Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Chicago meet???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys new owner here. This might be a little off-topic but can someone recommend a good service infiniti dealers around Chicagoland ?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
I'm not from Chicago but I will be in town on a business trip this Sunday-Tuesday. Dunno if I'll have time to hang out and since I'm flying, no car to "show off" either.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:58 PM
i live in Lake Forest for part of the year.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by iceman2011
Hey guys new owner here. This might be a little off-topic but can someone recommend a good service infiniti dealers around Chicagoland ?

Welcome to the club IceMan. I get all my service taken care of at the Infiniti Gold Coast shop, downtown. I work right around the corner, so it's real convenient. All the service reps are real nice, and the head Infiniti tech really knows his ****. Hope this helps.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by calcul8
I'm not from Chicago but I will be in town on a business trip this Sunday-Tuesday. Dunno if I'll have time to hang out and since I'm flying, no car to "show off" either.

If you don't have your G, then we don't want to hang out with you...j/k.
Where are you going to be staying, downtown or the 'burbs?? Let me know if you need suggestions for $hit to do, I'm in the city.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by LikeIStoleIt
If you don't have your G, then we don't want to hang out with you...j/k.
Where are you going to be staying, downtown or the 'burbs?? Let me know if you need suggestions for $hit to do, I'm in the city.
Thanks for the hospitality! The company is putting everyone up at the Embassy Suites Hotel, where ever that is?

Most likely, I won't have any time to hang out anyway. I get in Sunday night, check in, go to a bar with my colleagues, then work stuff on Monday from 8am to night-time, more drinking, more work Tuesday and then I'm on a plane back here.

Maybe some other time, if I'm there for vacation (and find a G to borrow, lol)

Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Btw

I'm from chicago toooo, the Northwest Suberbs, been waiting for a meet for a while. So far I was chillin with my friend who has a coupe, I drive a sedan. BTW, I'm not a big fan of the CHICAGOz, I drive a sedan and dont think they would like me,

Last edited by gladiator_sgi; 01-08-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by gladiator_sgi
I'm from chicago toooo, the Northwest Suberbs, been waiting for a meet for a while. So far I was chillin with my friend who has a coupe, I drive a sedan. BTW, I'm not a big fan of the CHICAGOz, I drive a sedan and dont think they would like me,
I drive a sedan too, so if they have a meet and I show up, they're going to have to deal with it.
Which 'burb?? I'm heading out to Arlington Heights this Saturday to get my tints done. I was supposed to go last weekend, but came down with some stomach flu, couldn't leave the bathroom for more than 20 minutes at a time

Just curious, but does anyone here have tints on their front windows? I know it's illegal in IL, but I was hoping we could get away with like 50% at least. Any thoughts? Maybe it just depends on the cop.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I heard cops tolerance to tint depends on a suburb, Waukegan and Aurora from what I hear are brutal, I around Mt Prospect Des Plaines for years with fairly dark tint (although WI plates as well ..... I am planing to risk it with light tint all around (50%?) see where it takes me.

Which shop in Arlington Heights are you using? Plz share your experiences/prices paid when you're done

Old 01-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where are you getting your tints done?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm going to Umbra (umbrawindowtinting.com) in.
I heard about it from a different thread when I was searching the forum about tints. Over the phone the guy quoted me $195. He uses computer software to cut the tint, and does all the edges by hand (what he told me on the phone). I will definitely let everyone know how it comes out, and what % I decide to go with.
My appt. is at 10am, you guys want to meet up for lunch or something on Saturday?? I know it's short notice, but it could be like an impromptu mini-meet. I'd like to check out everyone's whips.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I actually just (2 months ago) got my car tinted there. The guy is really nice. One piece for the back window. However I am a little dissapointed. There are some minor specks on two of the windows. They are hardly noticable, but I am **** and it bothers me. He (Nino) said he would replace the two windows tint, but I am too lazy to go and get them re-done. Other than that it took him about 2.5 hours and I watched tv in the waiting room.

I got all windows done at 35% at that same price.

Jake

Old 01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
You got 35% all around?? No hassle from any cops yet?

Old 01-11-2008, 01:33 PM
How much did it cost you? I am looking to get mine done in the spring.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:33 PM
I had tints done at Mr. Kustom in Chicago on my old Maxima--not really dark tint, can't remember the % of it.... They did a very good job, and I can't remember exact price but it was around $200. Drove around Chicago, Wheaton, Aurora, for 6 years, and was pulled over only once for it--in Wheaton. Cop said "You know tints on the front are illegal in Illinois", and I said "Sorry officer, it was tinted when I bought the car..." They said "Have a nice day" and left me alone....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago meet???