Progress Thread: SexyRob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
car looked great at XDC man..color is even better in person.

see you again next weekend for Wek fest!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by chief.crappin.squirrel
car looked great at xdc man..color is even better in person.

see you again next weekend for wek fest!
forbidden!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
got some pics of prepping the car

swapped out stock akebono pads for project mu b-force

put my lmgt4 back on wrapped in new advan neova ad08

engine bay clean

checked everything over and started fixing exhaust leaks.

got v-band clamps welded on the greddy TI-c exhaust, and ordered the wrong size for the art-pipes so we had no choice but to weld it all together, oh well screw it.. as long as it holds on the track!

and some track footage (open in youtube and make it 720p) (if you get bored skip to 7 minutes and watch me go off the track lol)

I LOVE the brake pads, no fade and they were quieter than stock, they grabbed hard when I wanted them to.
I LOVE the tires, they made me feel so comfortable out there and were very predictable
I LOVE my lmgt4s I forgot how nice it is to have light 18's on my car again...

Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Double post fail, Rob.

And fail at 7:23... way to get over-eager while you're on the track.

See you in a couple days!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
got some pics of my trackday, it was one of the best things I've ever done and highly recommend anyone who has been thinking about it, to do it.

pushed too hard on this lap and went off on one of the last turns...

Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
^Looks like an awesome time!!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
bad@ss Rob!!!

Great vid and pics!!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
Hey Sexy!

Love the car and have a question about your bride vios . How do you like them so far? More importantly how hard is it getting in and out of the car with them, I'm tossing around the idea of picking these up or reacaro pole positions, but I'm worried that the leg bolsters are just a bitch to get over every time you get in and out of the car. Also if you don't mind me asking how snug are these and what waist size are you. I've been told these are a bit on the snug side and are they comfortable for an hour ~ two hour drive ?

Thanks !
Mario

Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 PM
G35 Coupe
BTW great job on the hpde, after I did my first one I was sooooo hooked...sh!its better than cocaine. Track days are now to me THE REASON to mod my car

Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I love the seats, they really complete the car for me. I can't imagine putting down the lap times I did without them honestly. The car would feel very unsafe without them IMO. They really hold you in there, holding monster is a great slogan for them. They are a little tight for me, I'm a 34 waist and 5'9" (around 180lbs) It keeps me in line when I don't want to work out though, cause if I get any bigger I'll not be able to fit in them.

getting in and out takes some getting used to, after about two weeks I had it down.. you have to pretty much swing your legs to the side and then push off with your hands to get out of the car, it gets difficult if you can't open the door very far. It's also very hard to get your wallet out of your back pocket when you are at the drive through lol... other than that I love them. took my spine a month to adjust to the proper posture of the seats but now I can drive for a couple hours without feeling pain, when I first got them 30 minute sessions were tough to deal with but it's all good now.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:31 PM
G35 Coupe
you prob shouldn't be reaching for your wallet at the drive though anyway if you want to fit in them haha. Have you had a chance to sit in any other bucket seats and compared them comfort and fitment wise? My only real point of reference that I've had a chance to spend some quality time with were the Recaro pole positions, which were quite comfortable. If these are even close to being as comfortable I am def. picking them up.

Also I noticed you are running your hotchkis sway like half way stiff already and are still getting tons of roll. You need to get rid of those comfort spec teins pronto if your going to do more track days.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:34 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by sexyrob
I love the seats, they really complete the car for me. I can't imagine putting down the lap times I did without them honestly. The car would feel very unsafe without them IMO. They really hold you in there, holding monster is a great slogan for them. They are a little tight for me, I'm a 34 waist and 5'9" (around 180lbs) It keeps me in line when I don't want to work out though, cause if I get any bigger I'll not be able to fit in them.

getting in and out takes some getting used to, after about two weeks I had it down.. you have to pretty much swing your legs to the side and then push off with your hands to get out of the car, it gets difficult if you can't open the door very far. It's also very hard to get your wallet out of your back pocket when you are at the drive through lol... other than that I love them. took my spine a month to adjust to the proper posture of the seats but now I can drive for a couple hours without feeling pain, when I first got them 30 minute sessions were tough to deal with but it's all good now.
That and getting your mobile phone out of the holster on your hip when someone's calling.. Drives me insane.. I need to blue tooth link mine to the head unit. Just too lazy.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Wow, awesome car man. Definitely wasn't expecting you to get into the accident. Good to see you back in it! Good luck in the future!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Row2k
you prob shouldn't be reaching for your wallet at the drive though anyway if you want to fit in them haha. Have you had a chance to sit in any other bucket seats and compared them comfort and fitment wise? My only real point of reference that I've had a chance to spend some quality time with were the Recaro pole positions, which were quite comfortable. If these are even close to being as comfortable I am def. picking them up.

Also I noticed you are running your hotchkis sway like half way stiff already and are still getting tons of roll. You need to get rid of those comfort spec teins pronto if your going to do more track days.
actually moved to mono flex coils, they feel a lot better around the track.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Very Nice Rob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Progress Thread: SexyRob