Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New mod... sport paddles on the X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know there's a good chance they removed it as it's not even available as an option, but me wonders if Infiniti left the wiring there for this mod in the EX.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
I just called a mod friendly dealer in the Bay Area(thanks G35papa). I got a good guy on the phone. He knew it was possible, but said that it would void the warranty on anything related to the steering wheel and anything attached to any of those cords, thus something that they wouldn't even attempt to do. My car is a lease...which puts a huge damper on my idea to get this done. I'm so bummed right now you have no idea.
I voided my warranty a week after I got my car... I'm not even a year in and you can see all the **** that I've done. And even in spite of all that, there was only ONE thing that has gone wrong that wasn't covered under warranty, and that was because of a careless mistake where we cut a wire in the main loom.

But seriously though... if you do something like this, what can go wrong other than with the actual install itself? That's like saying that you don't want to drive in DS mode because it will void your warranty.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
I know there's a good chance they removed it as it's not even available as an option, but me wonders if Infiniti left the wiring there for this mod in the EX.
If the car comes with paddles as an option, then chances are the wiring and everything else is there and this is as plug-and-play as it is with the G.

I'm telling you... they offer this with the Journey and the car is pre-wired. The only reason why I can think that Infiniti doesn't offer this as an option on the X is because it undermines the hell out of the Journey.

After all, why would you get the Journey if you have the same exterior and goodies as an option in the X?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would do it myself & not worry about any warentee stuff, I want to see how they could possibly deny a warentee claim due to these, it's 100% designed for the vehicle & within facvtory specs

I think that's bs & just someone that don't want to bother or take any risk doing it for you maybe...

if the ex has a tiptronic type setup with the shifter then these could work, you may have to wire them in yourself & figure out mounting on your own, which might put it out of many guys league, but I think it could be done there too probably

Old 12-12-2007, 08:04 PM
basics people need to understand about warranty is that whatever problem that arises needs to be atributed to your mod w/o question, if its a grey area then its up to the dealer or you can deal with Infiniti. If it is something obviously not caused by your mod then a reasonable dealer would just do the warranty work, but as you know there are lots of weirdo stealerships.. including one in canada which told me there are i quote.. SOOO MANY parts different with the US and Canadian cars that if I want daytime running lights I have to change the main wiring harness......

Old 12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't know if the EX and the Rogue have anything in common, but i drove the rogue over the weekend with the paddle shifters, and they seem a lot cheaper looking than the G's shifter, also it was small and plastic like

Old 12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
basics people need to understand about warranty is that whatever problem that arises needs to be atributed to your mod w/o question, if its a grey area then its up to the dealer or you can deal with Infiniti. If it is something obviously not caused by your mod then a reasonable dealer would just do the warranty work, but as you know there are lots of weirdo stealerships.. including one in canada which told me there are i quote.. SOOO MANY parts different with the US and Canadian cars that if I want daytime running lights I have to change the main wiring harness......
Well we understand... the thing is that there are people like turbocad that just does his own repairs, and there's people like me, who just don't care about the warranty.

If you know what you're doing and you're careful following instructions, then you're never gonna break anything. Installing a mod like a dvd player or something like that, I can see how you'd need a "mod friendly" delaer if something goes wrong. With a mod like this, the odds of something going wrong after they're insalled properly are zero... or about as much as there is with something going wrong with the paddles on the Journey anyway.

But that's your choice though... if you can't live with the uncertainty of probably not been covered under warranty by when something happens, then you're absolutely right and you should try to stay away from mods.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
I don't know if the EX and the Rogue have anything in common, but i drove the rogue over the weekend with the paddle shifters, and they seem a lot cheaper looking than the G's shifter, also it was small and plastic like
If the Rogue has paddles then chances are that the EX will too. I wonder if maybe Nissan is being cheap with the Rogue and using some low-class plastic shifters instead of the magnesium ones that they use on the G...

But regardless... odds are that the EX will be pre-wired too, but you never know. That's even if they offer it as an option instead of them being standard. But either way, the fact that turbocad has paddles on his FX -- where they're not even an option -- should tell you that *anything* is possible.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
I just called a mod friendly dealer in the Bay Area(thanks G35papa). I got a good guy on the phone. He knew it was possible, but said that it would void the warranty on anything related to the steering wheel and anything attached to any of those cords, thus something that they wouldn't even attempt to do. My car is a lease...which puts a huge damper on my idea to get this done. I'm so bummed right now you have no idea.
Just go to a place that installs aftermarket stuff to get it done. It seems simple enough. With respect to warranty, you already disassembled your suspension and put non-OEM lowering springs in your car and you're driving w/ out of spec camber. I'm sure that's much worse than installing some OEM paddle shifters connected to pre-existing OEM wire harnesses, right?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a regular alarm install will do way more damage to your car, ****, almost anything you do to your car is doing more damage than this mod

Old 12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
yups true, this is plug and play and alarm involves splicing soo many wires etc..

Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I really want to do this mod since all I use is the manual mode 24/7 but I'm scared of the warranty stuff.

Something like what if I forget to plug something back in and the airbag doesn't deploy when I need them...

I guess I'll just have to see if more people have success.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by viguera
If the car comes with paddles as an option, then chances are the wiring and everything else is there and this is as plug-and-play as it is with the G.

I'm telling you... they offer this with the Journey and the car is pre-wired. The only reason why I can think that Infiniti doesn't offer this as an option on the X is because it undermines the hell out of the Journey.

After all, why would you get the Journey if you have the same exterior and goodies as an option in the X?
I'm talking about the EX, not the G35x. And the '08 G35x is available with a Sport package that includes everything on the Journey w/ Sport sans the VLSD and the larger brakes.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by viguera
If the Rogue has paddles then chances are that the EX will too. I wonder if maybe Nissan is being cheap with the Rogue and using some low-class plastic shifters instead of the magnesium ones that they use on the G...

But regardless... odds are that the EX will be pre-wired too, but you never know. That's even if they offer it as an option instead of them being standard. But either way, the fact that turbocad has paddles on his FX -- where they're not even an option -- should tell you that *anything* is possible.
Like I said in my previous post, I'm curious to know if this mod will work on the EX but I have my doubts seeing as paddle shifters aren't even offered as an option.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Like I said in my previous post, I'm curious to know if this mod will work on the EX but I have my doubts seeing as paddle shifters aren't even offered as an option.
And like we've been saying, this isn't even an option on the FX, yet you can see turbocad did it in his.

If the car has tiptronic, chances are that you can do this, even if it requires some additional work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New mod... sport paddles on the X