Some pics of the G sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
cool, do they just pop out with some force and after removing trim? I am still contemplating whether i should paint the b pillars, or wrap them in suede. I feel like i have seen it done both ways on this forum. I would definately go with a satin/matte finish, gloss will look bad.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Ill try and get you the sem part numbers so your on the right path.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35xChicago
cool, do they just pop out with some force and after removing trim? I am still contemplating whether i should paint the b pillars, or wrap them in suede. I feel like i have seen it done both ways on this forum. I would definately go with a satin/matte finish, gloss will look bad.
Matte? His looked glossy in those pics he just posted.. IDK thats why im confused on the paint.. as for the pillars yes popout with quite a bit of force actually but dont worry they wont break.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
The one I used matched the factory black. You don't want gloss.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:25 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
You worried about $1000? When I saw you asking about what would make your car look better I easily came up with over $5000 worth

Ok, I'll ditch all the expensive things I was going to suggest (Shaved door moldings, wheels, bumpers, big brake kit) and just stick to the cheap, and DIYable ones.

And I'll even give you a reason for each one

1. Ditch the rainguards - Those are very JDM VIPish... and your car is not. They're just out of place.

2. Lose the blue calipers and lugs - Brightly colored calipers are for big brake kits, not OEM. Lugs are a nice way to pick up an accent color, but since you don't really have one, black is the way to go.

3. Do an emblems grill in matte black. - DIYable (though some skill is involved) and really cleans up the front.

4. Tint your corners darker - They're not really dark enough (obvious by the fact that an earlier post didn't realize they were tinted at all) They would look better if they matched your taillights.

5. Take off all the CF on the interior and murder the inside as well. Either Piano black or matte black (or a combination of both) Do all the aluminum, fake aluminum and chrome - It will look more clean than the faux CF.

6. Black suede headliner. - Matching matching matching.

That's all for now.

Now if you want to hear my whole long $5G spiel........

Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
You worried about $1000? When I saw you asking about what would make your car look better I easily came up with over $5000 worth

Ok, I'll ditch all the expensive things I was going to suggest (Shaved door moldings, wheels, bumpers, big brake kit) and just stick to the cheap, and DIYable ones.

And I'll even give you a reason for each one

1. Ditch the rainguards - Those are very JDM VIPish... and your car is not. They're just out of place.

2. Lose the blue calipers and lugs - Brightly colored calipers are for big brake kits, not OEM. Lugs are a nice way to pick up an accent color, but since you don't really have one, black is the way to go.

3. Do an emblems grill in matte black. - DIYable (though some skill is involved) and really cleans up the front.

4. Tint your corners darker - They're not really dark enough (obvious by the fact that an earlier post didn't realize they were tinted at all) They would look better if they matched your taillights.

5. Take off all the CF on the interior and murder the inside as well. Either Piano black or matte black (or a combination of both) Do all the aluminum, fake aluminum and chrome - It will look more clean than the faux CF.

6. Black suede headliner. - Matching matching matching.

That's all for now.

Now if you want to hear my whole long $5G spiel........
Definetly dont have 5k to spend on a car right now let alone 1k...Everything on the car I have done myself painted myself put on myself so its been very cheap to get where I am at now.. Have bills to pay and what not.. My corners do look pretty light in the picture not sure why they are darker than that.. Not solid black but they are darker than how they came out in the pics..

Personally I like the CF interior looks nice.. I could paint it all black but then there is no contrast and it kinda gets boring I like the CF. I wont have the blacked out theme forever.. If you read a post of mine earlier I said Im getting kinda sick of the blacked out theme. Planning on switching it up when I get some money. Wanna get some bronze wheels.

The grill is gloss black. Why Matte?? The wheels are gloss black the car is gloss black why matte? I havent done my rear emblems yet in black.. I will get to the suede headliner when I get some extra $$ to order the suede.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 AM
? = 2B || !2B

^Matte on Gloss actually makes a really sick contrast (I know it doesn't sound like it would, but it does)

Look up JohnnyOne's ride and you'll see what I mean.

Also Heist's wheels are matte with a piano black lip and they're

Old 07-20-2010, 12:40 AM
^Matte on Gloss actually makes a really sick contrast (I know it doesn't sound like it would, but it does)

Look up JohnnyOne's ride and you'll see what I mean.

Also Heist's wheels are matte with a piano black lip and they're
Ill take a look.. Also planning on getting an Emblemless grill.

Also if the CF came off the interior. I would just probably paint the interior pieces myself unless a shop is like 50 or 75 bucks to paint that.. But they probably want like 150 to paint the interior pieces and in that case Ill do it myself with rattle can just like everything else on my car is done with

Last edited by toymachine2009; 07-20-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 AM
? = 2B || !2B

^If you do the interior, use my DIY for matte and contact Heist about how to do high-gloss piano black

(My DIY: https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...pictorial.html)

Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 AM
That Matte does look pretty sick not going to lie.. Did you do your whole piece too?? If not you should def finish it off by doing that too..

Although not sure if it would look that good on black interior if even noticeable...

Old 07-20-2010, 01:18 AM
? = 2B || !2B

what "whole piece" ?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
yes, bronze!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:35 AM
what "whole piece" ?
I meant the whole dash where radio and ac controls.. Basically anything aluminum in your car would look sick flat black cause of the contrast with your interior. Which is why I am not sure if it would look good in black interior cause no contrast....but yours I would def do all the silver aluminum in that matte black..

Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 AM
? = 2B || !2B

^I'm in the process of doing it.

I also want to do black suede seat inserts (the perforated part of the seats) to keep that same contrast going.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Now I'm thinking when I do suede headliner whatever black I use to paint parts up there I can paint all the stuff I did with cf overlay same black so the whole interior matches.... Opinion?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of the G sedan