Very big expensive boo boo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009 | 10:22 AM
Back in SD**
Premier Member
^^^ Sorry about that Ace. Didn't mean to seem brash. I've seen a lot of people call a car crap because it crumples (myself included). Now that I know better, it irks me. Sorry about that.

Old 11-18-2009 | 06:27 PM
All good my man, I just wanted to clear up that fact that i know our cars aren't crap.. its a good thing that they crumble up like that ... probably why i didn't get hurt at all.. heh just saying that if you hit something even at a low speed, expect alot of damage.. well visual damage.. its never gonna look pretty.. and you aren't gonna say "I thought it was gonna be worse" lol

Old 11-18-2009 | 11:01 PM
|
Okay first things first. I was told by my mechanic (who is an old family friend) that yes the airbags alone would make my car a write off because he said that if they had deployed it would cost up to $16000 to repair it but that is including labour though. Second, the frame was bent but it is fixable and I shouldn't have any problems in the future from what he told me. The whole situation has been resolved about me being at fault. I wasn't considered at fault. Anyway, about scrapping my car though, I don't want to. I have owned two other cars in my name but this is the first one that I actually got myself with no help at all. First one was a 04 acura rsx type s and i owned that one for about 4 months when I was 17 until I let my cousin drive it and he blew the motor and also smashed it. Still trying to figure out how he was capable of that. My second was a 2000 bmw 328i sedan until to be honest i got pissed off with it. It gave me more headaches than it was worth. The RSX was a present except for the bmw, my parents just helped pay for half of it. But my g35 i purchased it on my birthday and it was a present from me to myself. And so far I love this ****ing car, i swear it was made for a person like me. It has enough power to make some guys think twice about trying to make me look stupid especially when i go track it sometimes man it's quick for a sedan, and it's still only stock. But at the same time, it's a clean looking luxurious sedan at the same time. When i begin modifying it though, it's going to be lethal. Drop in some twin turbos, put in some nice rims and drop it likes it hot(but properly done of course) with a nice nismo kit or kurookie and that car will be smoking. And besides I really don't care about resale because there is only two ways I am getting rid of that car. Either it dies in my hands or I smashed it beyond repair. And I am not counting on the second one.

Old 11-19-2009 | 12:23 AM
no offense get a check from the insurance company and get aftermarket parts. and pocket the change. My cats alone were going to be 958 each from the dealer and my high flow ones were 500 and some change for both.....

Old 11-19-2009 | 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by David.A.C.
Either it dies in my hands or I smashed it beyond repair. And I am not counting on the second one.
It already is the 2nd one.

If the unibody structure is bent, argue to total. I've seen cars repaired that were never the same. They have phantom creaks and other issues that randomly pop up. It's not like it's a rare car. Take the cash, total the car and go buy an unwrecked one.

Old 11-19-2009 | 10:20 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
It already is the 2nd one.

If the unibody structure is bent, argue to total. I've seen cars repaired that were never the same. They have phantom creaks and other issues that randomly pop up. It's not like it's a rare car. Take the cash, total the car and go buy an unwrecked one.
He's absolutely right. I know you're sentimentally attached to it... I was like that with my 94 Trans-Am. I had put a lot of work into it, and brought it a long way. But I took the money and bought a 2000 that was a 6 Speed and WS6 instead of the AT 94. The 2000 ended up being a better car with less problems.
If there is any frame damage, you don't want it anymore. My cousin was T-Boned in a tC, they should have totaled the car, but stupid insurance decided to fix it instead, the car never was right after that. Always stupid creaks, alignment problems, wheel bearing problems, he had to have the side repainted twice... it's just not worth going through all that.

Old 11-19-2009 | 03:22 PM
^^+1 .. not worth the hassles and problems that are gonna await you... Everything comes to an end.. just be happy they made thousands of G35/37s