Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Chicago meet???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2008 | 06:29 PM
|
^^thanks for the input, I think I may go with 35% all around. Unfortunately, I don't drive my car that much anyway (very short commute), so the odds are in my favor of not getting pulled over.

Old 01-11-2008 | 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by LikeIStoleIt
^^thanks for the input, I think I may go with 35% all around. Unfortunately, I don't drive my car that much anyway (very short commute), so the odds are in my favor of not getting pulled over.
Yep... Most times, you should be ok. The one time I actually did get a tint ticket on an older Nissan, I went to court and just showed them pics of the tints from the inside out.... They just said "ok" and let it go... I've driven beside cops and in front of them when I had tints and most of the time, they either didn't notice or didn't care. It's only when they think you look suspicious, or they pull you over for something else that they might bring it up. When I got pulled over in Wheaton, my brothers were drinking from glass bottles that looked like liquor (though they were just Clearly Canadian...) and I think the cops were really trying to bust us for something else, but we were clean....

Old 01-14-2008 | 09:48 AM
|
**Update**

So I got my tints installed at Umbra Window Tinting in Arlington Heights on Saturday. They did a GREAT job, nothing but compliments for the place. I got 20% in the back, and 35% in the front, only cost me $195. I have never gotten my cars tinted before, and Nino (the owner) was real cool. He let me stay in the shop area and watch him do my whole car. I was there for a while b/c there were 2 cars ahead of me, but I just watched TV in the waiting room until I was up. I'll try to post pics soon.

Old 01-14-2008 | 03:38 PM
Good choice...much less expensive than car boutique. Looks like I know where I am going for my next car.

Old 01-22-2008 | 12:13 AM
Hey all,
newbie to the board, as well as to the G (just got one last week.)
I'm game for any meets whenever one happens. I'd love to check out some of your rides, so I could get some ideas for mine.

Just let me know when and where.

(BTW, a friend does the racetrack thing with a BMW group. There are a couple semi-nearby).

JJ

Old 01-22-2008 | 11:24 AM
|
Hey JJ, welcome to the club.
Which track do your friends go to?? You're not talking about a drag-strip, are you? I know Joliet has a drag-strip, and the closest track I know about is that one up in Wisconsin that is like a 4 hour drive.

Old 01-22-2008 | 10:17 PM
not sure where exactly... he's told me about the outings, but I didn't have a car that would have made it worthwhile before now.

I'll get more info when I see him next

Old 01-23-2008 | 03:38 AM
Hey guys, I'm on ChicagoZ all the time and sedans are 100% welcome!!! Seriously the greatest group of enthusiasts you'll meet. We do mini meets almost every week in the summer and basically look for any excuse to hang out. Plus, everyone is always willing to help with mods so that saves you a ton of $$$. The first big meet of the year will probably be in April. last year there were just over 100 cars that showed up. If you're not on the site yet, do so!! There's a new person section where you can introduce yourself. Just take a look at that section alone and you quickly see how welcoming everyone is. As for the person looking for a dealership, the only place 95% of us will go is Autobarn Nissan in Evanston. It's a bit of a drive but they are a board sponsor and they are enthusiasts too and support us 110%. Once a month during the summer they have shop nights for us where we can come and work on our cars, use their lifts and they even have techs on hand to help with whatever we need. Oh yeah, their labor is FREE on shop nights!! Oil changes are $15 and all parts for Chicagoz members are 10% above cost....always. It's the only place we all trust. So definitely come over and introduce yourselves! I have the same screen name over there too so say hey.

Old 01-23-2008 | 10:14 AM
|
^^I just signed up on ChicagoZ. Same screen name.

Old 01-23-2008 | 10:23 AM
Seat swap?

Would you be interested in swapping my sport seats for your journey seats?

I know there aren't as many people on this forum from Chicago as say, Cali, but I still think it would be cool to have a Chicago meet? I'm a big fan of this site, I don't post much, but I def read most all the threads. I think it would be cool for us to all get together somewhere. What do you guys think? Anyone else interested??

Old 01-23-2008 | 11:31 AM
|
Originally Posted by novynich
Would you be interested in swapping my sport seats for your journey seats?

Sorry bro, I've heard some not so good things about those leg extensions. Plus I'm kind of a big guy (6' 240lbs), so I fit quite comfortably in my current seats.

Old 01-26-2008 | 03:57 AM
I am down for a meet.

< -- Naperville / Lisle

Old 02-07-2008 | 11:43 AM
EG3
Hey guys new to g35driver.... this is a great fourm... time just passes by @ work for me ever since I joined LOL... but a Meet would be kool. I live in the burbs.. SKOKIE...next to Evanston..... always lookin for G's when out driven round... they really are the best lookin cars out right now... I had a 2006 G35x and just traded in for 08 G35x BO... I LOVE this car....
Im also lookin to get tinted... 35% or 20%.. leaning twd 20%.. really havent been bothered by to cops... but dont know if should risk it... well see. my last G was 20% I belive and only got 2 tix in 2 years.
also Just got some 18'' Black with "crome" lip mesh wheels... Man I cant wait for the spring.. gonna wrap in Good Year F1's 225/45.
so wheres everybody from(city) and what yall driven?

Old 02-07-2008 | 11:44 AM
EG3
By the way Got my G in Glencoe @ Fields Infiniti... Great dealership... @nd car I bought there.

Old 02-07-2008 | 03:08 PM
Hey JJ, welcome to the club.
Which track do your friends go to?? You're not talking about a drag-strip, are you? I know Joliet has a drag-strip, and the closest track I know about is that one up in Wisconsin that is like a 4 hour drive.
-where?

My G is my daily driver! For the $40k it cost me, I can't afford to have an additional car. That's why I got the AWD.
-lol truer words have never been spoken. i'd really love to see some meets happen. i'm from milwaukee.

-FEB 18TH would be a cool day to do something. i'd be down

Last edited by Juan-g35; 02-07-2008 at 04:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago meet???