Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

for the indiana g35ers - dreyer & reinbold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down for the indiana g35ers - dreyer & reinbold

last week, i took my sedan to dreyer & reinbold KEYSTONE for a front creaking noise, heater check, and window grease streaks. i get a voicemail from the service lady (sally) and she goes "we've checked (heater) and fixed (creaking) everything, but my technician doesn't know what is causing the grease streaks. he's attributing it to smoke damage." my car has ZERO smoking allowed in it (i don't even allow food in my car) and that's her excuse. she didn't even say they checked it out or anything. so i leave her a message and inform her that there is a TSB out for the grease streaks (for the coupe, yes, but several sedans on this board have had it and got it fixed under warranty -- window regulator probs). finally, i get a hold of her and she goes, "that TSB doesn't apply to you, just coupes." i tell her that i'm aware of that but was just suggesting it to her since i'm part of a g35 club (i heard her laugh at this) and sedans have complained of grease streaks as well and her technician "doesn't know what's wrong." basically, we go back and forth for 10 min with her going on about how the TSB doesn't cover me. then finally, she goes, "do you want me to have him open it up and check it?" that indicated to me that they did JACK for the problem. i tell her i'm taking it elsewhere.

i just got my car back from D&R GREENWOOD and let me tell you, the service there was awesome. i take my car in for the same probs and i didn't get any "my technician doesn't know" or "it's caused by smoke" or "that TSB doesn't apply to you." it's just due to the weather and the runners dragging lubrication. MUCH better explanation. no ridiculous accusations of smoke damage and a snotty attitude from the service manager.

i am going to call the general manager of D&R KEYSTONE when i'm ready to fill out their D&R evaluation as well as the JD powers one to inform him of my unhappiness. they will NOT be getting a favorable eval from me. i'm not upset about my car not being worked on. it's the way the service dept handled my situation. it's so disappointing, too, because i've always been a keystone customer and held their service so highly. but since they replaced john with sally at keystone, things have not been up to what i think should be infiniti standards.

also, keystone's loaner was awful. the slip and VCD-off light were on the whole time and the steering needed alignment badly! the greenwood loaner was a 2004 g35x and wasn't showroom quality, but really nice compared to the loaners i've gotten in the past.

from now on, my service people will be greenwood. and if any D&R keystone employees are reading this, you will be hearing from me soon.

Old 02-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I've heard bad things all along from the Keystone location. I have had nothing but great service from the people at D&R Greenwood. John Stephenson, my service consultant at Greenwood has gone beyond the call of duty to make sure that I was happy with my service.

If you're not happy with the service at the Keystone location, you really should try the Greenwood location next time.

Last edited by rydw79; 02-02-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
john stephenson is the awesome that i was referring to in my previous post.

i also think that keystone gets the most volume of infiniti customers in indiana due to their location and so they're busier and probably skimp on the nice service things that we expect when buying a $35k car. but, i'm glad there's another option here.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Sounds like my fight with Inf of FT. Wayne Indiana. Good lord that battle went on for 2 wks last year. Consumer affairs was horrible and I almost got into blows with the service manager. I got the car fixed in the end but I would have never thought Infiniti would treat their customers like they did me.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I would love to try the Greenwood shop, but I live in Fishers and it is kind of a haul down there...but, I may have too as well. I got a whole line of BS about my brakes last time I was in at the Keystone shop. At 20,000 miles I only had .5 mm left on the fronts, but at 24,000 it was now up to .8. I asked them to check the brakes because of increased noises, and even after I pointed out the mileage irregularity (which made no sense at all), they were not willing to recheck it. I left a little pissed, but as a northsider, I havn't considered the Greenwood option. Maybe I should.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Blindspot, I got the same crap from the people at the Keystone location when I was looking to buy. I live on the southside and the selection wasn't as good, so I figured I would try north first. Bad idea, the same day I went to the Greenwood location and got great service and bought the car.

Try Audio Electronics at 5353 N. Keystone. I doubt that there is anyone better in Indy. A little pricey probably since they do most of the work for Pacers and Colts players, but very high quality work.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
I live in the Fishers/ Geist area and I always take my coupe to D&R Greenwood. John Stephenson has always gone above and beyond the call of duty. One of the techs there is terrific as well. His name is Erik and he will try everything possible to nail down your problem and fix it. I have my coupe in for service right now, trying to eliminate a squealing noise and John has been extremely accommodating. I have a FX35 loaner and couldn't happier with the way that I have been treated. FYI, it sounds as if they are mod friendly as well.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn, people, that sucks.

