350GT-R's updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 350GT-R
the piping diameter is all 3in, the nismo is 3in also and the one i built is 3in. basically is like i rebuilt my straight pipe again but more flanges.

hanger are basically long metal bars like you can buy at home depot. you have to torch it in order to bend to the shape you want and just jam it to the rubber hanger thing. i didnt have to get any hangers because the agency power one lines up with the original are for your resonator use to be. after the mid pipe you need to make an extension also, probably 5in-7in depend on how much tip you want to extend out.

the y-pipe is custom 3in steel piping. i bought about 2 or 3 UJ bends from vibrant and cut and rotate ion pieces to get that shape of clearance for the front diff i guess that is since it's awd. for the rwd the y-pipe is a bit narrow for the awd you need more clearance up front. UJ bends runs about 40-80 each and welding and stuff is just labor and time consuming.

after the exhaust is install drive for about 1k and the drones cool down and the purr from the coupe and 350z comes alive. you'll love it. i guarantee!!
Thanks for the info I appreciate it, Im looking at the Kakumei y-pipe that is meant for an fx35 awd. Wondering if it should fit, it has similar bends to the HR y-pipe The inlets are 2.5" and the outlets are 3". Which would be ideal so it dumps into the 3" nismo extension. http://www.infinitiscene.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577 post#8

So you are saying I need another extension on top of the nismo extension?

Test pipes,Kakumei y-pipe,nismo extension,agency midpipe, custom extension?,then agency muffler.

^Is that correct?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bestswat
Thanks for the info I appreciate it, Im looking at the Kakumei y-pipe that is meant for an fx35 awd. Wondering if it should fit, it has similar bends to the HR y-pipe The inlets are 2.5" and the outlets are 3". Which would be ideal so it dumps into the 3" nismo extension. http://www.infinitiscene.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577 post#8

So you are saying I need another extension on top of the nismo extension?

Test pipes,Kakumei y-pipe,nismo extension,agency midpipe, custom extension?,then agency muffler.

^Is that correct?
okay. now this is her fiance, since she is stuck at work.

the pipe for the fx35 might not work. we also messed with it. if it lines up that perfect, but the flanges that connects to the test pipe will have to be rotate to fit, meaning cut, rotate, tack weld and then fully welded. the aftermarket cats imo i just took it off, i went back to the stock cats since you're messing with a straight pipe set-up. extremely loud, drones like a MF and raspier than a civic with a fart can. and yes, you need another extension after the mid pipe.

so the setup i have right now is this:
custom headers (2.5inlet 3in outlet), stock cats, custom y-pipe (3in), nismo extension(3in), AP mid pipe (3in), custom angled extension (3in) and then the AP axel back.

i just got off the phone with Mr.Potatohead and by next week i should have videos recorded and uploaded AND our photoshoot of both our babies. lol
hope these are useful informations.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^So If i kept the stock cats I would not have to rotate the flanges(assuming the y- pipe is even able to clear the transfer case)?

Ahh I see the extra extension you are talking about, I thought it was the same nismo extension in all the pictures and then i realized that the mechanic's head is in one spot the whole time.

You by any chance have any other close-ups of that angle extension and how long did you make it? I see that you said 5-7 inches but yours came out perfectly so just wondering the exact length you went with. Also i cant really see the angle, looks pretty straight from the pics you posted.

The information is more than useful, im so willing to do this just want to gather as much knowledge as possible.

Last edited by Bestswat; 05-27-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts

this is how i want to redo my wheels.

so what do you think of a girl driving this in PA? so far i only know one other sedan in philly who mod his.

-liz
That really depends on how the girl driving it looks... but it does make a hot girl even hotter in my book!

Old 05-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bestswat
^So If i kept the stock cats I would not have to rotate the flanges(assuming the y- pipe is even able to clear the transfer case)?

Ahh I see the extra extension you are talking about, I thought it was the same nismo extension in all the pictures and then i realized that the mechanic's head is in one spot the whole time.

You by any chance have any other close-ups of that angle extension and how long did you make it? I see that you said 5-7 inches but yours came out perfectly so just wondering the exact length you went with. Also i cant really see the angle, looks pretty straight from the pics you posted.

