Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
Dear Mike,

I hate you.

Love,

Aaron
LOL - who knows, it might look like **** when its done I hope not.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Can't wait to see what you get done Mike. I plan to shave my trunk and do a molded lip one of these days.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by 4drmadness
Mike, lol, i seriously wanna know how much ur gona drop on your g after its completed.
I'm not sure it will ever be "complete"... there are still several things I want done... for some reason my G mods are like tattoos... by the time the one I'm working on is done I already have the next one or two planned...

I used to keep a log and tally everything up... it was line itemed by maintenance, performance and aesthetics... I haven’t kept up with it in a long time, got stacks of invoices and performance documents sitting waiting for me not to be sooo lazy.

So to answer your question, I have no idea other than more than reasonable... and more to come.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Can't wait to see what you get done Mike. I plan to shave my trunk and do a molded lip one of these days.
nice! If you like the way mine ends up, they have more similar - and you're close to them.... The engine bay might be ready sooner than I thought (still a ways out though) - hopefully you'll be available for your photo-magic!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:09 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
nice! If you like the way mine ends up, they have more similar - and you're close to them.... The engine bay might be ready sooner than I thought (still a ways out though) - hopefully you'll be available for your photo-magic!
Cool, sounds good.

I know you've been wanting to take some photos at a beach location overlooking the water. I was looking through Traction magazine at the tire shop a couple of ago and saw a sweet location right on the water and I'm pretty sure it is in Malibu. I just have to figure out if that spot is open to the public, I'll let you know.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
depending on how yours look I'm gonna see if I love it enough to want one too (hope you don't mind).

If i get mine done i'll probably leave a portion of it unpainted, exposing the carbon fiber....so it wont be 100% copying you

Old 01-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Came with the car.. Seems like your more into lips than spoilers anyway

Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by AceG35X

damn bro.....don't like to point out the flaws, but your G looks like it's wearing a thong or something. That long thing on the rear bumper has got to go!!!!! what is that?!?!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahahahahhaha wow... i've got some comments about that but it being a thong is the best comment so far.. sigh... the car came from a New York driver.. they get into fender benders there every day.. suppose to save my bumper from nicks and scratches.. dont worry ill take it off.. hahahh thong...

Old 01-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by 4drmadness
Mike, lol, i seriously wanna know how much ur gona drop on your g after its completed.
Originally Posted by OCG35
I'm not sure it will ever be "complete"... there are still several things I want done... for some reason my G mods are like tattoos... by the time the one I'm working on is done I already have the next one or two planned...

I used to keep a log and tally everything up... it was line itemed by maintenance, performance and aesthetics... I haven’t kept up with it in a long time, got stacks of invoices and performance documents sitting waiting for me not to be sooo lazy.

So to answer your question, I have no idea other than more than reasonable... and more to come.
I should clarify my response in blue – that pertains to all the things I’ve done to the car, some of it was the worse bang for buck ever – but I’m not at all referring to Auto Explosions work – in fact, they have been worth every penny!

4drmadness, I’m not sure if your question was about the total cost of the G mods or just whats being done now…

Old 01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Cool, sounds good.

I know you've been wanting to take some photos at a beach location overlooking the water. I was looking through Traction magazine at the tire shop a couple of ago and saw a sweet location right on the water and I'm pretty sure it is in Malibu. I just have to figure out if that spot is open to the public, I'll let you know.
Grant and I found a great place (probably the same one you found, so keep it secret ) - we need to go back because the shots we got before were poorly sunlit - the plan was to go this weekened when the sun is in right location (then the stupid bumper mistake, which is why the car is in the shop to begin with)...

Once the body work is done, I will be getting together with grant again to do the beach shots (already set up with him)... but in the mean time I'm working on some engine bay stuff... so when all that is behind me I'd like to get together with you for some shots

Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
hahahahahhaha wow... i've got some comments about that but it being a thong is the best comment so far.. sigh... the car came from a New York driver.. they get into fender benders there every day.. suppose to save my bumper from nicks and scratches.. dont worry ill take it off.. hahahh thong...
I'm sorry.....it's a G-String

Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
depending on how yours look I'm gonna see if I love it enough to want one too (hope you don't mind).

If i get mine done i'll probably leave a portion of it unpainted, exposing the carbon fiber....so it wont be 100% copying you
I dont mind at all... in fact, it would be cool to see your variation

Old 01-08-2009, 12:51 PM

I'm personally looking for more of a lip, but all options are appreciated! Thanks for your contribution The more pics and info we have in this thread, the better for people looking for ideas in the future.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts

I'm gonna copy Mike 100%! Even paint the lip DG!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pic Request: Trunk Lip/Trunk Spoiler