350GT-R's updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.PotatoHead
looks great! havnt talked to you in a while. I saw your car on 6th and washington a few weeks ago. I was wondering who it was. haha
where were you!!?! i didnt even see you! i was with the fiance eating at pho ha
this one guy was mad because we took the closest spot... looked like he wanted to kill us... so sad... hey, hey, hey!! there's a meet tonight at south jersey wanna go?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it gonna be a bright purple or a dark purple? the purple in the picture looks good with the all black

Old 05-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 350GT-R
welps, updates:

didn't go to sleep until 6am this morning. me and the fiance and friends custom made our new............ CATS!!! didn't run it yet... so i dont know how it sounds... lol please be posted for videos. i have to bother him for recording ^-^
How'd you make cats? :x

Old 05-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Puple lip is ill !! Do it !!

Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
where were you!!?! i didnt even see you! i was with the fiance eating at pho ha
this one guy was mad because we took the closest spot... looked like he wanted to kill us... so sad... hey, hey, hey!! there's a meet tonight at south jersey wanna go?
south jersey?? nah maybe next time I got class in the morning. thanks tho. We should def meet up one day tho.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Just wondering is the piping diameter the same as the nismo extension? Also did you have to get custom hangers put on or it bolted on easily? Another question what kind of y-pipe is that? Sorry for all the quesitons lol

Old 05-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Sound clips!! That looks nice!

I see a ghost holding a box. (4th pic)

Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by dsmmyth
How'd you make cats? :x
i went through kinetix cats, berks, and etc. it's sounds bad with this exhaust setup. drone and back pressure is awesome, but way too raspy. so im putting back the stock cats, it's sounded way much better. the custom cats were built with the 3 bolt flange on the top to line up with the headers, 2 bolt on the exit to go with the y-pipe, the mid section was a 2.5 or 3in piping with a resonator. basically the resonator is made out of steel mesh with steel wool inside to maintain a quiet sound, but that didn't help. i like the stock cats because it have a filter on top, steel wool in the middle, and filter on the exit. the sounds of stock cats with any straight pipe exhaust systems sounds the best.

low rpm is good, but when you're going high rpms, it sucks. i felt a better response but other than that, it sounds nasty. for track it's perfect, so daily driving alarms everywhere goes off.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Bestswat
Just wondering is the piping diameter the same as the nismo extension? Also did you have to get custom hangers put on or it bolted on easily? Another question what kind of y-pipe is that? Sorry for all the quesitons lol
the piping diameter is all 3in, the nismo is 3in also and the one i built is 3in. basically is like i rebuilt my straight pipe again but more flanges.

hanger are basically long metal bars like you can buy at home depot. you have to torch it in order to bend to the shape you want and just jam it to the rubber hanger thing. i didnt have to get any hangers because the agency power one lines up with the original are for your resonator use to be. after the mid pipe you need to make an extension also, probably 5in-7in depend on how much tip you want to extend out.

the y-pipe is custom 3in steel piping. i bought about 2 or 3 UJ bends from vibrant and cut and rotate ion pieces to get that shape of clearance for the front diff i guess that is since it's awd. for the rwd the y-pipe is a bit narrow for the awd you need more clearance up front. UJ bends runs about 40-80 each and welding and stuff is just labor and time consuming.

after the exhaust is install drive for about 1k and the drones cool down and the purr from the coupe and 350z comes alive. you'll love it. i guarantee!!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by hound138
Sound clips!! That looks nice!

I see a ghost holding a box. (4th pic)
thanks, i looked at the photo and didnt see what you're talking about. all i see is boxes of parts stacked up on the sr20 motor that's it. lol probably was the twin turbo boxes for the 300zx or the supra they're working on. the car next to it they were fixing is a VIP style m35/45 he's on here also.

i will post videos how it sounds like with aftermarket cats and with stock cats.
just need to find a day to bother the fiance. ^-^

Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
south jersey?? nah maybe next time I got class in the morning. thanks tho. We should def meet up one day tho.
we should def meet up. remember this, we are still fighting to see which one has the best sedan in philly. i guess we're like the only two in philly that mods the sedan. lol

Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gusc35
Is it gonna be a bright purple or a dark purple? the purple in the picture looks good with the all black
i was thinking more like powdercoating them. the powder coats that i see were dark purple like the one you see in the photoshopped image. but now, im thinking about not doing it. lol maybe after i get more wheels. hahahha

Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 PM
we should def meet up. remember this, we are still fighting to see which one has the best sedan in philly. i guess we're like the only two in philly that mods the sedan. lol
Best Sedan in philly?? come on, We both know its mine. jk, yeah we should def meet up sometime. I got an HKS exhaust installed not too long ago. I am curious to see how yours sound as well.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Best Sedan in philly?? come on, We both know its mine. jk, yeah we should def meet up sometime. I got an HKS exhaust installed not too long ago. I am curious to see how yours sound as well.
pssssh.... it's mine you know it. lol
i dont want to let anyone hear it until i get the stock cats back on. it makes borla and magnaflow want to go back to the drawing board. lol

which hks? the dual tip or the single canister from the coupe?!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:03 AM
before i record how it sounds with the cats and then replacing with the stock ones. this is the best example of how it sounds like right now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350GT-R's updates