Snow White aka "Blanca Nieve"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Cool It's a sad day

It blows my mind to see a guy come to this forum to introduce his coupe to the G35 community and he gets ripped for mods he has done to HIS car. I'm sure the last he checked no one offered up any money to help with his mods and he bought what he wanted to buy for again...HIS car.

He is also right. Many companies make the same products for example. I used to work for a pharmaceutical company and we made cough syrup for a well known brand. After we were finish the run for the well known brand we didn't drain the cough syrup we just changed bottles and labels so we could run the wal-mart equivalent.

So many people think they're getting better quality because they've paid more and in some cases they maybe right depending on the product. My thoughts on modding are, never spend more money than you have to. Think about what it is you want to do to your car and research the products you want to install. Never get caught up in someone else's hype, just because it worked for them doesn't mean its going to work for you. A penny saved is a penny earned. Never pay someone to do something you can do yourself.

Bottom line. I've seen guys spend money for mods intended for the track yet, their car never goes any where near a track. Where's the benefit in that. My grandmother used to say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Peace and Blessings. Brooks out. P.S. Nice looking coupe Andy, great job.

The following users liked this post:
andyauthentic (09-19-2014)
Old 09-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm still guilty of it too tho lol

Old 09-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
I don't get the made in USA comment.
I just feel that alot of the parts we buy for our cars are JDM hype, spec this and that.

I never feel like the stuff is coming from a trusted source.

Something like: Summit, Edelbrock, Flowmaster

See a company like K&N has been around since the 60's,
but TEIN stepped in the scene when?

mid 2000's? Give me a fkn break, that ain't no reputation, I claimed a loss for the first 5 years in business. 10yrs aint jack man

Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
It blows my mind to see a guy come to this forum to introduce his coupe to the G35 community and he gets ripped for mods he has done to HIS car. I'm sure the last he checked no one offered up any money to help with his mods and he bought what he wanted to buy for again...HIS car.

He is also right. Many companies make the same products for example. I used to work for a pharmaceutical company and we made cough syrup for a well known brand. After we were finish the run for the well known brand we didn't drain the cough syrup we just changed bottles and labels so we could run the wal-mart equivalent.

So many people think they're getting better quality because they've paid more and in some cases they maybe right depending on the product. My thoughts on modding are, never spend more money than you have to. Think about what it is you want to do to your car and research the products you want to install. Never get caught up in someone else's hype, just because it worked for them doesn't mean its going to work for you. A penny saved is a penny earned. Never pay someone to do something you can do yourself.

Bottom line. I've seen guys spend money for mods intended for the track yet, their car never goes any where near a track. Where's the benefit in that. My grandmother used to say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Peace and Blessings. Brooks out. P.S. Nice looking coupe Andy, great job.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, thanks hommie

Old 09-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by andyauthentic
I just feel that alot of the parts we buy for our cars are JDM hype, spec this and that. I never feel like the stuff is coming from a trusted source. Something like: Summit, Edelbrock, Flowmaster See a company like K&N has been around since the 60's, but TEIN stepped in the scene when? mid 2000's? Give me a fkn break, that ain't no reputation, I claimed a loss for the first 5 years in business. 10yrs aint jack man
yes, Teins edfc is an amazing feat to be installed in such a range of cars that don't have the technology for electronic dampening control

Old 09-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
mid 2000's? try 1985. and WTF does that have to do with anything?

Old 09-20-2014, 12:19 AM
You're welcome Andy.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
You must be the most annoying dude in real life bro lol
That's a pretty funny statement considering I make a living with my sparkling personality.

I was merely responding to your comment that you think anything not made in the USA is garbage, but you completely contradict yourself by buying Chinese knockoffs and a Japanese car.

Chillax, brah.

And no, companies build their brand on quality. Anything that's actual crap falls by the wayside. Notice how quality always prevails.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts

Actually those parts built for track are usually quality parts. Nothing wrong with wanting quality parts on ur car that u don't track. Gives a driver more reassurance during daily driving that the part won't fail and will.last long. No guarantees but nice to kno its a part that meets or exceeds OEM quality.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:12 AM

I just feel that alot of the parts we buy for our cars are JDM hype, spec this and that.

I never feel like the stuff is coming from a trusted source.

Something like: Summit, Edelbrock, Flowmaster

See a company like K&N has been around since the 60's,
but TEIN stepped in the scene when?

mid 2000's? Give me a fkn break, that ain't no reputation, I claimed a loss for the first 5 years in business. 10yrs aint jack man
If u like USA parts so much u bought the wrong car. Shoulda bought a domestic.

Ps good one on the "mids 2000s"...smh

Old 09-20-2014, 01:22 AM
Most aftermarket parts meet or exceed OEM standards (depending on the brand). Again, what's the use in putting parts designed for the track if your car never sees a track. That's like marrying your favorite supermodel and never having sex with her. Sure she looks good but, wouldn't you like to take it out for a spin every now and then.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
^so you should downgrade your car from stock because you think that it looks cool?

Old 09-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Huh

Old 09-20-2014, 02:54 AM
Most aftermarket parts meet or exceed OEM standards (depending on the brand). Again, what's the use in putting parts designed for the track if your car never sees a track. That's like marrying your favorite supermodel and never having sex with her. Sure she looks good but, wouldn't you like to take it out for a spin every now and then.
Idk if I can confidently say cheap aftermarket replicas meet or exceed oem.

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (09-20-2014)
Old 09-20-2014, 03:06 AM
false. There's a reason parts say "intended for off road use only" meaning they aren't necessarily legal hence they don't meet OEM standards. A wheel company like Ray's engineering or BBS or HRE do exceed OEM standards

The following 2 users liked this post by PLENUMCOUPE:
thegreatkwijibo (09-20-2014), Urbanengineer (09-20-2014)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Snow White aka "Blanca Nieve"