Pic request!!!! ADR rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never had a problem with my Axis wheels I've had them for two years they are 19" none staggard they weigh 25lbs each there's other Axis wheels brands as well that are about the same weight the good thing is they advertise the weight of their wheels. I've purchased a set of 5Zigans which are JDM wheels and I've heard nothing but good reviews on them they have a new mesh design wheel I can't place the name but if I were you I would consider them as well along with all the other JDM wheel makers

Old 12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
my 18x8 and 18.8.5 ray's track wheels are forged monoblocks and they are light as f*ck. both are 18.xx lbs and I love them. It might be an acquired look for some, but the performance is definitely making me want to keep them for a while. Did I mention i got a sick deal on them and bought them with new tires for $xxx

edit: price removed for my own personal keepsake

Last edited by G SEDAN; 12-15-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
performance vs. looks has always been a good debate. JMHO, unless you're on the track every weekend (or most) and every 100th of a second matters to you, yes get the lightest wheels you can find. But if you're simply looking for a reasonably priced and good looking wheels for your daily driver, then the ADR is a good option.

As a matter of fact 22.2 lbs is pretty darn good for a cast wheel. Some 19" cast wheels can weigh as much as 28 lbs. The added weight for a daily driver will not hinder performance to the point that will be noticed. I think those ADRs look sweet on the G. I say get them!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
The wheel pimp has spoken! I think the rule of thumb is as long as you keep it around OE weights, you should definitely get what you like as far as look. I mean, that is why you're buying new rims right, for the looks. However, the big 20 inch baller cast wheels with chrome are so heavy you should really steer way from that. The ADR is a good choice.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Socal_G_sedan
Did I mention i got a sick deal on them and bought them with new tires for $xxx

edit: price removed for my own personal keepsake
you got them for **** trade?...

Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Breaking 14.0 on the 1/4 mile in So Cal at 1200+ft with only 5 chances per year and 3 of those being 90+ degrees... or breaking into 8s in the 1/8 mile @ the only other track nearby = the need for light weight wheels... I made it very clear that looks are perfectly fine...

but I won't have time to see them when I'm getting past you to the freeway onramp

My initial comment about weight was only that I don’t see many people asking about it... No point in spending (fill in the blank) amount of money making your car faster if you spend (fill in the blank) more on wheels to negate the gains.

That's all.

Over 20lb wheels would defeat the effort I have put into my car’s performance.

No doubt, I enjoy looking at cool Gs with nice wheels at car shows though

Last edited by OCG35; 12-15-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:20 AM
ok but Im not too sure there are alot of people with sedans going to take there Gs to the track. Correct me if Im wrong but this thread is under "sedan." Theres alot of fast sedan here too, but most of the sedan owners are not going to be participating in the race. JMHO......

Old 12-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35freak86
what would you suggest then for a wheel that won't sacrifice my performance and wallet
You need to decide on how much you want to spend, the size of the wheels, and then narrow the wheels to 2 or 3 that you like and can afford. Its up to you, nobody here can tell you what you will like, what will look good, they can give you suggestions or point you in the right direction. if you like a wheel and think it will look good get it Just my .02

p.s my axis are still available lol

Old 12-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by TIRE_SMOKE96
ok but Im not too sure there are alot of people with sedans going to take there Gs to the track. Correct me if Im wrong but this thread is under "sedan." Theres alot of fast sedan here too, but most of the sedan owners are not going to be participating in the race. JMHO......
I only speak for myself... and the answer is "yes"... make the phucker fast... however, in So Cal there are several other sedan that have the same passion...

Between Gurgen "GurgenPB (So Cal) and Tim "ttrank" (AZ) it's a toss up on which is faster... I'd probably bet on Gurgen... both would rip the tonsils out of most coupes (FI or N/A) and yes they are sedans... I'd go up against about any N/A VQ, Z or G... and yes I'm a sedan... Vlad (Klubheads) and SoCalTed, and DaveO all have very respectable performance N/A sedans (oops sorry Ted, I forgot you just went to the evil side)... There are also Trey who has posted incredibly respectable times at the track, his wife who has held her own, DaveB who understands a sedan is a performance package and can rip the tonsils out of any other VQ, Andy up north that is a true performance enthusiast that from what I have gathered has put together a respectable performer...

Anyway - I suppose I could go on and on... and clearly I don’t know everyone... but the point is, if you think sedan owners aren’t into making their car fast as much as a coupe owner, you are kidding yourself as much as the coupe owner himself… that just about everyone I mentioned will beat in a drag race.

So AGAIN! Please understand... I am not knocking anyone for their reason of choice... I made a plain simple observation and comment that I don't often see the weight question asked... However, I see sh!tloads of sedans asking questions about performance... I’m certain this isn’t the only thread you’ve viewed… there are MANY more threads about performance to the sedan than there are about wheels… My question about weight is valid. Why debate this?

