Very big expensive boo boo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2009 | 03:23 AM
|
Very big expensive boo boo

Ok on tuesday night I was driving this girl home that I met from my brother's wedding on saturday for a nice way to end the night after our date when all of a sudden this douche bag hits my car in the rear right side. He hit my car so hard that my tire locks up on me and my car begins to fishtail. Fortunally for me when I was ten, my dad put me in racing. So I had the experience to avoid the three cars that were around me on the freeway and as I was beginning to regain control, we both hear a loud boom kinda noise and all of a sudden I lost total control and she begins screaming at the top of her lungs and I couldn't do nothing no matter what I tried as the car just spun around. Due to the fact of flipping a car over once when I was 17 while competing I know what are the signs that a car is about to roll over and I began to start noticing that my car was acting in the same way as it did when I rolled over before. Lucky for me my car hit the barrier on the right rear corner of the car and my front right side hit as well and my car just scrappes along the barrier for a bit. I was actually happy about hitting the barrier because if I didn't, my car would have rolled over and it could have ended being a really bad accident. Anyway, the guy takes off and I saw that everyone came to a direct stop so I was able to turn my car around which I got in **** for by the cops but I was like what's the problem, I just didn't want something worse to happen. Anyway, I didn't get any ticket and the other cop is like don't worry we'll catch him because there are cameras on the freeway so we can see what actually happened. I was like okay but the cop didn't give me no report/ no info were to contact him, nothing. Well the next day I called my insurance to make a claim and the guy starts saying that I am at fault because it's just my word and that I don't have a report so there isn't any proof and I got all pissed off and I told him no proof just go to the police, and he says it doesn't change the fact because in the insurance company way of seeing things I am at fault because the other guy didn't lose control like WTF. And I just want to know if anyone can confirm this or is this guy just bull****ting and trying to pull a fast on me? Also do I have the right to ask for genuine infinity parts to fix my car because the adjuster is saying that they don't need to because my car is from 03. I was like ok but I explained to him that I still have warranty for it, and he then changed his story and starts saying that my policy doesn't have coverage for genuine parts.

The damage to my car doesn't look that bad but it is. Not only does it include exterior body work on the right side but also on the rear and front suspension. My frame also needs to be re-straighten because it sorta got misalligned. My rear suspension is completely trashed. It actually snapped in half which what was the loud boom we heard and the one in the front is badly damaged as well. Both rims and tires are damaged and so is the the front rotor as you can see in the pic. But weirdly my airbags didn't deploy which in turn made me lucky because if they had, the airbags alone cost $16,000 to replace which made my jaw drop and the mechanic said that I was very lucky or else that alone would have made my car a writeoff.

Attached Thumbnails Very big expensive boo boo-modifieddsc00965.jpg   Very big expensive boo boo-modifieddsc00964.jpg   Very big expensive boo boo-dsc00966.jpg   Very big expensive boo boo-dsc00968.jpg   Very big expensive boo boo-dsc00967.jpg  

Old 11-13-2009 | 03:42 AM
Sorry to hear this man! Hope you get it figured out

the airbags alone cost $16,000 to replace <------ Really? Did not know this...

Old 11-13-2009 | 03:44 AM
16 grand to replace and airbag sounds like bs to me.

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:49 AM
Sounds real fishy. As if your insurance doesn't want to cover for you at all. Try to stay in touch with the police and see what they have on footage as well as go get it reported properly. Regards to your insurance you can always try to speak to a supervisor or manger. Good luck

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:54 AM
i have airbags FOR SALE. pm me. 15k

Old 11-13-2009 | 08:42 AM
I do know that the airbags are pricey, but $16k does sound a bit steep. Sorry to hear about your wreck. Your car might be salvaged after that.

Old 11-13-2009 | 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by David.A.C.
and the mechanic said that I was very lucky or else that alone would have made my car a writeoff.
Lucky - you would want that car to be a write off. With that sort of damage, it would be better to get a check from the insurance company and move on.

Your mechanic and insurance company are talking out of there asses. You need to get the report completed by the police, get witnesses (if possible), get the girl you were with to provide a formal statement, and then get the highway video if possible.

Old 11-13-2009 | 10:26 AM
Man, so sorry to see this. If the damage is as you described it I would hope for a total loss.

Old 11-13-2009 | 10:32 AM
X
airbags are about 1000 each... including install...

If you have an 03... book value im guessing is gonna be in the 10-12k. It may not look that bad but who knows how much damage there is that cant be seen. Looks like there are atleast a few thousand in body work also... They might actually declare the vehicle a total loss. In that case they will write you a check and send you on your marry way. If they decide to fix it, make sure to get "diminished value compensation". Basically if you are in an accident and it is not your fault... since it is repaired it will not be worth as much as a vehicle that has a clean record, so you should receive some money from the other party.

make sure to follow up on the police report

Old 11-13-2009 | 10:58 AM
-MN G Crew-
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
^+1 i have a feeling your car is going to be totalled regardless.

Old 11-13-2009 | 01:25 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Reading the OP made my head hurt. I smell something and it smells like BS.............

$16,000 for airbags? hahahahahahahahahaha

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:12 PM
I have my driver's air bag replaced under warranty. The dealership told me it was ~$3K for the part alone. No way to verify this, but this is what they told me for the driver's airbag alone.

We have what? 8 airbags? If they ALL popped, i could see this being an expensive fix.

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:16 PM
Dealer lied mustang. O Hella OEM just order his O hella JDM steering wheels cover with the airbag and it cost like $350

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:47 PM
did your rotor really break off a chunk? wow glad your alright

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:54 PM
If your frame is bent, sell/ donate the car. If the frame bends, thats some serious damage and it's nothing but problems galore going forward. I would just get another car for $10-16k on craigslist!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very big expensive boo boo