Post the names of sales reps/service managers if you have really good/bad service, as that's the most helpful thing. I used my sales guy (Pat Ireland) as my "concierge" at D&R Keystone, and everything I ever had done there was finished top notch, under budget, and ahead of time. They ran out of loaners once, and the manager of D&R gave me his personal FX to drive until they could set up something more suitable. Another time, I came in on a whim to get an oil change-- no calling ahead as I was just in the area, and Pat gave me his M45 to drive around Keystone til my car was finished.

I think the absolute key is to get the right service manager and sales rep. I would have EVERYTHING go through my sales guy. If I needed floor mats, I didn't deal with the 'shop', I dealt with him. Service? He set the appointment. The difference here is that your sales rep can impress upon the other workers how important it is to get it done right, as they depend on you for repeat sales. We ended up getting the FX from them because we were so impressed.

Either they've really gone down hill, or there've been some really crappy service managers you've dealt with.

G

Old 02-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
PS- If you're ever getting service done in Las Vegas any time soon, talk to Gil at Towbin Infiniti. My car was in an accident last year, and there were some risidual things that apparently the shop hadn't fixed. When I brought it in for 15k service, they fixed/replaced everything and put it all down as "warranty issues".

G

Old 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Story of an experience I had with John at Greenwood.

I took my car in for its 25k or somewhere around there maintenance and a dash squeak and door rattle. They hooked me up with a FX loaner with Sirius for the day. John called and told me that when they drove it they noticed the annoying squeak and rattle and also noticed a noise that sounded like a rear bearing going bad. They would have to keep the car overnight and asked if that would be a problem. I got the car back the next day and the door rattle was gone and the dash squeak was less, but not all the way gone. I figured I could live with it since it really wasn't annoying me and they had just taken the whole dash apart. That night I was on my way home from Bloomington and my drivers side window would not go down and my car also had a really high rpm idle. The window started working about an hour later, but the idle was still really bad. I drove over first thing in the morning and called John on my and told him what happend and that I was coming over right now. They again hooked me up with a FX loaner, but this time with XM. It was nice to get to try both sattelite services. Turns out my ecu had gone bad and they needed to replace it and would have to keep my car for the weekend until the new ecu came in on monday. The window was working fine and they hadn't been able to replicate the problem, but he said they would continue to see if they could replicate it. I asked if they could also take a look at that dash squeak again since they would have to keep it and he apologized for not having it fixed to my satisfaction the first time. They never could replicate the window problem. So, I get my car back and everything seems fine, the windows work the car idles better than ever and so I start back to work. I get about half way to work and notice that my window stopped working again. I call John and let him know and he asks if I can bring the car back right now so he and a tech can take a look at it while it is having the problem. I turn around and head back and when I turn into the parking lot there is John with a tech waiting for me. The messed around with it a little and got it to work and figured it was the window switch. John decided just to be safe to order a new switch and new window motor both. They again had to keep the car overnight until the parts came in and now everything works, no rattles or squeaks either.

I have never had service quite like that before. Greenwood treats people the way you want to be treated. If something is wrong they fix the problem right away and make sure that you are satisfied while being polite, listening and helping in any possible way that they can. There is no attitude and they never seem to get annoyed even with what seems like rather minor problems.

Kudos to D&R Greenwood.

It would be nice if the Keystone location would treat people the same way.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure about the headlight work. If you want performance work done try Indy Import Performance off of 73rd St. I'm pretty sure they could do some work with the headlights as well.

There are some meets around every once in awhile. Usually they are Nissan and Infiniti meets with NICO though. There doesn't seem to be a large G35 following in the Indy area.

I have not yet gone to IRP to run and they don't let you drive IMS. If you want to have some fun though, you should check out the road course at Putnamville. I know that the Porsche, BMW and Corvette clubs often run there. There is a pretty good autocross following in Indy too that you may be interested in.

There are plans to turn 37 into I-69 from Indy down to Bloomington then cutting across 50 and down to Evansville. It will be a long project once they get started. I currently live off of 37 between Southport Rd. and County Line Rd.. I'm to move a couple years, before they start construction because it is going to be a huge mess once they start.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
^^Here check this one out Real Cam from TopSpin Design I'm going to get and record track days and back road driving. Its water/fog/shock/salt proof, can do night vision, etc etc. Only as big as a small battery. Figure I'll put it behind the grille emblem and when I want to go racing, just pull the emblem out and the camera will be right there. Comes with all the stuff you need. You may be able to use it with a heads up display as well who knows.

Last edited by XCELR8; 02-08-2005 at 01:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: for the indiana g35ers - dreyer & reinbold