Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

Yeah, I went to the one on keystone. I will talk to the other one and see what they say. I may just go to Orland Park Infiniti since they are the same distance for me. gotta find some info out about them first.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 01-09-2004, 01:40 PM

I echo RYDW's observations. The Greenwood D & R did a great job with my service requests and Brandon Faulkner was diligent and tenacious in getting my warranty work done. I recommend that you contact him for any future work on your infiniti.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-09-2004, 04:47 PM

Make sure you spread the word about DR North. I don't want anyone else to go through the headaches they have put me through, and the potential damage to our vehicles and hassle as well.

My new mission is to find a dealer that actually values their customers and does good work. So far I have heard recommendations for the greenwood shop and for Infiniti in Orland Park. Orland Park is a tad closer for me, so I will probably go there next time.

My hope is that I can convert any and everyone I know with Infiniti's to going to somewhere else somewhat local to them to get their car worked on instead of DR North. I also filed a complaint with Infiniti Consumer Affairs and that was forwarded to the Regional director at Infiniti that is in charge of Dreyer and Reinbold's dealership. Hopefully they will do something about it.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 01-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you taken your complaints in a letter to the dealership manager? I've got to say they've treated me like more than a king every time I've gone there, but it's because I got a sales guy who valued me and worked as my go-to man and arranged everything for me... I wouldn't dissuade anyone from going, but I'd definitely tell them to be forceful at first to let them know who's boss, just like at any dealership.

Talk to the guys at the dealership and bring your complaints. Just let them know you're dissatisfied and they'll try to ameliorate it. Don't bother with Dan in service, go to Steve, and make sure you get a good tech, as mine would invite me along to drive and recreate any problems I was having. All fixed in a visit.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 01-09-2004, 07:30 PM

I spoke to Scott Kenny directly. He is the one that handled my original order. I also dealt with Karen as my sales person. Karen said she would "go to bat" for me and get things straightened out. She said she would give me a call back. I still have not received a call back from her.

Scott told me when I left there thursday after picking up my car that he would cut me a check for the full cost of that service. To me, this still doesn't eleviate the problem... since none of the work I wanted done was done, nor was the work that they did do, done correctly. However, we will see if he ever even sends me a check.

In regards to who I dealt with. Dan originally set up my work order, and Steve handled me when I dropped off my car. Honestly, Steve was the worst service manager I have ever dealt with. When I brought him out to my car after asking if they had vacuumed and washed it (which he said they did), I lifted up the floor mat and pointed out the dirt that was on the floorboard carpet on the drivers side, passenger side, and both sides in the back as well. Basically, I showed him that for example my work order stated that the car was washed and vacuumed, but that upon inspection, it is obvious that it was not. As for the external washing, if it was washed, they went driving through mud after they were done and didn't let the car dry in any manner before sticking it outside in the sub-freezing weather. The wheels had brake dust on them, there was dirt/mud on the side of the car, the wheels, and the rear deck. The car was much cleaner when it was dropped off than when I picked it up. There was also adittional dirt/dirty water that had dried on the floorboard railing for the door as a result of wet/dirty shoes and getting into the car, to which they said.. "vacuuming won't get that", which is obvious, but it wasn't like that when I dropped it off. Also, looking at the outside of the car in a more detailed manner showed dried soap or salt on the top of the door and on the mirrors, which leads me to believe that it was either not rinsed properly or was taken for another drive after it was washed.

I don't recall the exact mileage on my car when I dropped it off, but it seems as if it was about 20-30 miles or so higher when I got it back. Not sure where they went, but they apparently drove it somewhere... and obviously didn't put gas in it. I made a note of my fuel mileage on my trip over there.. and it was around 23. When I picked it up, my NAV read 17.2 MPG. Not sure if they left it running just sitting there, or drove it around like a bat out of hell.. but it had 120+ miles on it with an average of 23.. got it back with like 160 on it and an average of 17.2... so they were either hot rodding it like mad, or left it sitting running for an extended period of time.

As for which tech worked on it, I have no idea. I told Scott that I walked out to my car and duplicated the rattling in 30 seconds. He apologized and said that he was sorry his techs failed to duplicate it for me. I asked Steve if they would fix the problems on the spot if I duplicated them right then, and he said that there wasn't enough time before the shop closed. I have to drive 2 hours to get there, so obviously I wasn't willing to come back and make another 4 hour round trip visit.

I am glad to hear that you are happy with their service. I am definitely not. It is massively overpriced and lousy quality. I am a mechanics son also, and half of their technical explanations about the car and problems related to the car are completely wrong and all out garbage. They have been unable to even follow the direction in the TSB's for known problems and had to have the correct procedures pointed out to them by me, the customer.

If you do continue to get your vehicle serviced there, I trully hope they never screw up your vehicle like they did mine. There is also a door scuff on my car now that wasn't there when I dropped it off. So yeah, I am definitely not happy.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 01-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I think they've treated me well because they know they'll lose if they don't. I've sent MANY people there to get cars and walked in and plopped down cash for an FX for my mom because I was very impressed with them. My sales guy knows not to p*ss me off.

