Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Chicago N. IL G35 Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chicago N. IL G35 Meet

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'll park kind of off from the other cars and stick by my G til you find me.

<hr></blockquote>

I was in down town Naperville last weekend. You will have to part a long ways away to find a spot thats "off from other cars" I never new downtown Naperville was such a hot spot.

Old 05-22-2003, 05:43 PM

Yeah, like I said I don't spend much time downtown Naperville. I went to meet Vette guys one time and we never found each other. Big drag.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:59 AM

I was in downtown Naperville last Saturday also w/ my G35C. When it's a nice day people flock to that area - all driving their favorite car, fresh from the car wash. I didn't see any other G35C that day, but saw several 350Zs. In fact, they must have planned something because 4 of them in a row were driving around, getting a bunch of oooh's and ahhh's from the pedestrians. And when I got back to my parking spot, I was surrounded by Z's! A white one to the left of me, a blue one to the right.
Anyhoo, my point being is that the riverwalk area in Naperville would be a nice place to meet - it would be a drive, however, for those of you in the Northern burbs. Maybe we could figure out who those Z-folks were, and have a Z/G35C combined meet up.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:14 PM

Old 05-26-2003, 12:29 PM

I'm from Willowbrook and work in Naperville but meeting anywhere will be fine by me.

Old 05-27-2003, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an email that came to my pop address from a FreshAlloy guy named riffster.

I have a G coupe - BS, AT, Prem, Perf, Aero, Nav - and I am organizing a meet on July 13th at the Tri-State Sports Council Autocross competition in Maywood. This was announced on Freshalloy a couple of times and I think we'll get a good turnout. It costs 30 bucks to compete if you're not a TSSCC member, but parking and spectating is free (all you have to do is sign a waiver.) The competition starts at 10 AM but goes on all day - usually wraps up around 4:30 or so in the afternoon. So you can arrive anytime and watch us and a lot of other cool cars drive. Alcohol is a no-no at the meet but afterwards we usually end up in the Sulky Room at Maywood Park for some good times.

Me and another Freshalloy poster (C5thunder) compete our G coupes in both TSSCC and SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) meets in the area. We're newbs so we aren't really competitive (yet.) We'd love to have more company.

I don't know if I can make it downtown for a meet - I would figure the McCormick thing is mostly a parking lot deal, right? Let me know some more details and maybe I can get some FA types at HIN and you could get some G35driver people at the AutoX on the 13th!

- Riffster

If anyone's interested in this, let me know and i'll let Riffster know!

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Premium
Bose
Sunroof
Bi-Xenon's
Aero/Sport
Winter
Splash Guards

Old 05-28-2003, 08:18 AM

Chiphead-

Sounds like it could be fun. Keep me in the loop.

Old 05-28-2003, 08:23 AM

Sal_Gxer-

Let me know if you still want to meet up this weekend.

Old 05-28-2003, 10:59 AM

I think both events would be fun....Regarding Hot Import Nights...I think we should determine a meeting spot ???I received an inquiry from a FA member on the meeting spot....

'03.5 G35 Sedan
'96 Range Rover
'94 Land Rover Defender 90

Old 05-28-2003, 11:37 PM

Nepog,

Who from FA inquired about the Hot Import Nights? I got an email from Raffster?? was it him?

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Premium
Bose
Sunroof
Bi-Xenon's
Aero/Sport
Winter
Splash Guards

Old 05-28-2003, 11:48 PM

Hi all (again!!!)

Hey, found a web site for MG (the little brittish sports cars) that has a huge listing of suburban cruise nights! Here's the link http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/mem...ws_cruise.html.

Maybe some of you can check these out and see if there's ajnything of interest. I saw a few like the link to Ralley Insurance (an Insurance company sponsoring cruise nights - lol!!!).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback on these!

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Premium
Bose
Sunroof
Bi-Xenon's
Aero/Sport
Winter
Splash Guards

Old 05-28-2003, 11:50 PM

Hi all (again!!!)

Hey, found a web site for MG (the little brittish sports cars) that has a huge listing of suburban cruise nights! Here's the link http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/mem...ws_cruise.html.

Maybe some of you can check these out and see if there's ajnything of interest. I saw a few like the link to Ralley Insurance (an Insurance company sponsoring cruise nights - lol!!!). Also the Rock & Roll McDonalds in Gurnee. I know it's mostly vintage classics but it's somewhat close to me so maybe one Friday I'll check it out and see if we'd fit in.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback on these!

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Premium
Bose
Sunroof
Bi-Xenon's
Aero/Sport
Winter
Splash Guards

Old 05-29-2003, 08:47 AM

Chiphead it was Fastgirl that replied....Mundelein 2 Wednesday looks intereting.

Joe

'03.5 G35 Sedan
'96 Range Rover
'94 Land Rover Defender 90

Old 05-29-2003, 10:06 PM

Another interesting tidbit!

Here's an email I received from Raffster from Fresh Alloy. This looks cool too!

Autocross is also known as "Solo 2", "slalom" or just plain "cone-racing" - it involves getting your car around a relatively short course of designated turns indicated by cones. It puts a premium on driver skill and also some on car handling and acceleration. I am a member of, and compete in, Autocross events of both the Tri-State Sports Car Council (TSSCC) and the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA.)

I am considerably older than the minimum age - 'twere it only true that I would have a problem getting in!

Anyway - me and another G coupe driver (C5thunder on Freshalloy) regularly compete. It costs anywhere from about 25 to 40 bucks an event to race depending on the organization and whether you're a member or if you pre-register or register on site - no special license required other than your driver's license.

You do have to have a helmet but there are loaner helmets available. Oh yeah - clean up your trunk - you'll have to take out any loose objects in it or inside the vehicle. You won't believe how stuff flies around when you're driving due to the g-forces!!!

Here are links for you:

http://www.tsscc.org

http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/index.html

It's fun and as safe as racing can be - you probably take a bigger risk going to the Dominick's. I can't begin to describe the rush you get from doing this - suffice it to say that the motto is "the most fun you can have sitting down!"

You don't have to compete though - spectating is allowed and is free - all you have to do is sign a waiver. Afterwards we hope to get together for a sandwich and some refreshment at a local establishment.

Maybe it's for you - maybe not - but I have found it very fun. C5thunder started because I wrote about it on FA and he is even more wild about it than me now.

Raffster

Maybe there'd be some interest in this???

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Premium
Bose
Sunroof
Bi-Xenon's
Aero/Sport
Winter
Splash Guards

Old 06-02-2003, 12:04 AM

2 Fast 2 Furious...

I checked for advanced showtimes for this movie at the South Barrington 30 theatre and there's still nothing on the web. My guess is that show times won't be announced until the Thursday papers hit! I saw in the Tribune today that there's a special edition The Fast and the Furious coming out on Tuesday in DVD format and if you buy it, you get a free pass to see 2 Fast 2 Furious for free! Target is $14.99 with the pass, Best Buy is $17.99 with an extra CD of cars and behind the scenes stuff, and Circuit City is $19.99 for just the DVD and the tix. I think I'm going to buy the DVD at best buy and get the bonus CD and the tix.

2F2F will also showing at Loews Streets of Woodfield theatre. I know some of you have mentioned that Schaumburg would fairly central so perhaps this is the place!

So now, the day. I really don't like over-crowded theatres so I'm not opposed to waiting until the weekend of the 14th or ther 21st to see this.

Give me feedback on your thoughts on the day and we'll set something up!

2003.5 G35 Sedan
Stillen Intake!
Hyper Grounding Kit!
Also Mercedes Benz ML350!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chicago N. IL G35 Meet