Who changed the Inven?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
So if you were to *finally* consider making a polyurethane version, could you do it with the original styling (without the protuberant front crease)?

I think you've had more than 10 folks post in over the past months asking for poly inven, but you still haven't offered a group buy... I guess we need price points to get this started (i.e. for 10 people, what is the cost?).

Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
^ Yeah what he said. Do we have to do all the work? hahaha

Old 02-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
You guys start a group thread. Were not vesting unless there is 10+ ready w. Deposits guys. We will make it how you want. Just cause 10+ people say they want it doesn't mean 10+ will buy.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Really Needs a Life
Originally Posted by rcdash
So if you were to *finally* consider making a polyurethane version, could you do it with the original styling (without the protuberant front crease)?

I think you've had more than 10 folks post in over the past months asking for poly inven, but you still haven't offered a group buy... I guess we need price points to get this started (i.e. for 10 people, what is the cost?).
Actually I have only 4 members asking about the poly inven.. they ask every other month or so

Old 02-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
i believe the sarona body kits stole the design

i remember a thread where they claimed it was their design and we posted proof that Eric designed it
anyone remember this thread? i cant seem to find it... some noob came on stating sarona designed a new bumper and posted a pic of the inven

Old 02-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
You guys start a group thread. Were not vesting unless there is 10+ ready w. Deposits guys. We will make it how you want. Just cause 10+ people say they want it doesn't mean 10+ will buy.
Wait a second? You want us to do the legwork so you can earn the cash? Are you going to pay me or give me a free bumper for organizing the group buy?

First of all, I think you have to be a premier member to even see the group buy section and post in there. I could sign up again and post there. Using that venue will limit your market though to only premier members.

Second, only a vendor can post in the Marketplace which is where you'd get the most visibility and chances of setting up a successful group buy.

Finally, how much time does it take to make a post or poll about identifying interest in a particular bumper? You are not prepared to invest 5 MINUTES TIME?

Perhaps you are not the right vendor for me. Prove me wrong, spend the god d@mn 5 minutes to post a thread or poll and PM the folks that have contacted you in the past regarding the inven. If you want to put forth that extra effort to get an "A", do a search for all users that have posted using the keyword "inven" and contact those that have the fiberglass and want to upgrade to the polyurethane.

No need to thank me for the marketing lesson.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Really Needs a Life
sure, if you put it together and make it happen and show us there is interest then yes, i will accomdate you accordingly.

what your forgetting is that just because people say they want it doesnt mean they will pay for it. i am apart of the modding g community myself if you didnt know. Also, i am a business owner.. i am not going to vest a substantial amount of $ into a project where just some guys want it..

i dont need to thank you for anything and wasnt planning on it. I have taken many courses in marketing and know exactly what i am doing If we are not the vendor for you then so be it, that is your choice as a consumer. we have 7 other projects going on right now that are taking up time and money. All i was saying is that (as a whole) you guys show me 10 solid guys who habe a minimum 100$ deposit for this bumper and then we will work the numbers out. until that day happens then its all talk. i just made the thread, so put your money where your mouth is

-Dustin
Originally Posted by rcdash
Wait a second? You want us to do the legwork so you can earn the cash? Are you going to pay me or give me a free bumper for organizing the group buy?

First of all, I think you have to be a premier member to even see the group buy section and post in there. I could sign up again and post there. Using that venue will limit your market though to only premier members.

Second, only a vendor can post in the Marketplace which is where you'd get the most visibility and chances of setting up a successful group buy.

Finally, how much time does it take to make a post or poll about identifying interest in a particular bumper? You are not prepared to invest 5 MINUTES TIME?

Perhaps you are not the right vendor for me. Prove me wrong, spend the god d@mn 5 minutes to post a thread or poll and PM the folks that have contacted you in the past regarding the inven. If you want to put forth that extra effort to get an "A", do a search for all users that have posted using the keyword "inven" and contact those that have the fiberglass and want to upgrade to the polyurethane.

No need to thank me for the marketing lesson.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Fair enough. Where is the thread? I think this would be the best spot:

https://g35driver.com/forums/group-buys-vendor-284/

When I locate the thread, I will sign up for premier, put a link in my sig for all my thousands of posts to the group buy thread, get you my deposit and help promote it. Deal?

sure, if you put it together and make it happen and show us there is interest then yes, i will accomdate you accordingly.

what your forgetting is that just because people say they want it doesnt mean they will pay for it. i am apart of the modding g community myself if you didnt know. Also, i am a business owner.. i am not going to vest a substantial amount of $ into a project where just some guys want it..

i dont need to thank you for anything and wasnt planning on it. I have taken many courses in marketing and know exactly what i am doing If we are not the vendor for you then so be it, that is your choice as a consumer. we have 7 other projects going on right now that are taking up time and money. All i was saying is that (as a whole) you guys show me 10 solid guys who habe a minimum 100$ deposit for this bumper and then we will work the numbers out. until that day happens then its all talk. i just made the thread, so put your money where your mouth is

-Dustin

Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
You also have to understand that getting the money together is used to make the mold so they can make your poly inven bumper. It's kind of like an investment. You're investing your money to have the mold made so you can receive your awesome poly inven bumper.

Many times have people said they were interested in a bumper and then when it came time to play the waiting game so the molds could be made, they back out.

Molds for bumpers are not cheap.

I'm not saying that you're the type of person to back out on the deal, since you're showing lots of interest to try and make it happen. Just stating what has happened on the boards before.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Really Needs a Life
https://g35driver.com/forums/group-b...oly-front.html

^there you go fellas. lets see what happens

Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
^ Signed up OG version please!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Excellent - thanks.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:03 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by Calvin
Here it the original Inven on Shane's car.

Here is the "redesigned" one.

YIKES!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
the og would be based on 1st inven released.
Does "based on" mean "looks exactly like"? Just want some clarification.
After seeing the "revised" Inven, it's gotta be well identified.
You don't even mention that you've revised it in your fiberglass thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...kits-more.html
When a good trained eye can see that the first pic is your revised one. Someone buying it isn't going to know until it's already out of the paint shop.
Like I did, and I didn't even buy it from you guys (VIS sells to more vendors than just Strafe). If you're gonna revise it, at least be proud of it and say it where you are trying to sell it.
Nobody really knew until I made this thread about it. Being the first sucker, I didn't want others to get fooled that there was an impostor out there.
This is shady business to me. Changing someone's idea, then reselling it as if it is the same.
Call yours the Strafe bumper or something.
I even took this out of your group buy thread to show you a little respect.

and what idea of inven do you think were talking about? if you dont want the bumper or have anything positive to put forward to this process then
If you're designing something from looking at the original, ya gotta wonder how good it can really be. Especially after we see what can be done when you change it intentionally.

sorry your shop didnt install your bumper properly, id be upset if my front fit like that as well
I was much more WTF'ed from seeing the front shelf. One of these issues can be easily fixed, guess which one.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
I love the Inven bumper, but that revise version is really ugly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who changed the Inven?