I believe Dan helped me out when I had my rattles, and I talked to my tech and told him exactly what I heard, and he said "There's a TSB for it-- it's supposed to be installed already on your car, but let me get another kit and double it up, then we'll take a ride." For the record, their "rattle ride" is west on 96th, south on College to about Park Tudor, and back. They then (supposedly) take 465 West to Meridian, then back. I can see why this might add miles to your car...

That sucks that you have to drive two hours for it-- I can undertand and would be more than reasonably upset with them. I'd tell them they'd better come get my car and fix it...

They've changed my oil for $25 the last two times I went in, and haven't charged me a penny for anything else... Something tells me some people that work there just plain suck.

G

Old 01-10-2004, 04:17 AM

My first oil change (3750 mile service or whatever) there was something like $80.

I am not 100% sure how it works, but somehow I don't think they would be willing to come pick up my car with me living 2 hours away. Also, I would want it flatbed trailored, not driven for 2 hours each way by one of their techs, screw that. I also doubt I would get a loaner car if they came and got my car either, but who knows? Are you familiar with the process?

Maybe you have brought them enough business that they treat you extra special. If that is the case, you might want to think a little about recommending to your friends to go through them, because unless they are name dropping.. I bet they would get the same shitty service I get.

The sad part is, they don't realize how much damage they are doing to their business by pissing off car enthusiasts. We share information, and I know that several people are reconsidering their dealership now or will at the least be watching with a much more careful eye.

As for my rattles, according to them.. they never even took it for a drive to duplicate rattles. All they checked was by playing the radio and a cd. I can play 30 seconds of one rap/r&b track and duplicate the rattle. They didn't care enough to fix it after the fact. Go figure.

I plan on calling the dealership on Monday and re-expressing my discontent with the service and further explaining more problems I have found in the performance of the service they provided. Examples of this are, the grease streak tsb was done on my car, the window was completely clear of grease streaks... so i rolled down the window and rolled it back up... and low and behold a THICK solid grease streak. Can we say, check your work after you complete it? Apparently they don't understand that concept.

I have worked on car's since I was like 6. My father used to own an automotive repair shop. One thing I learned at a young age with working on cars is that it is not optional to confirm your work/repairs. A simple mistake, like not tightening a bolt per spec, can result in the loss of life. You don't mess around, you make sure things are done right. While I admit that a grease streak isn't going to *kill* me.. the same rule still applies. Work should always be completed correctly the first time and verified that it was completed correctly.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

"I am not 100% sure how it works, but somehow I don't think they would be willing to come pick up my car with me living 2 hours away. Also, I would want it flatbed trailored, not driven for 2 hours each way by one of their techs, screw that. I also doubt I would get a loaner car if they came and got my car either, but who knows? Are you familiar with the process?"

i was also offered this service and my impression is someone (not sure who) drives it from the dealership to your door. eek. i'll pass. so instead they gave me a pack of these car rental vouchers. did you get those? i haven't used them yet since D&R indy hasn't had issues giving me a loaner.

i'm with geobau. D&R indy has been good to me. sorry to hear you've had such halfa$$ service with them.

ps my first oil change was like $50 without tax. it's strange we have such a range of prices.

good luck with D&R greenwood. jim lloyd is a really nice guy.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 02-11-2004, 07:20 PM

no, i haven't recieved anything from them. since i have to drive so far for service, my appointments are always made long in advance, and both times i have been up there for service, i have gotten an infiniti loaner. the first time, they "forgot" about my appt and had to find a car for me, the second time, they had a car for me, but it was that piece of crap fx.

for that matter, they didn't even have my address right in their computer either. i finally called ICA and had them fix my address since d&r didnt get it right after telling them 3 times. as a result i wasnt getting the satisfaction surveys, my total care card, etc etc. i finally got it all straightened out with ica though, and now have something other than my temp card for the total care service.

one thing i will point out, while you have been happy with them to this point, look at the disparity on the prices alone. that should lead you to believe that something fishy/shady is going on with them. an honorable dealership would charge everyone the same amount, and perhaps throw in some freebies for good customers or do a bit extra for good customers. however, with the oil change for example, geobau paid $25, you paid $50, i paid $80. pretty large gap there.

that alone, even if i had great service with them, would make me leary.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe / 5-wire grounding / Z-Tube / JWT Pop Charger

Old 02-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

$80 for an oil change? Eek. I think mine was during a special or something, I don't recall. They tended to give me some cool deals, though.

G

Old 02-13-2004, 07:46 PM

visions... wow. you're like in some kind of D&R nightmare. as for the oil change, i'm due for another one soon. i'll let you know how much they charged. lol maybe there is some sort of out-of-state fee? oh well, who knows. i think car dealers, in general, are shady, no matter if they have varying charges between customers or not. it's hard to know who to trust these days and auto retail isn't exactly the first place i'd look to find a trustworthy person.

keep your chin up though. things can only get better for you. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2004, 04:13 PM

hehe. yeah, next time they dick me over though, i am looking you up and we are going out for a drink or two. :-p

Old 02-25-2004, 05:15 PM

heh. only the CIA could help you locate me. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 06:59 PM

funny you should mention that...

Old 02-25-2004, 07:38 PM

and by CIA, do i mean...

culinary institute of america, central intelligence agency, or center for illegitimate adoptees? [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy