Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Well its my 10,000 post and figured I would make one from Day 1 I purchased my car to Now!!! Beware this will be a fairly long post!!

Day 1 - Purchase Date Middle of 2006..Graduation gift from parents since I had a full ride and that was our agreement.

First mods before I really got into the whole learning and forum thing! I had already picked up alot of these parts before I had the car...I knew what I was getting and wanted!

JWT Pop Charger, Blacked out Tails, Billet Grille..last all of 2 weeks and TSW Thruxtons, Clear Corners, Motordyne 1/2 Inch spacer, and Injen Titanium Tip Track Edition Exhaust

Then I started Researching on the forum and what not...got rid of the grille right away.

Picked Up g3 Motorsports Chrome Intake Pipe, Carbon Fiber engine Cover, Engine Damper not sure on brand and had Tein Basic Coilovers installed..not pictured

Picked up Hood Dampers

SOLD OEM Grille and picked up Gialla

Installed Polished plenum and painted Battery covers

Sold Injen and got HKS Exhaust

Picked up Custom Mirrors by Scootch that as of Today I am able to get my hands on some more if anyone is interested.

Showing off the Turn Signal Mirrors

Got Richie Strut Tower Bar

Ended up selling Blacked out Tails after getting a Ticket and picked up OEM tails and had them painted.

then the big boy toys started coming! JBT 6 piston 4 Piston BBK

Couple of months went by and I kept the TSW Thruxtons until one day the spoke decided to split due to being chromed...ended up picking up SEVAS S55.

20x8.5 and 20x10.5 along with a roof spoiler

Picked up a couple more Dress up items such as Nismo Radiator Cap, Pithon Locks, ARC intake Pipe, ARC titanium cooling plate, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Samco Hose Kit, Z Toys Polished Caps, Hotchkis Sways, SPC camber kits and AAC Style Halo Headlights

I then started working on more of the appearance on the car.

Picked up the NISMO Front bumper and Ings side skirts

I sat for alittle while with this setup and set aside the funds for MORE POWA!!!

Picked up the whole works...ATI Procharger, DEFI Gauges, koyo Radiator etc...BOY DO I MISS THIS..

Alittle sound clip:

Kept this for a couple of months and realized that nismo wasnt allowing it breathe so I picked up a new bumper..KURUMA Z Front..added some audio as well.

Audio came with Custom Amp Rack along with 2 4080 Boxes and JL subs and Trunk Lid Carbon Fiber cover..Kenwood DDX-8019

Then came time to offload the ACCStyle headlights and go with the real deal!!!

CLEARCORNERS.COM

Was quiet for about 2-3 months with thet setup I was rocking..and I didnt like the flow of the Ings sides and Kuruma Front so I picked up Impul, nismo diffuser, and VIP lighting installed

DOOM DAY STRUCK....The thing that worries all FI Owners..blown motor.. End of Summer 2007...

sitting at infiiniti dealer

Hole Size

Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
well after this I was done with the car honestly....frustrated to all hell....but you calm down and pick up where you left off..

A couple of months later motor was installed and then My SEVAS Crack on me....

picked up my VOLK GT30 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 with KICs Project NEO Chrome Lugs

new motor and new engine bay PARTS.. ARC FTW Second go round! Also had to pick up some new interior pieces since alot of my custom interior was used for my gauges and what not.

was quiet again for alittle while since I was satisfied with the car.....picked up minor pieces..MOMO shift **** and NiftyShifty Shift boot

Around July of 2009 My wife wanted a Divorce..Note that I got married in June of 2008.....she was seeing someone else...another story of its own...so I did what I could to try and keep her. Started Parting out everything I had on the car..

Sold suspension, alot of engine parts, and HKS exhaust, along with Volk GT30..

picked up 350z revised setup to roll on, OEM 19's, Nismo Muffler with HR Y pipe....couldnt rock stock of course....installed 20mm spacers up front and 25mm spacers in the rear. Ended up cutting down rear spring mount.

Nismo Muffler with HR Y-pipe

Sound clip:

stock 19's with spacers and Z suspension

Picked up Fast Intentions Exhaust Carbon Fiber Catback

Sound clip:

Then I picked up Motordyne VQ exhaust for about 2 months....wanted a true dual setup.

sound clip

Stayed like this through Divorce and all....Finalized end of September 2009... I said to the hell with it...obviously it wasnt meant to be....

I ended up getting a good offer for my OEM 19's and picked up OEM 18's that I had powdercoated gloss black.

Those lasted for a couple of months..

found a good deal on some 20 inch XXR 521 and some BC Racing Coilovers

These XXR lasted about 2 months and I switched to Racing Harts.

Middle of summer 2010 I got my hands on a local member wanting to offload his Suede he had done and never installed.

local member wanted my BC racing coils so I sold them and got semi-sponsored by ARK Performance and also sent out my clearcorners lights to get all redone with my new theme I had going on.

