setting the STANDARD in Lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2006 | 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by robzone
ah yung gwass hoppa, yu JDM-ness is shining threw ya dawk light!
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Old 03-05-2006 | 06:54 PM
Mmhm...
your car looks nice IMO why so much hate wihtthe double step lip!! it looks hot, but your the second person on the forums to have these wheels. The other guy has some sexy pictures of his car

example:

does anyone know his name ?

Last edited by ZLUJ; 03-05-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-05-2006 | 08:48 PM
|
Originally Posted by slateg35_05
your car looks nice IMO why so much hate wihtthe double step lip!! it looks hot, but your the second person on the forums to have these wheels. The other guy has some sexy pictures of his car

example:

does anyone know his name ?
actually im the 3rd to have these wheels, my set is actually the 5th set brought to the US......the name of the guy who owned that G is Gene....he has since sold his car and moved on....his wheels were sold to Jdmtouch from the 350zforums.com.....i will be taking pics very soon, im just lookin for the right location...thanks for the complimants slateg35!

Old 03-16-2006 | 12:30 AM
Anyone have info of where to buy these wheels???

Old 03-16-2006 | 05:08 AM
i love the JPs man they are sick! just need a shot of the whole car, zoomed in pics don't do them justice.

Old 03-16-2006 | 05:24 PM
Setting the standard in poorly fitting tires, that is.

Old 03-21-2006 | 12:59 AM
|
Originally Posted by MechEE
...haters gotta love em'

uh stretched tires is what you have to do with an 11 inch rear, sorry your not one of the few who can understand that buddy.....

Old 03-21-2006 | 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by robzone
...haters gotta love em'

uh stretched tires is what you have to do with an 11 inch rear, sorry your not one of the few who can understand that buddy.....
That doesn't change the fact that the tires don't fit properly and you'll have an uneven pressure distribution over the contact patch, resulting in reduced performance and safety. It looks particulary bad with the rim edge sticking out like that as well. Why not just buy a proper width rear rim?

Old 03-21-2006 | 01:34 PM
i.love.gold
That doesn't change the fact that the tires don't fit properly and you'll have an uneven pressure distribution over the contact patch, resulting in reduced performance and safety. It looks particulary bad with the rim edge sticking out like that as well. Why not just buy a proper width rear rim?
He's going for the look of it. And he did buy the proper width rear rim for his preference. make sense?

now quit being tire police

Old 03-21-2006 | 01:35 PM
i.love.gold
looks bueno by the way

Old 03-21-2006 | 05:25 PM
How is that uneven? You're not making sense. That's not even an extreme stretch, it looks perfectly safe to me (I've seen 205's on an 10-11in wheel, THAT is unsafe). As far as performance, the tires will actuall have less sidewall flex now and be more responsive, but the change is probably not even very noticable either way.

And please, this is not "pimp my ride". They're called wheels, not "rims".

To the owner: Looks good. It's nice to see more people who don't just buy regulation width and offset, and know that "recomended" rarely means best when it comes to wheels. Everyone else seems to be content with their sunken battleships.

Last edited by boro240; 03-21-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2006 | 05:34 PM
HXS
Originally Posted by boro240

Old 03-21-2006 | 07:46 PM
|
Originally Posted by boro240
How is that uneven? You're not making sense. That's not even an extreme stretch, it looks perfectly safe to me (I've seen 205's on an 10-11in wheel, THAT is unsafe). As far as performance, the tires will actuall have less sidewall flex now and be more responsive, but the change is probably not even very noticable either way.

To the owner: Looks good. It's nice to see more people who don't just buy regulation width and offset, and know that "recomended" rarely means best when it comes to wheels. Everyone else seems to be content with their sunken battleships.
VERY WELL PUT. I appreciate the compliments. It may not be everybodies cup of tea......but it sure fills mine. Im very content with my wheel choices and have no regrets. Sometimes you have to be different to set yourself apart from others; being like most people and getting the recomended set up for the car is just boring. The G has the lines and the perfect body for a nice wide stance set of wheels, and choosing the right ones can sometimes totally change the whole attitude of the car. In person the wheels are phenominal. Choosing the correct tire width can be difficult, but in my case i knew my limits, 275 would be the perfect stretch, 285 width with this offset would possibly cut into my fenders, my fenders were already cut to accomodate my old Volk set up with a 10.5, with the new 11 inch set up, 285 might be pushing the limits, but when its time to purchase new tires, i might go with 285 just to see how it will fit/look; people dont remeber that the lower the offset, the further out the wheel is pushed out towards the fender, stretching the tire is the only way to fit an aggressive wheel set up and wide width

Old 03-21-2006 | 07:57 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
I checked Toyo's site for the Proxies T1-R. For a 275-35-19, the recommended wheel widths are as follows: 9.0-9.5-11.0

He's on the limit but within spec

I do agree that stretching a tire on a wheel that's way too wide is dangerous. I'm suprised that installers even agree to do it at all.

Old 03-21-2006 | 08:03 PM
Heres a lip

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: setting the STANDARD in Lip