Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

*ARK PERFORMANCE* now for the V36 sedans!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010 | 04:48 PM
Looks great!

Subscribed for updates.

Old 03-18-2010 | 05:35 PM
|
^ Adrian, the prototype should arrive from their headquarter in Korea hopefully in about a month or so. I will update you guys with any additional info once I hear back from ARK.

I am most definitely excited about the release their new exhaust. From what I've seen on the coupe version and also on the 370z, the sound and quality looks incredible!!! I am glad that the sedan guys will have another option for a quality aftermarket catback system.

Old 03-21-2010 | 05:07 PM
Is there any chance that i can get mufflers only?
I would like to fabricated them to fit my Invidia Gemini cat back, those dual muffler design remind me of my old 350z HKS exhaust, which sounds awsome, i would like to get hose mufflers and test them.

Old 03-21-2010 | 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by J2S2M
^ Adrian, the prototype should arrive from their headquarter in Korea hopefully in about a month or so. I will update you guys with any additional info once I hear back from ARK.

I am most definitely excited about the release their new exhaust. From what I've seen on the coupe version and also on the 370z, the sound and quality looks incredible!!! I am glad that the sedan guys will have another option for a quality aftermarket catback system.
Sounds great! Thanks for making this happen and for keeping us updated!

Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
Is there any chance that i can get mufflers only?
I would like to fabricated them to fit my Invidia Gemini cat back, those dual muffler design remind me of my old 350z HKS exhaust, which sounds awsome, i would like to get hose mufflers and test them.
I'm very curious to know this as well! I'm currently using the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with my Tanabe axle back muffler sections, but I'd love to have these mufflers instead!

Old 03-22-2010 | 12:27 AM
|
Maybe Alex can chime in.

Old 03-23-2010 | 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I'm very curious to know this as well! I'm currently using the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with my Tanabe axle back muffler sections, but I'd love to have these mufflers instead!
Does this mean the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe is a direct bolt in to the OEM system? Tanabe is a direct bolt on to the OEM system. If you can bolt in the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with the Tanabe, then you should be able to bolt in the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with the OEM mufflers.

For anyone interested in keeping the OEM look and a bit more sound, this could work. I’d imagine the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with is louder than the stock mid-pipe.

Is my logic flawed? Is the Invidia Gemini Y-pipe the same length as the OEM Y-pipe? That’s the only unanswered question.

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:01 PM
|
I am fairly sure that the stock muffler cannot directly bolt on to an aftermarket x or y pipe b/c the inlet size is definitely different. Most aftermarket systems have 2.25 or 2.5 inch piping whereas the stock piping is much smaller.

IMO the reason why Tanabe's work is b/c it retain the oem mid pipe and just changes the axle-back only which was specifically designed to work w/ oem piping. However, with a bit of custom work you can pretty much make any exhaust fit.

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by 4DOORFUN
Does this mean the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe is a direct bolt in to the OEM system? Tanabe is a direct bolt on to the OEM system. If you can bolt in the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with the Tanabe, then you should be able to bolt in the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with the OEM mufflers.

For anyone interested in keeping the OEM look and a bit more sound, this could work. I’d imagine the Invidia Gemini resonators and X-pipe with is louder than the stock mid-pipe.

Is my logic flawed? Is the Invidia Gemini Y-pipe the same length as the OEM Y-pipe? That’s the only unanswered question.
Well, the main problem with this is that the Invidia resonator mid-pipe and x-pipe assembly stops well short of where the stock and Tanabe mufflers attach, therefor I had to have custom pipes made to run from the outlet of the x-pipe just ahead of the rear suspension to the Tanabe muffler assemblies behind the rear axle. The Tanabe muffler sections also have a reducer section welded on to them that reduces the 60 mm piping to the factory pipe diameter. I had this reducer cut off each muffler assembly, so the whole system is 60mm (or 2-3/8") from the factory exhaust manifolds back. Next time I get the car up on a lift (or jackstands).

Hope this makes sense. It's much easier to understand if you saw it. I will try to take some pics and post them up.

Originally Posted by J2S2M
I am fairly sure that the stock muffler cannot directly bolt on to an aftermarket x or y pipe b/c the inlet size is definitely different. Most aftermarket systems have 2.25 or 2.5 inch piping whereas the stock piping is much smaller.

IMO the reason why Tanabe's work is b/c it retain the oem mid pipe and just changes the axle-back only which was specifically designed to work w/ oem piping. However, with a bit of custom work you can pretty much make any exhaust fit.
Well put! It wouldn't take much custom work to make the stock exhaust work with any mid-pipe assembly if you want to keep the stock look.

Old 03-24-2010 | 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Hope this makes sense. It's much easier to understand if you saw it. I will try to take some pics and post them up.
Thanks for the explantion. It makes sense. I wish we had more bolt on axle back options. So much easier than swapping out from the cats backwards. The car just doesn't need a full exhaust to change the exhaust sound. The performance gains from a full exhaust are so minimal.

Old 03-25-2010 | 04:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
With our system, and the type of sound that it produces you will need our X-Flow Chamber and piping.

Please know that there are alot of factors that come into play when creating the right exhaust tone.

Old 03-25-2010 | 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by teamArk
With our system, and the type of sound that it produces you will need our X-Flow Chamber and piping.

Please know that there are alot of factors that come into play when creating the right exhaust tone.

Is there any chance we can buy the mufflers only?
And btw, what's the difference between dual champer muffler and the other single chambers like FI, Invidia, Tanabe, i know HKS is using dual chamber, and the sound is amazing.
I like their style.

Last edited by G35s-Q8; 03-25-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2010 | 06:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
dual chamber is a say to reduce drone without sacrificing horsepower. Not only HKS uses this technology but many others are jumping on this as well. ie: ASM japan.

and no we do not sell the muffler by itself

Alex

Old 04-07-2010 | 08:02 PM
|
UPDATE: The exhaust will arrive @ ARK in Montclair in less than 4 weeks!!! Can't wait to get it installled!!!

Old 04-07-2010 | 09:12 PM
what kind of damage will this do to my pocket?

Old 04-07-2010 | 09:58 PM
will they have it available for the AWD sedans or is it just for the RWD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *ARK PERFORMANCE* now for the V36 sedans!!!