Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

Hey all, new poster here (take it easy on me )

Anyway, as you can see in my sig, I have an '02 RSX-S. I am getting a new job here soon, one that will afford me the ability to get a new car. FYI, I am getting pretty tired of this car. I'm looking to find a quick, reliable car - the G35 fits my tastes 110%!

Anyway, as far as I know, D&R is the only Infiniti dealer in town. How were your experiences there? Is there anyone in particular I should talk to (salespersons)? Thanks, any advice would be great. I was up there Sun. and there were 0 6MT's on the lot..which kind of stinks. How much do those bad boys go for w/out all the options (spoilers, nav system, etc..)? Like I said, thanks in advance..and hope to see/talk to you all soon as a G35 Coupe owner

2002 NBP RSX-S
Hondata, AEM V2, DC SS adapter w/ metal bushings

Old 10-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Re: Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

Congrats on the new job and good luck with a new car. I think you'll love the G coupe and Infiniti.

I went to D&R in Greenwood. I drive by there everyday and it looks like they have 5 coupes on the lot now. Red, 2 DG, White, Black. I think that 2 or 3 6mt. I don't know options though. I had excellent service there. My service rep was actually the Sales Manager, but I know that there are alot of very nice guys down there. The problem I had with D&R north was that they were a little more, I don't want to say rude or snobbish, but they were I guess. D&R doesn't really deal much though. The sticker is what you're going to get for the most part.

Ryan

03.5 Red w/ Willow G35 Coupe, Premium and Nav
Strictly stock for the time being.

Old 10-14-2003, 04:30 PM

Thank you very much for the advice. I agree with you re: snobish attitudes. I am 25 yrs. old - let's just say I don't get taken too seriously when looking at cars Maybe its my attire on the weekends, I don't know.

BMW has never even wanted to talk to me, which is actually fine. I have yet to try with Infiniti - actually, the best 2 car dealers I've been to thus far has been Ed Martin Acura (bought 2 Acura's in the last few years from them but they have nothing to compete with the G35 Coupe IMO) and Tom Wood Lexus.

Anyway, thanks, I will have to go check out the dealership in Greenwood soon.

2002 NBP RSX-S

Old 10-14-2003, 08:50 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

i got mine from D&R north. i went to indy instead of greenwood b/c i was also looking at bmw and acura, who were also in that 96th/keystone neighborhood. D&R-north were pretty nice for the most part. but then again, i was with my dad and we drove up in the benz. otherwise, i doubt the salesman would've come up to me so quickly if i was alone and in my prelude (haha i got my honda from ed martin and he puts dealership stickers on his cars -- booooo).

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 10-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's all about your salesperson and tech. Get good ones, and you're golden.

I walked in a year ago with tattered shorts and a shirt from Good Will. This is my typical "snooty car shopping" outfit, as I realized when I was coming from work (suit and tie), people sucked up too much, but when I went casually, only those interested in making a personal connection helped me.

Anyway-- I asked one of the techs who his favorite salesperson was and he said "Pat". I went in and who was the first person to walk up to me? Pat Ireland. He introduced himself, answered all my questions thoroughly, and let me go for a test drive by myself. Over the next 6 months, I'd stop by when I was in Indy (going to college out of state) and he always remembered me and would be more than helpful in explaining anything I questioned. I told him up-front I may buy the car in Nashville, and he said "No problem at all- I'm still here to help you, just keep it in the family!"

In May, I walked in and explained I was doing my final test drive. He let me go get an Acura TL-S, bring it on their lot and park it next to a G, then he had D&R bring over a 330xi and parked it there too. I looked at them side-by-side, we discussed the features, and I decided on the G. I explained that I needed it by Friday (it was Wednesday), but they didn't have one on the lot with my features. He traded with St.Louis for my car and got it here when I needed it (a little late-- but looong story). On top of that, I got quite a bit off sticker.

We've since gotten an FX from him (again, way below MSRP) because we were so pleased with the service. Also, my service tech is great- always remembers me, knows what he's done to my car, keeps up on TSBs, and calls me to check up on any work he's done.

Like I said-- a tech and a salesperson. Develop a good rapport with both, and you'll be fine. If you go in, talk to Pat Ireland, just ask at the front desk. The other people I talked to there didn't really make my socks roll up and down, so I stick with him. If you talk to him, tell him I sent you, he'll be on his best behavior.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

basically, if you're at the dealership on a pretty consistent basis, you will be golden as well. i got the same kind of service from ed martin b/c i was always there for the ol' prelude. the more familiar your face, the better off you will be. also personality and people skills sometimes comes into play. i mean if you look at geobau and his posts you can tell he is an outgoing guy and spent 6 months [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img] on his customer relations with the dealer. i hardly have that type of patience or the time so i just stuck it out with the old fashioned haggle-with-the-dealer way and things worked out great. by reading this forum, you're already a step ahead of the next joe schmoe who test drives at D&R north or greenwood.

you'll get a good deal if you play it right. geobau and i got good deals from D&R north, but then again, we both have AT sedans. too bad they don't have coupes at north b/c it'd be a good time for you to test drive it against the acura and bmw (that's what i did), but good luck and have fun finding your coupe in greenwood!

