a long time, fluid changed at 30k intervals..ect

But you should get an oil cooler if you get this for added safety I heard, but meh too expensive to mess with if something goes wrong.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The car DOES have a trans cooler stock...it's in the radiator.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by GT-ER
The car DOES have a trans cooler stock...it's in the radiator.
ir's a joke, it's a small tube that goes thru the radiator, i doubt if it does anything, you can buy a cheap tube and fin design cooler for less than $80, or if you got some cash you can go with Setrab cooler, even if you don't race and just drive your car from home to work and back, you'd defenitly notice the difference with a tranny cooler, as for me having a trans. cooler on my car is a must, if not for tracking and racing, then it would be for prolonging my trans. fluid.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
ir's a joke, it's a small tube that goes thru the radiator, i doubt if it does anything, you can buy a cheap tube and fin design cooler for less than $80, or if you got some cash you can go with Setrab cooler, even if you don't race and just drive your car from home to work and back, you'd defenitly notice the difference with a tranny cooler, as for me having a trans. cooler on my car is a must, if not for tracking and racing, then it would be for prolonging my trans. fluid.
I never said it was a good one, HomieG35 said there was no cooler stock.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I never said it was a good one, HomieG35 said there was no cooler stock.
Yea i know, that's why i pointed it's a joke, tbh i think it doesn't do anything since it's just a tube that go few inches thru the radiator, search youtube for "how it's made Radiator" and you'll see what i mean, in the past i thought it was a small fin and tube radiator inside the stock one, but i was sooo wrong.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
Yea i know, that's why i pointed it's a joke, tbh i think it doesn't do anything since it's just a tube that go few inches thru the radiator, search youtube for "how it's made Radiator" and you'll see what i mean, in the past i thought it was a small fin and tube radiator inside the stock one, but i was sooo wrong.
It does more than you think...it's water cooled so it does FAR better heat transferring then if it was air cooled, though I agree it doesn't stand a chance to aftermarket coolers. I've seen car manufacturers try to cool power steering fluid by simply making the line zig-zag back and forth a few times and that's it...lol....but hey, it's better than NOTHING.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by elayman
it does downshift a bit faster, but nothing jerky as the upshifts. It's just more crisp and falls into gear faster. You wouldn't notice it was different if you weren't looking for it. The only time you feel the difference is when you punch it.
That's bc you have an 05 and our Trannies have rev matching to help smoothen the shifts.

I drove Tofu's G @ our last meet and his car shifted much faster than mine and didn't jerk @ all even in D mode! Felt great.

I'm ordering this mod hopefully by the end of the month so I can give my own impressions before I have my TT kit installed.

I'm stoked!!! This mod is def worth the money

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transgo Shift Kit = Smile + Chirping