Old 12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by 03Sg35
You need to decide on how much you want to spend, the size of the wheels, and then narrow the wheels to 2 or 3 that you like and can afford. Its up to you, nobody here can tell you what you will like, what will look good, they can give you suggestions or point you in the right direction. if you like a wheel and think it will look good get it Just my .02

p.s my axis are still available lol
I think the guy you just bashed was only responding to my comment about considering weight... you beat him to a bloody pulp with your hammer icon - but he was trying to get me to justify my post... (post #8 & #9)…

Old 12-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Im not

Originally Posted by OCG35
I only speak for myself... and the answer is "yes"... make the phucker fast... however, in So Cal there are several other sedan that have the same passion...

Between Gurgen "GurgenPB (So Cal) and Tim "ttrank" (AZ) it's a toss up on which is faster... I'd probably bet on Gurgen... both would rip the tonsils out of most coupes (FI or N/A) and yes they are sedans... I'd go up against about any N/A VQ, Z or G... and yes I'm a sedan... Vlad (Klubheads) and SoCalTed, and DaveO all have very respectable performance N/A sedans (oops sorry Ted, I forgot you just went to the evil side)... There are also Trey who has posted incredibly respectable times at the track, his wife who has held her own, DaveB who understands a sedan is a performance package and can rip the tonsils out of any other VQ, Andy up north that is a true performance enthusiast that from what I have gathered has put together a respectable performer...

Anyway - I suppose I could go on and on... and clearly I don’t know everyone... but the point is, if you think sedan owners aren’t into making their car fast as much as a coupe owner, you are kidding yourself as much as the coupe owner himself… that just about everyone I mentioned will beat in a drag race.

So AGAIN! Please understand... I am not knocking anyone for their reason of choice... I made a plain simple observation and comment that I don't often see the weight question asked... However, I see sh!tloads of sedans asking questions about performance... I’m certain this isn’t the only thread you’ve viewed… there are MANY more threads about performance to the sedan than there are about wheels… My question about weight is valid. Why debate this?
I agree with you if a owner is into performance then go with lighter wheels. Now I want to keep my car for a very long time so upping the HP too much is out of the question for me. I didnt think you wher knocking anyone, so dont feel that way. I am very aware of plenty of other sedans that are fast.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but the lightest wheels that are jaw droping sexy are also very expensive? I think the OP was looking into light affordable wheels right?

Old 12-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but the lightest wheels that are jaw droping sexy are also very expensive? I think the OP was looking into light affordable wheels right?
Okay, I'll correct you. The answer is no. No one ever mentioned weight until I brought it up... and then it became more of a "why is weight an issue" rather than addressing the weight issue...

Just a quick comment to the "keeping the car a long time" and "not adding hp"... I'm keeping my car too... and when I decide to sell it the next owner will undoubtedly have one of the best cared for cars available... entirely able to be stock if chosen, or fully N/A modified. Frankly, if I was in the market for a car like ours, I would be thrilled to have the car I own... I almost guarantee my maintenance and records and history of this year and model car would drop you jaw.

It is over 3 years old and has just over 36K miles - Hauls @ss with 91 octane with 1 a couple button pushes, hauls more @ss with race gas after a couple other pushes of buttons, will get great economy with 89 octane with a couple other button pushes, and can't be driven faster than 45 or 3.5Krmp with yet a few other button pushes...

I use syth motor and diff gear oil, both changed more often than needed... ATF has been flushed (not needed)... plugs have been changed, yadda, yadda...

Someone with a car like this that cares about performance is almost ALWAYS going to care for the car more than an avg Joe... I would buy a car like mine from someone like me in a heartbeat over a schmuck that didn't care about the thing by driving it stock.

Caring about performance does not = the car not lasting long

What is with this thread? Why all the comebacks about wheel weight and performance sedans?… Do you think I’m a kid phucking up his car or something?… Look at my user name, look at my subscription date (the car was paid for 6 months after that), look at my sig… now please understand – I’m not about messing up a decent car, and not telling anyone what to do with theirs… I started with a viable question/comment and ended up having to defend it for pointless reasons.

Last edited by OCG35; 12-16-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:38 AM
I am not trying to debate with you. I am just as picky as you are about my car. Yes I am aware that you have been a member much longer than I have. So let it go man, I am not debating with you. I fully agree with you. I was just tryin to get the thread back on topic.

ie affordable performance wheels are what the OP is looking into.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:59 AM
I am not trying to debate with you. I am just as picky as you are about my car. Yes I am aware that you have been a member much longer than I have. So let it go man, I am not debating with you. I fully agree with you. I was just tryin to get the thread back on topic.

ie affordable performance wheels are what the OP is looking into.
right... and all I originally stated was:
Originally Posted by OCG35
FWIW, common looking to me... not many seem to care how much wheels weigh though... that would be my first question.
I didn’t take it in the direction it went… I responded to those that took it in a different direction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pic request!!!! ADR rims!