Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Mods - Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Springs - With Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what I don't get. Why is your drop so perfect and even Adrian, while Infin35's is uneven and slammed? Lookes like Infin35 got the DF210's, not NF210's. Or is it the wheels? If I'm not mistaken Adrian, you said you never had to install any spring boosters, correct? I just bought these springs, but I don't want that saggy-*** look.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Adrian told me to hit the gym more, if i wanted to get rid of the saggy *** look. Maybe you should look into it too lol.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:11 PM
hi, Im planning to but Tanabe Medalion...the sound clip is not there and just was curious if i just install these and Fujita intakes how loud it will be..someone said it will be more like coupe sound.any takes on tht

Old 09-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Here's what I don't get. Why is your drop so perfect and even Adrian, while Infin35's is uneven and slammed? Lookes like Infin35 got the DF210's, not NF210's. Or is it the wheels? If I'm not mistaken Adrian, you said you never had to install any spring boosters, correct? I just bought these springs, but I don't want that saggy-*** look.
Yeah, this has been an ares of confusion for quite sometime now. There are several guys claiming to be using the NF210's that have that saggy rear end look, but several others that don't. I believe what has happened is that Tanabe had previously been selling the NF210's that were for the 1st gen cars for the second gen cars and not until December of last year did they release a set of NF210's that are specifically designed for the 2nd gen cars.

Not sure if this is the case with these or not, but that's the only thing I can come up with. I'm not running any kind of spring boosters and my front and rear sit perfectly level.

Originally Posted by Csquared
Adrian told me to hit the gym more, if i wanted to get rid of the saggy *** look. Maybe you should look into it too lol.
LMAO!!! Good point, Clement!!

Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by docaam
hi, Im planning to but Tanabe Medalion...the sound clip is not there and just was curious if i just install these and Fujita intakes how loud it will be..someone said it will be more like coupe sound.any takes on tht
Won't be too loud at all... Just slightly louder than stock. My K&N intake was actually louder than my Tanabe exhaust until I installed the Berk HFC's, now the sounds levels of the intake and exhuast are pretty much in balance.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Yeah, this has been an ares of confusion for quite sometime now. There are several guys claiming to be using the NF210's that have that saggy rear end look, but several others that don't. I believe what has happened is that Tanabe had previously been selling the NF210's that were for the 1st gen cars for the second gen cars and not until December of last year did they release a set of NF210's that are specifically designed for the 2nd gen cars.

Not sure if this is the case with these or not, but that's the only thing I can come up with. I'm not running any kind of spring boosters and my front and rear sit perfectly level.
Yeah A, the ones I got are product number tnf130. It's different than the one they list for the 2nd gens.

Won't be too loud at all... Just slightly louder than stock. My K&N intake was actually louder than my Tanabe exhaust until I installed the Berk HFC's, now the sounds levels of the intake and exhuast are pretty much in balance.
You ever find those tanabe/hfc sound clips?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 PM
The TNF130's should be the right ones.. That's what I'm running.

I'll have to take some new sounds clips, as I can't find the old ones. I'll try and get to that this weekend.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Mine:

Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Look great, man!!! No saggy a$$ for you! WooHoo!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Look great, man!!! No saggy a$$ for you! WooHoo!
its also a Non-X....

Old 09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah, your right. I thought he said it was an X when he PM'ed me.

I'm beginning to wonder if the X does have a heavier rear, because with the progressive rate springs, if I have 2 people in my back seat, my rear end tends to sag a little. Not as much as some of the pics I've seen, but more so than with no extra weight in the rear. Or it could just be poor quality control by Tanabe.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah, your right. I thought he said it was an X when he PM'ed me.

I'm beginning to wonder if the X does have a heavier rear, because with the progressive rate springs, if I have 2 people in my back seat, my rear end tends to sag a little. Not as much as some of the pics I've seen, but more so than with no extra weight in the rear. Or it could just be poor quality control by Tanabe.
My 09 G37X(sedan) Didn't sit this nice after the SAME spring install. I have an old thread here:https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-37-...-too-pics.html <BR>I fixed it, but from the pics you can tell even the FRONT sits a little different.

Weight distribution COULD be an argueable factor, but with the X there's MORE weight in the front (drive axles, shock yolks, etc.), which doesn't explain a HIGHER sitting position

Tanabe is known for decent quality control, so i would rule that out. When it comes down to it. The most logical reason seems to come down to the actual spring mounts. As in how the spring mounts sit in relation to the vertical position of the car's body.

Here's a random picture of my car 2 months ago, just showing how it sits after the fix + Rims. ENJOY

Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
I do not thing the rear is heavier because of the weight distribution. Straight from the infiniti website

Sport/touring 53/47
AWD 55/45

Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I agree that quality control probably isn't the cause here, but Riverside Infiniti states that the rear shocks and springs are the same on the X as on the standard RWD models, so there shouldn't be that much of a difference. I've also seen a post from one X member on here with the Tanabe's where they didn't have the saggy rear.

Btw, your car looks great, Cory!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
I agree that quality control probably isn't the cause here, but Riverside Infiniti states that the rear shocks and springs are the same on the X as on the standard RWD models, so there shouldn't be that much of a difference. I've also seen a post from one X member on here with the Tanabe's where they didn't have the saggy rear.

Btw, your car looks great, Cory!
Thanks!, That's not the most recent pic of my car, i've got the sport lip on there now.

Yea, i've also heard the rear shocks for BOTH are the same. But just for arguments sake, two cars can share the same shock body, and one car can still sit slightly higher based on spring length, rate, and mount specifics(BTW, NOT trying to argue, just invoking ideas). The fact the same shock body is used on both RWD and AWD would lead you to think the suspension arms and shock mounting points in the rear are the same. it could come down to something as simple as a thinner spring mount pad on an X.<BR><BR> The front is pretty straightforward to explain, different shock body, with different mounting styles(2wd-Awd). the same tanabe spring on the front being mounted on 2 different types of coilovers shocks will have 2 different results. The body of the shock determines ride height too, on top of the springs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mods - Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Springs - With Pics