First K2 Front on a Sedan!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by shanesg
new pics are better, i would def find away to integrate the oem grill, the integrated one just isn't cutting it imho!!!
^+1

Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
^+1
Yea I'm definitely gonna do this. As soon as I put the K2 on my car, I knew something wasn't quite right. I think on the coupe the integrated grill looks good, but the sedan's hood shape is different and it just doesn't flow the same.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyWay
Yea I'm definitely gonna do this. As soon as I put the K2 on my car, I knew something wasn't quite right. I think on the coupe the integrated grill looks good, but the sedan's hood shape is different and it just doesn't flow the same.
this is critical - and is why the Gialla doesnt look as good on a sedan as coupe... the top of coupe is curved upward where the sedan (particularly 03-04) is straight across... the K2 is not going to look the same with OEM grille as the coupe does for the same reason.

As for this bumper, if it were me I'd try to fabricate something entirely different... an optional grille is one thing sedan is still lacking in... I have some ideas but haven't been able to get them done yet.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
definitely do something to the grill. the hood has such rolled, tapered edges and as soon as it hits the bumper it clashes in the grill area. It's like a long valley that the eyes are naturally attracted to the first thing you take a look. If you can't do custom the OEM imo is the next best thing. It will be the piece to join the two together.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
this is critical - and is why the Gialla doesnt look as good on a sedan as coupe... the top of coupe is curved upward where the sedan (particularly 03-04) is straight across... the K2 is not going to look the same with OEM grille as the coupe does for the same reason.

As for this bumper, if it were me I'd try to fabricate something entirely different... an optional grille is one thing sedan is still lacking in... I have some ideas but haven't been able to get them done yet.
Ok if the oem grill isn't gonna do it, then what did you have in mind? I would love to do something completely new with the grill, sketch up some of your ideas and let's figure something out.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Ok if the oem grill isn't gonna do it, then what did you have in mind? I would love to do something completely new with the grill, sketch up some of your ideas and let's figure something out.
I didn't say the OEM wont work... I meant, it isn't going to look like the coupe (that was referenced in the pic)... OEM grille is everywhere, since we dont really have options - I think since this is a new bumper, a new grille-look would be cool.

I'll eventually get the ideas I have done... but I'd rather be the first - so they are secret for now

Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I didn't say the OEM wont work... I meant, it isn't going to look like the coupe (that was referenced in the pic)... OEM grille is everywhere, since we dont really have options - I think since this is a new bumper, a new grille-look would be cool.

I'll eventually get the ideas I have done... but I'd rather be the first - so they are secret for now
I know what you meant, but if your going to hog all your ideas nothings going to get done

Old 03-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
If you can do the OEM grill, I'd go that route. Just to give you an idea I photoshopped my Kenstyle to delete the bar and the fog lights. It would look similar to this..

Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I know what you meant, but if your going to hog all your ideas nothings going to get done
I'd have to back up Mike on this one...there's a reason why we keep things a secret, so that others don't do it and we're the first, and it makes our car unique....which is why I never told anyone about doing the Kenstyle bumper on the sedan. I would have done the Impul but I think Tim (ttrank) had already started it and don't know if he finished or not, but I'm glad I went with the Kenstyle..completely fits my theme...point is, we all want to do little things here and there to make our cars stand out from one another.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:42 PM
are you f-ing serious

you give me attitude about not disclosing what I might do for a grille ...

good luck with your project ~

Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
I'd have to back up Mike on this one...there's a reason why we keep things a secret, so that others don't do it and we're the first, and it makes our car unique....which is why I never told anyone about doing the Kenstyle bumper on the sedan. I would have done the Impul but I think Tim (ttrank) had already started it and don't know if he finished or not, but I'm glad I went with the Kenstyle..completely fits my theme...point is, we all want to do little things here and there to make our cars stand out from one another.
at least someone gets it...

Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
If you can do the OEM grill, I'd go that route. Just to give you an idea I photoshopped my Kenstyle to delete the bar and the fog lights. It would look similar to this..

Awesome! I've been wanting someone to do that for me! I really like it, but I kinda like what oc's been saying. This is a brand new option for the 1st gen sedan, it kinda needs a brand new grill. If I can't figure out something totally kick ***, then I'll go with the oem. Thanks

Old 03-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
like that bumper alot ..

only thing i dont like .
is the mesh on top n bottom .. yukkk ..

Old 03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by IMA-G-RIDER
like that bumper alot ..

only thing i dont like .
is the mesh on top n bottom .. yukkk ..
Don't worry, mesh will be changed

Old 03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I haven't posted a new photo of my car in 3 months hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First K2 Front on a Sedan!!