The information is more than useful, im so willing to do this just want to gather as much knowledge as possible.
here is the stock cats to custom y-pipe to nismo extension:

here is the custom extension (buy a 3inch diameter pipe and (2) 3inch flanges "ask them for the two bolt version.") before the axel back:

Old 05-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
That really depends on how the girl driving it looks... but it does make a hot girl even hotter in my book!
not actually. it's the girl that makes the car looks sexier.
think about it. a scion TC, a guy driving, in your head.. "god damn ricer, i bet he thinks he's f***ing cool."

a girl driving: you know damn right you keep staring at her and the car, and you'll either rev like a ricer or follow her on the lane beside. don't tell me your not like that.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 PM
not actually. it's the girl that makes the car looks sexier.
think about it. a scion TC, a guy driving, in your head.. "god damn ricer, i bet he thinks he's f***ing cool."

a girl driving: you know damn right you keep staring at her and the car, and you'll either rev like a ricer or follow her on the lane beside. don't tell me your not like that.
I see very nicely fixed up cars all the time...

If I see some hottie in a nice car and get beside her at a light, well, I'm not there for the car...

If I see a guy in a Celica or tC... well -

Q: What's the hardest part about driving a tC (or Celica)?

A: Telling the rents you're gay!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
ewwww... looks like a car having it's period.. lol
im not feeling the look of that car. it's like following a civics trend IMO. if your in philly, you'll see a billion of those style wheels. i just want something different.
lol indeed.

I'm not a huge fan of the spoiler on the sedan, but your car pulls it off. I'm digging the powdercoated barrels too, looks pretty dope if you go that route. An anodized purple would be sick too.

One of my fav sedans.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
lol indeed.

I'm not a huge fan of the spoiler on the sedan, but your car pulls it off. I'm digging the powdercoated barrels too.
thank you for the compliment!! i like the spoiler. it's good for opening the trunk. HAHAHAHAHHA

edit: you need to tell mr.potatohead also. i told him mine looked better. hehehe

Last edited by 350GT-R; 05-27-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I see very nicely fixed up cars all the time...

If I see some hottie in a nice car and get beside her at a light, well, I'm not there for the car...

If I see a guy in a Celica or tC... well -

Q: What's the hardest part about driving a tC (or Celica)?
A: Telling the rents you're gay!
trust me, if you're living in philly. it's a whole different level of "fixed up" cars. lol. the ones that you see in the light that wants to "go at it" or think they are "vin diesel" are the civics and a CRAP load of TC's. and it's so funny that they want to race me instead of my brother and fiance in the coupe. lol

Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of horse power are you running? You said you have mods but I did not see a pic of under the hood!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by mjd240
What kind of horse power are you running? You said you have mods but I did not see a pic of under the hood!
i have mods, just nothing special to show off about yet. the reason why i didnt take any pictures under the hood is.... because... it's dirty? lol!! come on, no one in philly drive around popping their hoods open for anyone. you're only asking for troubles from others. plus, it's probably the same thing that everyone have right now.... i hope... lol

how bout you mister horsepower? what you got special? <--- don't want to sound like a jerk, it's cute/wrong/nasty/ crap i need to rephrase that... if i say it in person. ^-^

Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can peak at my profile if you want. Vortech, headers, pipes, chip, clutch, 398ish horsepower to the wheels. If the dealership had to write a number on the sticker it would be around 450 hp in the engine. It is a fun super car. I live in Maryland and have a very dirty engine also. My intake filter is Black after 6000 miles. Yuck. So like I asked... What is your horsepower and what mods did you do under the hood? You got a good looking ride and I want the big picture.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:09 PM
trust me, if you're living in philly. it's a whole different level of "fixed up" cars. lol. the ones that you see in the light that wants to "go at it" or think they are "vin diesel" are the civics and a CRAP load of TC's. and it's so funny that they want to race me instead of my brother and fiance in the coupe. lol
The import scene started out here in California where people have been racing Hondas since the late 80's, none of that is new to us...

Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 PM
The import scene started out here in California where people have been racing Hondas since the late 80's, none of that is new to us...
i know it started there. that's why i'm stating that it's sad how people act like over here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350GT-R's updates