Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Michigan Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hate this snow was going to take my g out march 1st but now i dont know about that anymore i hate getting all those parts in and cant put them on car wont be able to diver for a month after it comes out all the **** i have to get on it....

we need to get a meet going in the summer friends of mine drive chevys they have meets ever tuesdays we need to do something like that would be fun summerset would be a nice place like that one 350z meet

Old 02-22-2009, 01:33 PM
sup guys i am up in grand blanc i have the laser red G coupe... i see 2-3 other coupes running around in fenton- grandblanc area

Old 03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
I know there are 4 other G owners up here for sure. Two X's, one white, one Diamond Graphite, and two sedans, one red and one black. They're all 05's or 06's. But it's nice having a somewhat unique car.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a nice feeling having a unique car in a city. There's not very many G sightings in "GM happy" Lansing, I've only seen a few in East Lansing and that's about it.

However, it was tough to find a G35 for sale in Michigan. After searching ebay, autotrader, and checking a few out in Chicago I ended up flying out to New York City for my ideal G and drove it back to MI about 3 months ago. Also, I have to drive 60 miles east or west to go to a dealership for warranty work. Oh well, small price to pay for an amazing car.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by bwam33
I know there are 4 other G owners up here for sure. Two X's, one white, one Diamond Graphite, and two sedans, one red and one black. They're all 05's or 06's. But it's nice having a somewhat unique car.

It's definitely a nice feeling having a unique car in a city. There's not very many G sightings in "GM happy" Lansing, I've only seen a few in East Lansing and that's about it.

However, it was tough to find a G35 for sale in Michigan. After searching ebay, autotrader, and checking a few out in Chicago I ended up flying out to New York City for my ideal G and drove it back to MI about 3 months ago. Also, I have to drive 60 miles east or west to go to a dealership for warranty work. Oh well, small price to pay for an amazing car.[/QUOTE]

I am from east lansing and it was hard to find the car i wanted in Mi, i ended up getting one from Chicago and driving it back. like you said i dont really see many around there (not living there right now) so thats nice.

also going back a few post i learned to just turn off VCD in the snow also. i find the car to be very predictable in the snow anyway

Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I only seen one G coupe in Michigan i think it was silver one w/ look alike nismo wheels.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bwam33
However, it was tough to find a G35 for sale in Michigan. After searching ebay, autotrader, and checking a few out in Chicago I ended up flying out to New York City for my ideal G and drove it back to MI about 3 months ago. Also, I have to drive 60 miles east or west to go to a dealership for warranty work. Oh well, small price to pay for an amazing car.
Same with me. I bought mine in November from Pfeiffer in Grand Rapids, but used Autotrader extensively, and was prepared to fly to New Jersey to get one. I wanted a certified pre-owned (2005+), but there were a couple of 2004's there that were within weeks of going out of CPO status (the car can't be more than 4 years old from it's original purchase date), so I figured I had a fair amount of leverage. In the end, I had Pfeiffer go to an Infiniti auction and get exactly what I wanted. And like you, I have to drive a long way for warranty work (150+ miles), but the local Nissan dealer can do regular maintenance.

And I forgot, I've seen a 2007 G Sedan up here too.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Anybody have any experience about how strict MI police are for having the front windows tinted?

I got a quote for $175 for 20% tint in the back and 35% on the front windows. I'd hate to get it done and then get hassled by police a week later or something. In my opinion, cars look pretty goofy only having the back windows tinted so its tint all around or none.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I dont know what my tint is but i have never had a problem (knock on wood) i have had my car for about 6months. It is differently noticeable but you can still see in

You can not see it very well in any of the photos i have. here is one i have on my phone...lol you have to love winter

if anyone has an idea on what the tint is please let me know

Old 03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by speedracer04
I dont know what my tint is but i have never had a problem (knock on wood) i have had my car for about 6months. It is differently noticeable but you can still see in

You can not see it very well in any of the photos i have. here is one i have on my phone...lol you have to love winter

if anyone has an idea on what the tint is please let me know

poor G
What part of michigan your from?

Old 03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Well grew up in East Lansing but now i am living in Ann Arbor because it is closer to my work. that photo is from the ohio turnpike. they put enough salt down to melt the glashers

Old 03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by speedracer04
Well grew up in East Lansing but now i am living in Ann Arbor because it is closer to my work. that photo is from the ohio turnpike. they put enough salt down to melt the glashers
I'm like 30 min. away from AA

Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's up guys! I'm pretty new to the forums. I moved to Farmington Hills last spring and drive a silver 03 G35 6 Speed....no mods or anything done to it yet....but love it!

Old 03-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by hpisloud
What's up guys! I'm pretty new to the forums. I moved to Farmington Hills last spring and drive a silver 03 G35 6 Speed....no mods or anything done to it yet....but love it!
If you need a intake I'm selling a Z-tube/stillen and stillen headers if your interested PM me. I live like 15 or 20 min away from you

P.S welcome to the forum

Old 03-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome. We should have a roll call of G's in Michigan.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'd start it if i knew wat you mean lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Michigan Anyone?