Installed the suede and in the meantime picked up Motordyne Shockwave v1 exhaust!!

sound clip

Last edited by g35man04; 05-11-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:15 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Towards the end of Summer I was having some cooling issues without having an enclosed Fan Shroud on my DD....Removed the Koyo 52mm and Meradyne Fans and picked up Koyo 36mm with GTM Fans and shroud

during this time as well I picked up some more cosmetic parts...Emblemless Grille, started Interior swap on some parts from Willow to Black. Motordyne Sways, SPC Upper A Arms, SPL end Links front and Rear

Sold the Racing Harts and went alittle crazy...

The I started on the engine bay during the winter time..Volk SF winnings, Wire tuck, deleted alot of other parts, APS Tall Boy, ARC Parts compliments to Dranom. Front and Rear polished timing cover, GT spec Brackets, VTC solenoids, and Lower plenum from Sean Sxexcx. Stoptech BBK

Also had Chargespeed rear put on with Seibon TS Hood, roof painted gloss black, Shaved OEM Spoiler, debadged, and installed Impul 3 Piece

Newest Updates.. JDM 06 tails

Sparco Seats and Takata Harnesses

Current shot of Engine Bay

COMING SOON!!!

New Steering Wheel by Row2k!

Teaser shot:

New Titanium Shift **** Burnt from Killjulez..you can find his auto ***** here!

https://g35driver.com/forums/accesso...t-*****-t.html

UPDATED FOR MONTH OF JUNE 2011

Takata Shoulder Pads, SPL Compression Rod Bushings installed!

Lower Plenum and Lower Collector sent off for porting!

Steering wheel installed along with the Killujulez auto Shift **** and New Niftyshifty shift boot.

Performed some more deleting of items such as fuel rail.....

picked up some Rear OEM Suspension pieces to began pressing out all the bushings to replace with whiteline!

Pathfinder cooling mod and modified Drivers and passenger side coolant pipes with all delete unneccessary lines.

Will be receiving my 3.5 VSLD as well!!! adding Nismo Rear Finned Differential and new SPL Solid Diff Bushings!

FINAL UPDATES AT THIS TIME!!! AUGUST 1, 2011

picked up a turbonetics kit!! installed the turbo kit through months of June and July! Added Stillen Oil cooler as well with braided lines and AN Fittings

GAUGES

Custom Triple Center mount Gauge pod

COCKPIT AT NIGHT!

Ported and Polished lower plenum and intake Runner

While the car was down I had Powdercoated my OEM coolant pipes along with items welded up.

Valve covers were painted blue

CAR Dropped off Last Monday for FINAL STAGE...TUNING!!

Last edited by g35man04; 08-01-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Sick progression Chris!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
ballin! its nice that you could pretty much give info to anyone wanting to purchase the parts youve previously had and give man DP owners a look at what parts look like on your car since youve had so many haha

Last edited by gmotion04; 05-11-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
You went all out. Looks good man

Old 05-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Very Nice progression. I've always liked the way your car flows!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
These are the kind of threads i enjoy reading!

Your car went through SOOOOO much haha

Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Oh man, that was a lot of fun to read, Chris.

Its crazy to see how much your car has changed since day 1 to now, especially with all the mods you've been through. Hopefully I'll find my way to Dallas to chat with you sometime.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:15 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Sick progression Chris!
gracias sir!!! enjoyed typing it..but def made me miss my damn FI now..

Originally Posted by gmotion04
ballin! its nice that you could pretty much give info to anyone wanting to purchase the parts youve previously had and give man DP owners a look at what parts look like on your car since youve had so many haha
agreed man!! thats why I am here and answer roughly 20-30 PM's a day!!!

Originally Posted by Hialeahzprep
You went all out. Looks good man
thanks and yes I have been all out a couple of times!

Originally Posted by Hi-TechG35
Very Nice progression. I've always liked the way your car flows!
thank you sir!! always enjoyed yours as well

Originally Posted by w4kj4k
These are the kind of threads i enjoy reading!

Your car went through SOOOOO much haha
anytime sir!! i thought I had made one before but couldnt locate it...went through all of my POST!!! 9,9999 of them...LOL!

Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Oh man, that was a lot of fun to read, Chris.

Its crazy to see how much your car has changed since day 1 to now, especially with all the mods you've been through. Hopefully I'll find my way to Dallas to chat with you sometime.
agreed sir!!! its been to long and we need to get together soon!! I am really hoping we can all make the trek to Cali!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
that was great! good read! car is lookin good!!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
great stuff

Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
Lots of ups and downs, but through it all you seem to have made the best of every situation! Great looking car man, definately one of my favorites

Old 05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great build.... Awesome story.... Thank you for sharing.... Oh and one thing that has not changed is that G35driver has been there for you!!!!! Lol.... The car has gone through so much transformations and it has looked good almost 100% of the time (we can all agree that billet grill was pretty fugly).... Keep it going withe the mods that new steering wheel look pretty hot already!!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's a hell of a journey. I would have given up long ago. Kudos to you for sticking it out and doing it right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: POST: 10k G35MAN04 Progression Day 1 to NOW