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 10-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

They have coupes-- my buddy just went and drove one a couple days ago. If you walk into the dealership, you'll see a big flip chart that has "G35 coupes" written on it. It usually has about a dozen or so, with 3-4 crossed off as 'SOLD'. What's on the chart is what they have... but keep in mind, they can always trade for your car of choice. Good luck, man!

G

Old 10-15-2003, 09:44 AM

I live south and went north because they have a much better selection of dealerships up around 96th & Keystone. Lexus, Mercedes, et al. I wasn't really sure what I wanted, so I wanted to test drive several different cars. So, here I am, 23 and driving up in my '93 Ranger to Tom Wood Lexus and they treated me great and so did most of the other dealerships, but when I got to D&R Infiniti and BMW they just ignored me. I asked for help, but they just seemed too busy and uninterested in my business, so I left. I decided to go to D&R south and they treated me like I was their favorite customer. That is just my experience. I have heard and have read above others who have had great experience with D&R North.

Hey g35girl, you have to show up at the Oct. 18th meet at Ft. Ben. Come on. It will be fun. Everyone's doing it.

Submit to the peer pressure.

Ryan

Old 10-15-2003, 09:49 AM

FYI. One more thing about the Greenwood location. The Acura and Mazda dealereships and the Lockhart Caddy, Hummer lot is right next to the D&R Infiniti, BMW and VW lot. I am sure it wouldn't be a problem bringing over a car from another lot. There are plenty around there.

Ryan

Old 10-15-2003, 12:48 PM

Thank you all VERY MUCH for the replies/suggestions. You are all great! Seriously, most other forums aren't this "open" if you will.

I have had great repore with Ed Martin Acura...their service dept. is wonderful, their techs are great, they are "mod friendly," etc..but in all honesty, their cars are just too "conservative" for me. The CL-S and TL-S just aren't doing it for me. I wouldn't touch a 330 to be honest with you (I'd rather pay for a used E36 M3) and Lexus just isn't appealing to me right now. The IS300 can't touch the G35 in terms of look, power, sportiness, etc...

I have a few months to wait (until the job officially goes though) so I certainly have the time to get some personal relationships going on with the dealer. I will try to get Pat to sit down and talk with me and see if we can look at some #s...like I said, at this point, I am interested only in the 6 speed MT (I have never really driven an auto to be honest with you) and I don't need all that fancy-smancy stuff like Nav., spoiler, etc... I just need the basis!

Thanks again for all your help and as I said before, hopefully I'll officially introduce myself as a fellow G35 owner in the upcoming months at a meet or something.

2002 NBP RSX-S

Old 10-15-2003, 03:16 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Maybe you could hit up our meet this weekend and we can answer any questions, etc. and you can check out the cars... just a thought.

G

Old 10-15-2003, 03:21 PM

Man, I would LOVE to hit up the meet this weekend and drool over your cars...however, I have a good buddy coming in from Cincy Sat. Morning so I will not be able to make it.

I will keep an eye out on this board though and maybe there will be some early spring meets or something (or even winter) that I could attend. Thanks again for the invite, just don't think its going to work out really...

2002 NBP RSX-S

Old 10-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

No problem, man. I'm actually potentially moving out to Vegas this winter, so I'll miss the Indy meets that will be coming up [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] Later man, good luck,

G

Old 01-08-2004, 09:48 PM

Just to post my 2 cents on this...

I purchased my coupe from D&R in Indy in January 2003 and I can say that my purchase was rather smooth, although they did do certain things that I did not want them to do.

For instance, I ordered my car and specified exactly what options I wanted. When I got my car, it also had body side moldings, which I did not request, but that they did make me pay for. They also charged me to do a "security number" etching on all the glass, which was done before I got there.. and which they required me to pay for, saying that they are REQUIRED to etch the glass. By the way, they are not required. There is no law that requires them to do so... and it cost like $300 or something to do it. Rip-off.

They were supposed to mount my front license plate bracket for me, but did not do so. Other than that, things were pretty smooth.

Now for the bad part. The Service Department there is absolute garbage. They charge 2-3 times as much as the other infiniti dealers, do unnecessary repairs, take a long time to do their jobs, do not follow the TSB's appropriately, give you a TON of flack about duplicating problems, fail to follow through on the promises they make, etc etc. I can go on for hours.

I will be posting about my most recent service experience there. Trust me, Avoid them like the plague.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 01-08-2004, 10:34 PM

You went to D&R Indy North right?

They are expensive for service, I know that. I have gone to the Indy South/Greenwood location and I have had excellent and quick service. The have been very receptive to questions and complaints and have been real helpful with a couple situations I have had. I think that the north location may be worse because of the volume that they have. The south location isn't near as busy from my experience. I just thought I would pass along the info to you in case you wanted to check them out. The Infiniti service rep I deal with is Brandon Faulkner, so if you have any questions, I recommend talking with him.

Ryan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy